DCA Gets A Worthy Overhaul Budget

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: DCA Gets A Worthy Overhaul Budget

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Any reports on the new Cars Land or Carthay Theatre? I know msswann has been, how about you Wizz?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sat 23, 2012 6:34 pm

I went during the AP preview, it was fun, but it was so crowded I only got on RSR once before my window closed.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 24, 2012 4:20 am

I got on both RSR and Mater's and both were real fun. I did RSR in the single rider line and that was about 45 minutes to an hour wait. It broke down at least twice but it went real smooth and I really enjoyed it. Mater's was AMAZING. My bff and I were seated together and laughing the entire time and the jukebox was a real treat.

Cars Land in general is real nice but to really appreciate it all and explore it better, you should go early. And if you see some cast members handing out various cars pins, GO FOR THEM. They usually ask Cars or Disney trivia and the buttons are pretty cute.

I haven't gotten a chance to explore Buena Vista Street better but next time I hope so.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sun 24, 2012 12:30 pm

BV St was nice, but (I'm not sure if anyone else who has seen it agrees) it really had nothing that merited the lockdown. I understand closing off sections for construction, but it literally is just a new facade and a less interesting but better looking fountain.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Jul Wed 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Yes, ghost bikes are roadside memorials to someone hit and killed by a car while bicycling. The white paint is symbolic of the life lost. They are generally adorned the same way other roadside memorials are, with flowers or other items. No, they aren't protected from removal. CalTrans has guidelines for removing roadside memorials on state roadways, and most cities follow some internal policy. They are placed to raise awareness that bicyclist are vulnerable road users, and hopefully make motorist aware that they are (legally) operating in the roadway.

Bicycling to Disneyland is gaining popularity with employees and guests alike. The increase in bicycle-specific parking is visible in many areas. Hopefully the rest of the road infrastructure is adjusted accordingly to keep bikes, cars, and pedestrians safe, no matter how you choose to get to the park.