When was your last visit to Disneyland?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

When was your last visit to Disneyland?

Post by subsonic » Jul Thu 12, 2007 10:18 am

I'm a little sad. It's great the forums have activity but it's very apparent that Subsonic Radio's user base is mostly from WDW. There's about 10 active WDW threads for every one DLR.

I'm curious, when was the last time each of you visited Disneyland?

My last visit was when I took Addlema to the park for his first time about 3 weeks ago. That was a great trip. I still need to ride Nemo but the thought of waiting in line scares me.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Jul Thu 12, 2007 10:38 am

My last visit to DL was August of last year (it was only my 2nd visit) To be honest I enjoyed DCA more the DL just because of the crowds. As nice as DL is I really do prefer WDW (since I have been there more, I know my way around better :) )
On the plus side for DL is the "smallness" of it, you can easily walk both parks and Downtown Disney without feeling like you've walked forever :wink:
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Thu 12, 2007 11:00 am

My last trip was a little less than two months ago, for the first leg of my honeymoon. Even though my wife was sick the entire time, we made the best of it and really enjoyed being there on some low-crowd days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with school still in).

Before that it was last December, with my then-fiancee and her parents... and even though my father-in-law was sick the entire time, we made the best of it and really enjoyed being there in Christmastime, but before the crowds got out of hand (like the 9th-11th).

Next trip to DL is currently unplanned. We're shifting gears to Florida for this December. It's been two years since we went to WDW! Too long!
~Steve

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Jul Thu 12, 2007 11:13 am

My last trip to Disneyland was in 1997. Great trip, but scary realizing that was a decade ago now!

No trip in the forseeable future either. :(
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

ralberts
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ralberts » Jul Thu 12, 2007 12:43 pm

My last visit was in 2001. I got to ride the Rocket rods for the little time they were available. At the time they were building CA Adv. but sadly have never got to visit.
Randall

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jul Thu 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Too dang long ago!!
I think it was in 2001 but my memory isn't as good as it used to be!
I request as much as I can from DL tracks, my favorite land to request is Fantasyland :ccat: probably because that is where Alice, Mr Toad, and all the fun rides I remember so well as a wee little girl decades ago!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » Jul Thu 12, 2007 9:58 pm

My last trip was June 15 and 16. You can read all about it at this link here. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?t=3208&start=0

It is disappointing to me that there are so few people that talk about Disneyland. I've only been to WDW once and the memories I have don't help me much when I try to post on one of the WDW threads.

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » Jul Fri 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Have been to WDW in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2005 and soon 2007 since. That and a Disney cruise in 2000 and 2005.

I should arrange for an opposite coast visit, but there's so much more at WDW - even in the surrounding areas with Sea World, Universal, Busch Gardens...

Airfare to Orange County seems to be more for me also.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Fri 13, 2007 2:12 pm

My last trip was last summer. It was really hot, and we met up with some first-time Disneylanders. It's always fun showing new people around.

We also had the pleasure to meet that really old cast member who works at the Corner Cafe. His name unfortunately escapes me, and at the time, I didn't know who he was.

My next trip will hopefully be in two weeks, if we can get a reasonably priced motel/hotel booking. It was kind of a last minute decision, so hopefully it works out.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

TheGreatGonzo
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by TheGreatGonzo » Jul Fri 13, 2007 3:07 pm

My last trip to DL was about two years ago. I seem to be making it out there about once every two or three years. My next trip is in December. It's a little harder to get there since I have to fly. It's a little far to drive to from Ohio.
I usually go to WDW at least once a year (sometimes more). This works out great for me since I use it as a vacation destination, staying between 8 and 14 days. I pull the camper down and stay on site at Fort Wilderness Campground for less than $50 a day (makes for a reasonably priced trip). For a longer vacation I find WDW better since there are so many other things outside the parks to do while you're there. About half my trips are solo which means I get to do what I want, when I want, without worring about what everyone else wants to do.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Jul Fri 13, 2007 9:35 pm

My last visit was at the opening of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage! I was sooo upset because i wanted to watch the ceremony but it was invitation only and i couldnt even watch from a distance:( But the ride was amazing after only waiting for 8 hours:(

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jul Sun 15, 2007 9:20 pm

My last trip was just last week from July 8th to the 13th!!! :goofy_bounce:
WE had a blast I'll do a trip report later I just got home and am tired from the long long long long drive.

NapoleonD

Post by NapoleonD » Jul Mon 16, 2007 7:26 am

It's been too long. Over a year, any how. But you are correct, there is way too much WDW love and not enough Disneyland representation around here these days. Not sure how to remedy that situation.
Vote for Pedro to put internet live cams in Disneyland Park

ldzny

Post by ldzny » Jul Mon 16, 2007 11:40 am

Christmas 2005, wow do I need to go again soon...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt your what?" ~ Tow Mater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Jul Wed 18, 2007 12:06 am

We took a planned trip to WDW in May 2006. My grandpa, who had moved back to Victorville a few years earlier to be close to his brothers, passed away a few months later. My mom, dad, brother, and I made the 17 hours non-stop drive. We stayed in CA an extra day so my mom could go see her brothers. My brother and I didn't feel like visiting, so woke up early and drove down the hill to Disneyland. Last time we went, I was about 10 or 11 and he was about 3 or 4, so he didn't have any memory of going in the past.

We did DL in the morning, park-hopped to California Adventure for a few hours, and then back to DL for the rest of the day.

After closing, we stopped for gas, tried to convince a guy that "no, I really was not going to give him money" and "yes, he needed to go get a job", and drove back up the hill to Victorville.

I had discovered Micechat and E Ticket Radio on Live 365 before the trip, but didn't find Subsonic until after. One thing I noticed, at least about me, is when you don't get to go to the parks often, or stay multiple days in a single park, you really lose one of your senses--hearing. After listening to SR, I realized just how much of the park I missed.