Favorite Downtown Disney Restarant?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 20, 2007 11:48 am

I'm a bad person. I totally forgot about ESPN Zone. Thanks for reminding me slotofkit! ESPN Zone is also my favorite, for the sports games, food and vidoe games. MoCap Boxing is so much fun with a group of people!

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Aug Mon 20, 2007 2:42 pm

My fav is Rainforest, for breakfast. I wasn't that impressed with their later menu but the breakfest was really good.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:36 pm

chefbuns wrote:My fav is Rainforest, for breakfast. I wasn't that impressed with their later menu but the breakfest was really good.
Awwww. I like the later menu stuff better. The country fried chicken is great, and the asian chicken salad has the best salad dressing. If you've not ever had those, I highly, highly suggest 'em!
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:41 pm

I feel I must mention that your profile quote is excellent slotofkit. That's my wife's favorite part of Muppet Vision 3D. She always laughs every time Sam Eagle gives that gem of a description.

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks danimal! It's my brother and my favorite quote too. I'm glad somebody else appreciates it. I'll end this part of the tangent with this thought: the quote works to describe It's a Small World. It makes the ride humorous.
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 20, 2007 4:16 pm

slotofkit wrote:Thanks danimal! It's my brother and my favorite quote too. I'm glad somebody else appreciates it. I'll end this part of the tangent with this thought: the quote works to describe It's a Small World. It makes the ride humorous.
ha! Hilarious! It's true!

coasterphil
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by coasterphil » Aug Mon 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Unfortunately the only places I had a chance to try at DTD were Rainforest and La Brea Bakery. I would've liked to have gone to Tortilla Jo's or Catal, but Rainforest is a favorite of many of my family members.

skipper

Post by skipper » Aug Wed 22, 2007 12:05 am

Rainforest Cafe when you have little ones this is a great and exciting place for them to eat. The food is pretty good as well.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Aug Wed 22, 2007 10:53 am

skipper wrote:Rainforest Cafe when you have little ones this is a great and exciting place for them to eat. The food is pretty good as well.
Ugh. Unless they're easily frightened. I'd never heard my six year old cousin scream more than when the lights dimmed, the thunder struck, and the gorilla next to us started grunting and pounding his chest.

Lunch ended early that day.
~Steve

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Aug Wed 22, 2007 1:23 pm

spaulo wrote: Ugh. Unless they're easily frightened. I'd never heard my six year old cousin scream more than when the lights dimmed, the thunder struck, and the gorilla next to us started grunting and pounding his chest.
We once took my cousin when she was quite a bit younger and she didn't scream much, but she was definitely frightened. She hunched down close to being under the table and stuck close to her parents.

She was also scared of It's a Small World. Smart kid.
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

proudcanuck

Re: Favorite Downtown Disney Restarant?

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Tue 26, 2011 3:58 pm

I wouldn't really consider it a favorite, but everytime we go to Disneyland for our family vacations, we always go to Rainforest Cafe @ Downtown Disney for dinner at least once. We only do it for our kids (now aged 10 and 4). They love the atmosphere, and seem to enjoy the food. When it is just my wife and I, we never seem to eat in Downtown disney, but off site.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 28, 2011 1:22 pm

ldzny wrote:What's your favorite place to eat in Downtown Disney? Mine is the little Mexican place, Tortilla Jo's. We must have eaten there 4 times my last trip. Fast, large portions, good food at a reasonable price.
Thats my favorite Too! love there burritos
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re:

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 28, 2011 1:24 pm

slotofkit wrote:
spaulo wrote: Ugh. Unless they're easily frightened. I'd never heard my six year old cousin scream more than when the lights dimmed, the thunder struck, and the gorilla next to us started grunting and pounding his chest.
We once took my cousin when she was quite a bit younger and she didn't scream much, but she was definitely frightened. She hunched down close to being under the table and stuck close to her parents.

She was also scared of It's a Small World. Smart kid.
I'm with you LOL Small World can be frightening. They need a drop placed inside the ride and change songs to something darker for an almost vertical hill at the end! :twisted:
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 28, 2011 1:30 pm

My Favorite resturaunt that we go to that isnt dinsey related would be In and out burger. we tend to go there towards the middle of the day when we want to eat cheap. because we all know that even the pizza port can be pricy!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Apr Thu 28, 2011 6:15 pm

I love the Dining room at Wolfgang Pucks. Its relaxing and quiet plus the service and food are always top notch.