Worst Cast Member Experience?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Worst Cast Member Experience?

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 07, 2011 3:13 am

If I ever even had a bad cast membere experience I would have forgotten it on purpose especially at DL I mean the happiest place on earth and I BELIEVE IT!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Aug Fri 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I had a terrible experience once. A cast member portraying Malefecent took the form of a dragon and began blowing fire over the rivers. I was so scared I ran away and didnt stop till I hit town hall where I promptly filed a complaint. Turns out it was part of a show and boy howdy was I embarrassed.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Fri 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Saw a cast member working at the Haunted Mansion smile.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Aug Fri 10, 2012 7:19 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Saw a cast member working at the Haunted Mansion smile.
See, that's wrong; you should have reported that CM and demanded their immediate transfer to Small World; bet a week of that would get their Haunted Mansion face on :mrgreen:
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:14 pm

darthblixt wrote:I had a terrible experience once. A cast member portraying Malefecent took the form of a dragon and began blowing fire over the rivers. I was so scared I ran away and didnt stop till I hit town hall where I promptly filed a complaint. Turns out it was part of a show and boy howdy was I embarrassed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DisneySpin wrote:
See, that's wrong; you should have reported that CM and demanded their immediate transfer to Small World; bet a week of that would get their Haunted Mansion face on :mrgreen:
:lol: I don't think they want them to look like Grumpy :shock: ;)

DisneySpin

Post by DisneySpin » Aug Fri 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Amy wrote:
DisneySpin wrote:
:lol: I don't think they want them to look like Grumpy :shock: ;)
Oh, see, I was going for the twitching, mildly psychotic look, that'll unnerve the HM guests! :lol:
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Perryp2007
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Perryp2007 » Aug Sat 11, 2012 8:03 pm

I remember when being a cast member at Haunted Mansion, when i started one would clock in at the cast member gate.....but then they switched it, we had to clock in at the Mansion itself. Now the problem was that when we clocked in at the gate, we would go change into your costume and then we had to trek across the park to where Mansion was....we would be stopped a lot of guest asking questions and directions, which I never minded helping a guest, in fact I enjoyed it.....but when they switched it to the Mansion, we couldn't help guests at all because if we were late more then twice we could lose our job......it really made it worse. I hated telling guests I'm sorry I can't help you at this time. It felt so much like a rude money making conglomerate then a resort made especially for the guests. So don't get mad at all the cast members sometimes we had to do what we had to just to keep our jobs.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sat 11, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm actually surprised (well, only partially) that they would do a douche move like that. Yes, they aren't paying for people to not do the specific job they were hired for but at the same time when you're in the uniform and all that, you are doing their work.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Mon 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I had a cm who was rude to my daughter when she politely waited patiently to ask where something was in the Emporium.That upset me,being rude to an adult is one thing but being rude to a child...not good! My daughter was upset because it spoiled the magic for her that day,all she wanted to know was if they had a certain Minnie Mouse she wanted.