last ride in

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

last ride in

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Thu 09, 2004 11:11 am

i know people have disneyland traditions when it comes to attractions. so what is the last ride that you go on? and as to not have people just list them off, why not say how you finish your day up at the park.

i'll post mine after i take a final :(
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

marathons

Post by sockfire » Dec Thu 09, 2004 1:53 pm

I remember a big thing for me and my friends was to find a big ride, like Space Mtn or Big Thunder, and go on it as many times as we could in the last hour. We called it a marathon (i.e. Splash Mountain Marathon). Sometimes we would get on 5 or 6 times. By the end of all that we were usually very hoarse from yelling on the ride. 8)

We seem to be too old for that now as usually everyone wants to leave early :( Not me though, I'll stay until my feet fall off.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Dec Thu 09, 2004 2:00 pm

never been to DLR, but have been to WDW several times. Whenever going to the Magic Kingdom there we try to get on something like Haunted Mansion or Pirates right before the parade (usually, we end up watching from outside the Hall of Presidents), then we walk over to Main Street to see the fireworks show before slowly making our way to the monorail. We hate the end of the night rush there, so we take our time and get the last train out.

pgreger

Re: marathons

Post by pgreger » Dec Thu 09, 2004 2:33 pm

sockfire wrote:We called it a marathon (i.e. Splash Mountain Marathon). Sometimes we would get on 5 or 6 times. By the end of all that we were usually very hoarse from yelling on the ride.
Big Thunder Mountain Marathon

or

Space Mountain Marathon

'Till our feet fall off, or socks catch fire!!!! :wink:

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Thu 09, 2004 2:59 pm

ok back. lessee. well before space mountain was closed, that would be our first and last ride...something about coming full circle. i guess we would ride whatever until 11:50 something, then run/fast walk over to space mountain hoping they would let us in. they have let us on each time, so it makes us happy. after that we just walk around the mainstreet shops until everyone was tired of delaying the inevital exiting of the park. i always take one look back at the castle, for nostalgia purposes i suppose.

i always, always try and stay until the last possible minute, even if my dogs are tired.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

wallerman8

Post by wallerman8 » Dec Thu 09, 2004 5:46 pm

If at all Possible it has to be C.O.P. But as rare as it is open now. I generaly take a glance and think how sad it is that one of walts GREATEST rides is closed 98% of the time. Call me chesey but I can't help it.:cry:

Fritz

Post by Fritz » Dec Fri 10, 2004 3:35 am

At Disneyland my favorite way to cap the night off is with a trip down the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain's last voyage of the day. And the top deck is a great place to watch fireworks from. Although I definitely have been known to ride Pirates and Mansion literally dozens of times in a row as the park begins to empty and the lines vanish.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Fri 10, 2004 1:50 pm

I don't have a last ride. It changes with each visit. I remember those marathons though :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » Dec Fri 10, 2004 3:37 pm

Our trips totally change whatever the last ride is. I think it definately depends on the company you're with when you go. For example, if I'm going with kids it's something like Peter Pan or Small world or something they really like, because I don't consider that "my" trip, ya know? I'm there for THEM and their happiness.

If I'm going with my best friends (adults) it's usually the last viewing of Fantasmic and hitting something close to there (Pirates, Haunded mansion, et cetera). The trip before last I managed to ride Splash mountain about 4 times in a row right at closing, and while walking back, one of the CMs at the front of Haunted Mansion snagged us and offered us the last ride of the night. That was a very cool night!

So yeah, it totally depends on the vibe of the people you're with, kind of how your day went, there's a lot of factors for me.

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Post by Fantasrick » Dec Mon 20, 2004 8:49 pm

Even though this attraction is not a ride, it is convenient because it is near the entrance, and is a very inspiring show. It leaves you with something to think about.

YLG1207

Post by YLG1207 » Jan Sat 08, 2005 12:21 am

First and last ride of the day has to be PotC!

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jan Sun 09, 2005 1:35 am

YLG1207 wrote:First and last ride of the day has to be PotC!
funny, im always on PotC when theres at least one more ride i wanna go on before i call it a night.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Halvogirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by Halvogirl » Jan Thu 13, 2005 2:15 pm

We always do the same thing at the end of our disneyland day. We go on the Matterhorn and my dad :o yodels :o the whole way down. It sounds embarassing but my whole family loves it and our fellow passangers always seam to love it to. Than we go to main street and watch everybody leave from the porch, of course with tears as we are one of the last to leave.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » Jan Fri 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Most trips I spend the last evening touring with my mom, which kind of limits what I do. We usually end up just walking around, since she's always been more of an "atmosphere" person, as opposed to a ride fiend like myself. Hopefully that'll change when I go next time, with my friends.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jan Sun 30, 2005 1:02 am

Mike Pinocchio wrote:Most trips I spend the last evening touring with my mom, which kind of limits what I do. We usually end up just walking around, since she's always been more of an "atmosphere" person, as opposed to a ride fiend like myself. Hopefully that'll change when I go next time, with my friends.
there are times when i just want to take a break from waiting in lines and riding rides to just walk casually around the park and enjoy the atmosphere. this is why i can never recall the names of the shops on main street.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."