Worst Cast Member Experience?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Worst Cast Member Experience?

Post by leblanan » Nov Thu 04, 2010 9:32 am

Not really a horrible experience, but a bizzare one. We were once having dinner at California Adventure, after ordering, we sat there for almost a half hour without anyone coming over to us. Eventually someone finally asked if we had orded. When we said we did, they figured out that our waitress took our order, got into a big fight with the manager and quit, but she never placed the order before she left. They ended up giving us fastpasses to any ride we wanted.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Thu 04, 2010 12:14 pm

leblanan wrote:Not really a horrible experience, but a bizzare one. We were once having dinner at California Adventure, after ordering, we sat there for almost a half hour without anyone coming over to us. Eventually someone finally asked if we had orded. When we said we did, they figured out that our waitress took our order, got into a big fight with the manager and quit, but she never placed the order before she left. They ended up giving us fastpasses to any ride we wanted.
Hmmmm.... that wouldn't happen to have been in February '09, would it? We were there for the "Sweetheart Dinner" package for our anniversary, and overall had a good experience, but for some reason it took a lifetime for our entrees to come out. Our waiter said it was because they were short-staffed at the moment.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 04, 2010 2:22 pm

leblanan wrote:Not really a horrible experience, but a bizzare one. We were once having dinner at California Adventure, after ordering, we sat there for almost a half hour without anyone coming over to us. Eventually someone finally asked if we had orded. When we said we did, they figured out that our waitress took our order, got into a big fight with the manager and quit, but she never placed the order before she left. They ended up giving us fastpasses to any ride we wanted.
I'm not sure that fastpasses were enough for that sort of blunder :shock: They should have at least thrown in free drinks or a yummy dessert!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Nov Sun 07, 2010 7:48 pm

That's not a bad CM experience. That's managements fault for not letting you know what the heck was taking so long!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Nov Sun 07, 2010 11:39 pm

MadEye wrote:
That's not a bad CM experience. That's managements fault for not letting you know what the heck was taking so long!
Actually happened in 2005,

Wasn't a bad experience really, just an annoying wait. They were very apologetic and the fastpasses were a nice touch. The manager was incredibly nice and once she realized what had happened, she fast tracked our order as well.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Tigger Fan » Mar Sat 12, 2011 12:21 pm

I can't say I have ever had a bad CM experience in all the years I have going. I do always compliment CM's I think are putting extra effort in doing their jobs.
And I always say thank you to them when I am purchasing something.
I do remember onetime I was getting on Snow White ride, there was no one in line what so ever. The young lady was just pushing the buttons to keep the ride going. She looked so bored. I walked up and smiled at her and joked with her as I was getting on. I made her smile & chuckle and I would like to think made her know that there are guest that appreciate what she was doing.
Cast members are human too. They have good days and bad days.

Tigger

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sat 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:I can't say I have ever had a bad CM experience in all the years I have going. I do always compliment CM's I think are putting extra effort in doing their jobs.
And I always say thank you to them when I am purchasing something.
I do remember onetime I was getting on Snow White ride, there was no one in line what so ever. The young lady was just pushing the buttons to keep the ride going. She looked so bored. I walked up and smiled at her and joked with her as I was getting on. I made her smile & chuckle and I would like to think made her know that there are guest that appreciate what she was doing.
Cast members are human too. They have good days and bad days.

Tigger

Your one of those people the think the CM's are "STILL" human??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Tigger Fan

Post by Tigger Fan » Mar Fri 18, 2011 10:07 am

Are you saying they are aliens like the post office workers in Men in Black?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Mar Fri 18, 2011 11:52 am

I would say it almost takes "inhuman" strength and qualities to be a C.M. and still maintain your composure in the face of the daily onslaught of strange humanity you have to face! :shock:
I've gotta hand it to the C.M.'s I see who manage to stay cheerful and friendly. I wouldn't be able to get through a whole day of dealing with idiot "guests" without caving in to my urge to tell off some moron who desperately needs it.... :roll: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Mousekedude wrote:I would say it almost takes "inhuman" strength and qualities to be a C.M. and still maintain your composure in the face of the daily onslaught of strange humanity you have to face! :shock:
I've gotta hand it to the C.M.'s I see who manage to stay cheerful and friendly. I wouldn't be able to get through a whole day of dealing with idiot "guests" without caving in to my urge to tell off some moron who desperately needs it.... :roll: :lol:
I guess I'm pretty well prepared should I ever get to work for the mouse. I hold my tongue a lot when it comes to students' behavior :shock: :roll:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Fri 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Amy wrote:I hold my tongue a lot when it comes to students' behavior :shock: :roll:
That's a start... :shock:

Trust me, with all the a******s I've had the displeasure to see while being a CM, I'm surprised I didn't punch anyone (men, women and children!) in the face!!!
― Dr. Seuss

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Fri 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Mousekedude wrote:I would say it almost takes "inhuman" strength and qualities to be a C.M. and still maintain your composure in the face of the daily onslaught of strange humanity you have to face! :shock:
I agree; there have been times I've wanted to rip the heads off the idiot guests from nearly causing detrimental harm, it has made me wonder how CM's can deal with idiot guests day in and day out...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Mar Fri 18, 2011 10:41 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I agree; there have been times I've wanted to rip the heads off the idiot guests from nearly causing detrimental harm, it has made me wonder how CM's can deal with idiot guests day in and day out...
Because backstage and off work, you don't have to be the Disney image. You can do whatever you want when not working or backstage, just don't let a manager (or a CM who is a butt kisser) see you "venting" your frustrations. :wink:
― Dr. Seuss

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by TTA Traveler » Mar Tue 22, 2011 1:38 am

I'm not sure if this counts,

A few years ago and I had just gotten into the park. I made my way down Main Street and this street performer CM pulled me aside to dance with her. I didn't want to do it, but she was making a 'scene' and people were gathering around. :shock: I didn't have a choice, you see! But I told her I didn't know how to dance, and she just told me to follow her lead. She grabbed my hand and told me to put the other on her waist.. the following ten seconds or so (what seemed) was me fumbling to find her waist (I'm rather tall and she was short). Embarrassing!

Looking back on it this was a funny moment and everyone was laughing. But I'm an awkward, shy guy who hates attention.. :oops:
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

Tigger Fan

Post by Tigger Fan » Mar Thu 31, 2011 10:00 am

Anyone who has ever worked in a customer based job knows that customers(or Disney guest's if you prefer) are not human.
My Mickey Ears off to all the cast members at all the Disney Parks because I have been in their shoes (just not as a cast member) before.