When was your last visit to Disneyland?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: When was your last visit to Disneyland?

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Sat 30, 2011 4:28 pm

The beginning of the month. Still holding out in going to the Subsonic meet next month.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Technically, October 2010. But we didn't really do much in the way of rides on that trip because we just went for the Halloween Party, and we weren't able to take advantage of the "early entry". The last time we truly enjoyed any time at the parks was July 2010.
We still haven't gotten over not having APs though...and we haven't had them since December 2007 (last AP trip was in October)! We used to go every other month or so. Sometimes it would work out where we would go, then 2 weeks later we were there again.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 11, 2011 8:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Technically, October 2010. But we didn't really do much in the way of rides on that trip because we just went for the Halloween Party, and we weren't able to take advantage of the "early entry". The last time we truly enjoyed any time at the parks was July 2010.
We still haven't gotten over not having APs though...and we haven't had them since December 2007 (last AP trip was in October)! We used to go every other month or so. Sometimes it would work out where we would go, then 2 weeks later we were there again.
Hopefully you can go again soon ~ and maybe even work your way back up to being AP holders :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 11, 2011 10:18 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Technically, October 2010. But we didn't really do much in the way of rides on that trip because we just went for the Halloween Party, and we weren't able to take advantage of the "early entry". The last time we truly enjoyed any time at the parks was July 2010.
After going so much for so long - how did you endure withdrawal?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 12, 2011 3:39 pm

It wasn't easy. We went nearly 2 years without going to the parks (Oct. 2007-Aug 2009), which to most people is nothing. But after being so used to going all the time and having it just gone, it was the hardest thing. No more fly by the seat of your pants weekend trips to our fave place. We took many trips to the character warehouse, listened to live365 (pre-subsonic days) for park music, looked at pictures, went on the Disneygeek site for weekly updates (pre-micechat days). Then I discovered Subsonic and the rest was history! I also discovered micechat and their updates around the same time.
We've been lucky enough to go 4 times since Aug. 2009 for various reasons, with 2 of those visits being 1 day events (D23 first anniversary party and the Halloween Party).

Oh well, we're just hoping to get to WDW sometime soon. It's been 8 years since we've been there!!!!
We're hoping to be able to get APs again, but not sure if it will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bravetaylor » May Fri 13, 2011 4:34 pm

2008. For every one trip to DL I make four to WDW due to proximity. How I wish it were the opposite. Even with the four parks at WDW I'm always yearing for the charm of the origional. (HM Holiday, The real POTC, Matterhorn, DLRR, how I miss you all.)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 13, 2011 7:04 pm

MmeLeota wrote:It wasn't easy. We went nearly 2 years without going to the parks (Oct. 2007-Aug 2009), which to most people is nothing. But after being so used to going all the time and having it just gone, it was the hardest thing. No more fly by the seat of your pants weekend trips to our fave place. We took many trips to the character warehouse, listened to live365 (pre-subsonic days) for park music, looked at pictures, went on the Disneygeek site for weekly updates (pre-micechat days). Then I discovered Subsonic and the rest was history! I also discovered micechat and their updates around the same time.
We've been lucky enough to go 4 times since Aug. 2009 for various reasons, with 2 of those visits being 1 day events (D23 first anniversary party and the Halloween Party).

Oh well, we're just hoping to get to WDW sometime soon. It's been 8 years since we've been there!!!!
We're hoping to be able to get APs again, but not sure if it will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.
I wonder how many of us on here started out on Live365 and graduated to Subsonic?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Good question mindflipper! One step further, if you listened to Live365 for Disney music, what channels did you listen to?

justjohn
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by justjohn » May Tue 17, 2011 5:29 pm

yesterday after work for ST cast member preview!

The ride looks fantastic but there are time line inconsistencies.

Fastpass is going to screw up wait times majorly though. What they were calling 1 1/2 hours was 40 minutes tops.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Tue 17, 2011 5:36 pm

justjohn wrote:yesterday after work for ST cast member preview!

Fastpass is going to screw up wait times majorly though. What they were calling 1 1/2 hours was 40 minutes tops.
My biggest beef is that this is supposed to be a "prequel" to the original ST, right? (i.e. Starspeeder 1000 instead of Starspeeder 3000) How can anyone say "the adventures continue"? They haven't happened yet...

So it wouldn't surprise me at all that there would be timeline inconsistencies. Not surprising about FP either...I'm so glad they never put FP at TSM.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 17, 2011 5:59 pm

justjohn wrote:yesterday after work for ST cast member preview!
So if you have never seen anything beyond the original Star Wars...you won't notice the inconsistencies?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 17, 2011 8:21 pm

MmeLeota wrote:My biggest beef is that this is supposed to be a "prequel" to the original ST, right? (i.e. Starspeeder 1000 instead of Starspeeder 3000) How can anyone say "the adventures continue"? They haven't happened yet...
They can always explain it as a mix-up with a time machine and patents... :wink: :mrgreen:

mommyfor2
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by mommyfor2 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 11:05 am

Our last trip was in April of 2010. We haven't been at all this year & probably won't make it. I am hoping that we can plan a family vacation for next year, once DCA is no longer under construction. My son is a Cars fan & I would love to go when the Cars Land is open next year. BTW, does anyone know when the Cars Land is scheduled to be open?

"REMEMBER DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE" :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 11:25 am

mommyfor2 wrote:Our last trip was in April of 2010. We haven't been at all this year & probably won't make it. I am hoping that we can plan a family vacation for next year, once DCA is no longer under construction. My son is a Cars fan & I would love to go when the Cars Land is open next year. BTW, does anyone know when the Cars Land is scheduled to be open?
"REMEMBER DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE" :mickey:
The most specific info I can find on Cars Land opening is summer 2012. Not very specific at all really, but I would imagine if they are able, they will try to open as early in the summer as possible in order to catch as many guests as possible during prime summer vacation touring season.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Likewise, if I ever go back to Disneyland (and its been some time for me) I will wait until all the renovation work at DCA (including the CARS attraction) is completed.