Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

rudekick
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

10 Years of Indy

Post by rudekick » Nov Sat 27, 2004 5:13 pm

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/ ... d4352.html

The details on the 10 year anniversary event for Indiana Jones at Disneyland were just released. Has anyone gone to one of these ride event/dinners before? Are they worth it? Is anyone considering going to this one? (And is it just me or is 300 bucks for a night at the Grand Californian and breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel a little steep!)

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Nov Sat 27, 2004 5:23 pm

Amazing that it has been 10 years of Indy now. That ride is so well done, it fits right in with the classics as a younger brother so to speak... The celebration looks interesting and I'm sure they'll do a great job but steep is right, $150 for the evening alone is a lot, esp. for the broke college student!

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Nov Sun 28, 2004 4:38 am

Quote from The Disney Gallery website wrote:Ticket Sale Information:
Tickets for the Temple of the Forbidden Eye event package are $450, per person.
Limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

*Standard accommodations; one person per room. Includes room rate and tax only. Couples purchasing the Temple of the Forbidden Eye event package will be offered a second night hotel accommodation (consecutive to the first night - 3/3/05) in a standard room/double occupancy at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® (or another Resort hotel as determined by Disney) in lieu of two rooms for one night. Subject to availability.
$450 per person?!?!?! 1 person per room?!?!?!?!?! Couples have to buy 2 nights totalling almost a grand?!?!?!? Holy Rip Off, Indy!?!?!?!?

DISNEYman
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DISNEYman » Nov Sun 28, 2004 4:48 am

Wow, 900 dollars for a couple is very high. I say it's a rip-off, but I think these events are pretty popular. A few of my friends went to a Hautned Mansion Holiday event and enjoyed it very much.

Nothing really jumps at me in this event though, but Happy Ten-Year Anniversary Indy, I still remember the first year you opened!

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Nov Sun 28, 2004 4:59 am

DISNEYman wrote:Nothing really jumps at me in this event though, but Happy Ten-Year Anniversary Indy, I still remember the first year you opened!
Man, I wish I had kept one of those At&T decoder cards they gave out when it first opened. I used to have them everywhere, it seemed, but did I treasure them???? Did I save them for the memories???? Did i think of the future????

:cry: NO

rudekick

Post by rudekick » Nov Sun 28, 2004 12:53 pm

DISNEYman wrote:Wow, 900 dollars for a couple is very high. I say it's a rip-off, but I think these events are pretty popular. A few of my friends went to a Hautned Mansion Holiday event and enjoyed it very much.

Nothing really jumps at me in this event though, but Happy Ten-Year Anniversary Indy, I still remember the first year you opened!
Yeah, there's NO WAY I'd go for the 450 package...but the 150 package MIGHT be reasonable...anyone with any personal experience at these events???

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Tue 30, 2004 9:25 pm

pgreger wrote:
DISNEYman wrote:Nothing really jumps at me in this event though, but Happy Ten-Year Anniversary Indy, I still remember the first year you opened!
Man, I wish I had kept one of those At&T decoder cards they gave out when it first opened. I used to have them everywhere, it seemed, but did I treasure them???? Did I save them for the memories???? Did i think of the future????

:cry: NO
man, i feel you on that one. i remember i had a couple of them, and just thought, 'well if i lose some, i still have more.' now i dont have any! :cry:

i love indiana jones and all, but not that much.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Nov Tue 30, 2004 9:29 pm

I had wondered if there was a decoder for that writing on the wall there! Glad to know there is one and even if you did manage to misplace yours I found photos of them at http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/pVi ... D=14&Rev=0

I'm going to have to print one out and bring it with next time in case I'm stuck in line.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Nov Tue 30, 2004 9:54 pm

G2-4T wrote:I had wondered if there was a decoder for that writing on the wall there! Glad to know there is one and even if you did manage to misplace yours I found photos of them at http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/pVi ... D=14&Rev=0

I'm going to have to print one out and bring it with next time in case I'm stuck in line.
hey, that sounds like a good idea. i'll do that for my next trip. thanks for the link
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

pgreger

Post by pgreger » Dec Wed 01, 2004 3:44 am

G2-4T, You ROCK!!!!!!!! I never even thought about searching for them!!!! You totally made my night!!!!! :D Thanks for the link!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Wed 01, 2004 1:30 pm

I might still have mine somewhere. I remember having a posterboard filled with them.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Indy decoders

Post by sockfire » Dec Wed 01, 2004 2:02 pm

All the text says is stuff like "Choose wisely" and "True rewards await those that choose wisely" and other AT&T based slogans. There is one big wall that has what I heard were the initials of the people that worked on the ride (might be wrong about that).

"Remember to drink your Ovaltine" rings familiar. 8)

pgreger

Re: Indy decoders

Post by pgreger » Dec Wed 01, 2004 2:47 pm

sockfire wrote:"Remember to drink your Ovaltine" rings familiar. 8)
Is that a "Christmas Story" reference????? Ralphie and his Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring????? Isn't that always the way? You get so excited about getting the decoder and reading secret messages and all you get is commercials!!!!! :evil:

I'm still happy to have pics of the Indy decoder cards if not the cards themselves...

vote_stomper

Post by vote_stomper » Dec Fri 03, 2004 3:51 am

i went to this site http://www.kaosol.net/~swensonj/mara/ and after an hour or two you can learn marabic and not need a decoder. i did that and decoded it in july and scared a few guests because they thought i was part of the scenery. It's preaty easy, because all of the writing looks like english except for I which looks like an eye, and that is my favorite letter in the marabic alpabet.

Just thought i'd be helpful :wink:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Re: Indy decoders

Post by js3901 » Dec Fri 03, 2004 4:42 am

sockfire wrote:"Remember to drink your Ovaltine" rings familiar. 8)
That would be: "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine". Not "Remember to ..."

not that I've seen the movie or anything :lol: