Saddest Disneyland Memory

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

jasondlnd
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by jasondlnd » Feb Wed 27, 2008 7:32 pm

I've had a lot of memories associated with Disneyland...some really happy ones and some really sad ones.

My saddest memories of Disneyland came at a time when a lot of changes happened in 2006, causing fellow Cast Members to leave right and left for one reason or another. I felt like I was losing friends left and right until I left the company. :(

bhead88
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by bhead88 » Mar Tue 04, 2008 2:08 am

Walking to the gate for the last time, turning around and getting one last glimpse of the flower Mickey under the train station, and throwing out one last smile before coming home. It's become a ritual. I did it the first time I went when I was 4 and I'm 19 now.
"Soarin' to Tower, we're ready for take-off."

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Re:

Post by darthblixt » Aug Wed 22, 2012 4:14 pm

casrin wrote:Mine is probably going to seem "off the wall" but I've only been to D-land twice (living in Michigan makes it harder to get there :rolleyes). What was sad for me were two events...

* When the Festival of Fools closed because I just adored that show when I saw it in 1996

And ...

* When the Eeyore part of the parking lot was gone because Cali Adventure was constructed.

Your saddest memory was when the parking lot closed...? My saddest memory was when my wife had a heart on the Mark Twain riverboat and fell off the boat into paddle wheel :( but being able to go in the single rider lines made up for it.