10 Years of Indy

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Denile Princess

Post by Denile Princess » Apr Wed 06, 2005 1:07 am

That ride is my baby. I love working it, and right now I'm hoping and working to become a trainer. Walking the track is just like riding the ride. There's something new to see everytime you go out there. I didn't realize that the Snake Temple has rubber snakes on the floors and the walls and on the snake pillars that support the structure, until I walked it my first day of training. There's doors and effects that I notice all the time becuase the sequencing is constantly changing.

The snake's name is Spaz because when he was first installed, the crew forgot one of the springs in his neck that triggers the "strike" effect, so he wouldn't strike backwards as stealthily as he should have. He kind of swayed from side to side, and every time he struck forward, he would get lower and lower. Finally one day, he hit one of the vehicles and knocked out his fangs and bit off his own tongue. We actually had to hit a ride stop and go out and fix him. Hence, the name "Spaz."

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: puts Dinosaur to shame

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Wed 06, 2005 7:29 am

Denile Princess wrote:
kgmadorin wrote:Ten years! Wow! And to think that Countdown to Extinction (now Dinosaur) at Disney's Animal Kingdom opened three years later and can't hold a candle to Indy...

I have always heard that those two sibling attractions use an identical track layout, but are mirror opposites. Can anyone verify that?
I CAN!!

Although the two tracks are similar, they are not identical. The change is minor though. The Countdown to Extinction track is slightly smaller than Indy's track. It is missing the "Snake Temple" loop in it's ride path.
Thanks, Denile Princess! Yet another Disney Urban Legend has been corrected...

Denile Princess

Post by Denile Princess » Apr Wed 06, 2005 10:31 am

No problem. Anything to help!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 06, 2005 10:33 am

I've always wanted to walk the Indy track. I walked over there one day after my shift but they didn't let me.

At least I got to walk the Space Mountain track constantly. Mmm, my favorite ride.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Denile Princess

Post by Denile Princess » Apr Wed 06, 2005 10:37 am

That's one of the attractions I would love to walk. That and Matterhorn.