Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: last ride in

Post by Sparten » May Tue 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Sparten wrote:I would say that my favorite ride to end the day would be either Indy because of the line or Matterhorn at night because the best outside ride at night would be either BTMRR or the Majestic Matterhorn!
I waited one time for Indy for at least an hour and a half later in the evening. I believe it was because people were using up their fast passes. And poor single me was stuck in the line as they had done away with the single rider line :(
I do remember going on the Jungle Cruise after Indy and thinking it was quite a different attraction in the darkness of night!
Oh Yah! I forgot to mention the Jungle Cruise! thats a completely different ride at night. I personally like it better then, than at day time.
The back side of water joke still gets me! :lol: :roll:
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Wed 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Ususally it's whatever mood strikes us. But we almost always stay until the park is closed. I remember one time we actually went on Pooh 3 times in a row to close out the night. It was great though because there was no one else on the ride so we could try and get pics. Hubby got a great pic of Max, Buff and Melvin!

We also have done IASW twice in a row at closing, and let me tell you how creepy that was!!! No one else around, lots of times not even a boat could be seen ...and all those creepy dolls singing away. I felt like I was in a "Child's Play" movie or something! :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 11, 2011 8:02 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Ususally it's whatever mood strikes us. But we almost always stay until the park is closed. I remember one time we actually went on Pooh 3 times in a row to close out the night. It was great though because there was no one else on the ride so we could try and get pics. Hubby got a great pic of Max, Buff and Melvin!

We also have done IASW twice in a row at closing, and let me tell you how creepy that was!!! No one else around, lots of times not even a boat could be seen ...and all those creepy dolls singing away. I felt like I was in a "Child's Play" movie or something! :shock:
That is great that C40 got a good photo of the previous residents ;)
I agree with you about IASW, but it is creepy in a good way ~ especially if it is Christmas, then you can sing along as loud as you want! I like the Jingle Shells part the best :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 11, 2011 10:12 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Ususally it's whatever mood strikes us. But we almost always stay until the park is closed. I remember one time we actually went on Pooh 3 times in a row to close out the night. It was great though because there was no one else on the ride so we could try and get pics. Hubby got a great pic of Max, Buff and Melvin!

No, MmeLeota, you should have not said that! With that idea, I bet Hollywood has already got a script churning for the next "Child's Play" movie! :shock: :roll: :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 12, 2011 3:50 pm

mindflipper wrote:

No, MmeLeota, you should have not said that! With that idea, I bet Hollywood has already got a script churning for the next "Child's Play" movie! :shock: :roll: :(
Oh crap... :shock: :? :wink:

If I can find that picture he took of the previous residents, I'll post it *especially for momeja* :twisted: :lol:

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bravetaylor » May Thu 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Matterhorn first attraction in morning then I don't visit it again until the last ride of the night. Nice bookend

padproductions
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by padproductions » Feb Thu 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Last time I was there, I ended the day with a 3rd and final ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Usually, though, I end up in Tomorrowland at the end of the day, but for some reason, I find the water rides (especially Splash Mountain) to be most enjoyable at night.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 03, 2012 7:53 am

padproductions wrote:Last time I was there, I ended the day with a 3rd and final ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Usually, though, I end up in Tomorrowland at the end of the day, but for some reason, I find the water rides (especially Splash Mountain) to be most enjoyable at night.
Water rides are nice at night. I wonder if it is because the night lights reflect off the water and then you also have the soothing splishy-splashy sounds?

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Although we usually end with Pan or Philharmagic, last trip, we ended with Space. We'd just missed our goal riding every ride in the park in one day because we'd forgotten that the Carousel closes down for the fireworks :twisted:. H. was in love with Space that day because that morning he'd finally gotten up the courage to keep both hands up during the ride (you see, you're never too old to be daring :wink: ). Wishes was just about to start but we had a set of FPs for Space, so I said, "Wishes or one more time on Space, everyone?" The crew voted for Space, so we tore through the pretty packed crowds around the hub and ran over to Space, just making it.

Afterward, H. wanted to get the ride photo as a memory of the day he finally kept his hands up:

(that's me in front and our eldest dd, Emilie, in back)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Great photo momeja! Now you just have to teach him to hold his hands a wee bit higher so we can see his face in the photo :roll: ;) :lol:
Love the look on your face ~ that is sheer joy right there :D

roguepawn

Re:

Post by roguepawn » Feb Tue 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Halvogirl wrote:We always do the same thing at the end of our disneyland day. We go on the Matterhorn and my dad :o yodels :o the whole way down. It sounds embarassing but my whole family loves it and our fellow passangers always seam to love it to. Than we go to main street and watch everybody leave from the porch, of course with tears as we are one of the last to leave.
This... is awesome. Can I ride the Matterhorn with your dad?

My wife and I don't have a favorite attraction we have to ride before we leave, but we really enjoy taking Big Thunder Trail into Fantasyland late at night and then riding the dark rides/Carousel. Unless we still have fastpasses to redeem, of course :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Re:

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 14, 2012 12:56 pm

roguepawn wrote:
Halvogirl wrote:We always do the same thing at the end of our disneyland day. We go on the Matterhorn and my dad :o yodels :o the whole way down. It sounds embarassing but my whole family loves it and our fellow passangers always seam to love it to. Than we go to main street and watch everybody leave from the porch, of course with tears as we are one of the last to leave.
This... is awesome. Can I ride the Matterhorn with your dad?

My wife and I don't have a favorite attraction we have to ride before we leave, but we really enjoy taking Big Thunder Trail into Fantasyland late at night and then riding the dark rides/Carousel. Unless we still have fastpasses to redeem, of course :D
I must have missed your post Halvogirl ~ that does sound like fun! Although I would have died of embarrassment when I was younger if one of my parents did something like that :shock: :roll:

Lori60
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Lori60 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 1:43 pm

For years when visiting Disneyland it was the People mover... I haven't been back since 1978. All those years in between have been at WDW. This November I get to return to Disneyland, I cannot wait! I am anticipating feeling sad when looking up at the empty tracks.

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:32 pm

When it was there, Peoplemover was an excellent way to end the day; a last good dose of atmosphere and a final rest for your feet before that depressing walk out and the joys of the parking lot car search. Now, Matterhorn! Another attraction that puts you sort of in multiple lands at one time and gives you views of so many areas lit up for night time, plus it's always best in the dark when you can't see the track as well.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

zooey2011

Post by zooey2011 » Jul Wed 18, 2012 11:13 am

we always like to get on the last train that circles the park at the end of the night