Disneyland Cravings!

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disneyland Cravings!

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 12, 2010 2:44 am

Have you ever tried making the sandwich at home? They put the instructions into disney magazine ages ago.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Nope, never got around to trying it out on my own. I may look up the instructions and see if my mom wants to try it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 12, 2010 1:11 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Nope, never got around to trying it out on my own. I may look up the instructions and see if my mom wants to try it.
I think this might be a treat best left for every once in a blue moon at the parks. These sandwiches are not exactly health food :shock: :lol:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Nope, never got around to trying it out on my own. I may look up the instructions and see if my mom wants to try it.
I think this might be a treat best left for every once in a blue moon at the parks. These sandwiches are not exactly health food :shock: :lol:
Which is why we don't get them often. :lol: :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Fri 12, 2010 3:37 pm

I never had the desire to make it at home. It simply wouldn't turn out the same. To me, a Monte Cristo is a special treat at the park...we don't always get one when we go and sometimes we even split it. But now that they have the three cheese sandwich as well as the traditional one, it makes for a tough decision!

Life's full of tough choices, innit?

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Nov Sun 28, 2010 9:59 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I never had the desire to make it at home. It simply wouldn't turn out the same. To me, a Monte Cristo is a special treat at the park...we don't always get one when we go and sometimes we even split it. But now that they have the three cheese sandwich as well as the traditional one, it makes for a tough decision!

Life's full of tough choices, innit?
No. Methinks some things should never be made with a vegetarian version. There will always be only one Monte Cristo sandwich... and it's totally treif. :lol:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Sun 28, 2010 11:51 pm

To me, the only fried veggies are classified as tempura.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 07, 2011 2:52 am

Its not food but just the smell of the cave when you first start the BTMRR. My friends here in WA think im crazy but the magic of Disney comes in all shapes and forms :D :D
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Thu 07, 2011 2:47 pm

I used to crave the fried chicken at French Market with a side of veggies soaked in butter.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:18 am

There are 4 things that I only crave when in Disneyland, and no where else. 1. - Smoked Turkey Leg, 2. - Dole Whip, 3 - Giant Dill Pickle, 4. - Corn Dog. Can't wait to have them all again!

FrogsAreAwesome
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by FrogsAreAwesome » May Mon 23, 2011 11:43 am

I love Dole Whips so so so much. And now I want one. Really badly.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 23, 2011 1:05 pm

proudcanuck wrote:There are 4 things that I only crave when in Disneyland, and no where else. 1. - Smoked Turkey Leg, 2. - Dole Whip, 3 - Giant Dill Pickle, 4. - Corn Dog. Can't wait to have them all again!
MMMM...giant dill pickle....I haven't had one of those in a really long time! Then again, I'm afraid to get one at the park anymore. Hubby went on a wild goose chase to get me one once and I don't think I'll ever live it down... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 23, 2011 1:49 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
proudcanuck wrote:There are 4 things that I only crave when in Disneyland, and no where else. 1. - Smoked Turkey Leg, 2. - Dole Whip, 3 - Giant Dill Pickle, 4. - Corn Dog. Can't wait to have them all again!
MMMM...giant dill pickle....I haven't had one of those in a really long time! Then again, I'm afraid to get one at the park anymore. Hubby went on a wild goose chase to get me one once and I don't think I'll ever live it down... :lol:
Did he find it?! :shock:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Did he find it?! :shock:
Eventually, yes. See, I was saving our spot for Fantasmic! since hubby had never experienced the show from the front row. (yes, I know, it's not the best view and you do get a bit wet, but it should be experienced at least once, don't you think? :) ) He offered to go get me a pickle while I waited in our spot. We knew there was a small cart that sold fruit, pickles and other "healthier"snacks located just across from Splash Mountain. Unbeknownst to us, it was not open that day so after he walked over there, instead of coming back and telling me they didn't have them, he journeyed over to Adventureland...no pickles. He went basically all over the park to find me a pickle. I can't even remember where he ended up getting it from. It's funny to think about now, but I felt so badly then! :oops: But he was sweet enough to find one for me!!! :mrgreen:
(what I didn't mention was that I ended up sharing some of the pickle with a few ducks looking for handouts... :roll: Hence, the reason why I'll never live it down :oops: )

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I got my Mardi Gras chicken sandwich and pomme frites yesterday at Cafe Orleans. That chicken sandwich is pretty good!