The Worst Line... (Longest!!!)

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

pumpkinhead
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by pumpkinhead » Sep Thu 27, 2007 10:40 pm

csquare77 wrote:All the lines in Fantasy Land are horrible.
True, parents need to make a treck out to the westside of the park to a great kids ride called "The Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". Kids like the ride more than most of the ones in Fantasyland but there is never more than a 5 minute wait because it is out in the boonies.

Peter pan will never have a short line, their hourly capacity is so low compared to how many people want to go on it. Same with the Subs, the ride can only handle 400 an hour making the line very long.

BUT: What is with the SUB queue, or lack there of. With all the money they put into the revamp I think WDI could have put some investment into a tidepool themed queue that gave audiences something to look at the 2 hours they are waiting to get onto the ride.

Thoughts?

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Fri 28, 2007 10:07 am

The tide pool theme for the queue is a great idea, although I did like seeing the original plants and planters for nostalgias sake. It might be difficult to create an interactive queue though, due to the space issues between Subs, Tomorrowland Terrace and Matterhorn, etc. But that's a great idea and would be interesting to see if there were ever plans to do something cool like that with the area.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Sep Fri 28, 2007 2:04 pm

I hate waiting in line for the Astro Orbiters, it seems like that line just drags on....
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Fri 28, 2007 2:48 pm

I change my opinion after being in Disneyland only a few weeks ago and seeing the line for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage... That line was ridiculous. The whole day the beginning line started close to the Matterhorn entrance.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Sep Fri 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Is Nemo open for early entry? Wait, is there still early entry at Disneyland for hotel guests?

Sounds like the queue is terrible. I wish they would have put in Fastpass!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

pumpkinhead

Post by pumpkinhead » Sep Fri 28, 2007 3:30 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Is Nemo open for early entry? Wait, is there still early entry at Disneyland for hotel guests?

You will never see a Fastpass on the Sub Ride. The hourly capacity is so low that adding a fast pass would make the standby time SUBstatially larger ;)
That would be a guest control nightmare.

Expand the queue into the area occupied by the hot dog hut across from the matterhorn and give the crowds something to look at.

An interesting trend Imagineering might look to doing are interactive queues like the one installed at Soarin' at Epcot.
Maybe some sort of tide pool with a rear projected screen at the bottom with fish and little critters at react to where you dip your hand in...
mmm... sanitary .... Anyways, each litttle pool could have different characters from the ride doing some of their signature gags.

Something else I noticed, besides Star Tours it seems that all the queues in tomorrowland are ubearably dull... Is this what the "future" holds for us?

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Fri 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Is Nemo open for early entry? Wait, is there still early entry at Disneyland for hotel guests?

There is still early entry, except that it is now extended to both Disney hotels and good neighbor hotels. When I went on this past Monday for early entry, it seemed that about half of the people that were in the park for the day were there for early entry. Unfortunately, I think that everyone has the same idea and rushes to Nemo during Early Entry, so unless you're one of the first, it's going to be the two hour plus line.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Sep Sat 29, 2007 1:58 am

From our experience this summer, if you want a shorter wait go right before closing. We did this in July and only had a 30 minute wait. As long as your in line before closing they will let you on the ride.

disneyland2006
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by disneyland2006 » Nov Fri 30, 2007 12:53 am

in DCA, definitely Soarin' California
in DLR, Indiana Jones

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Nov Fri 30, 2007 2:44 am

Seems like Disneyland could do what Universal Orlando does...if you stay at one of the on-site hotels, your room key is a free go-to-the-head-of-the-line pass that lasts for your entire trip. Technically, I think you're only supposed to be able to use it once per day per attraction, but they typically don't bother with this detail when it's not very crowded. You can also buy this pass if you aren't staying on-site, I believe, but it's relatively expensive.

I'll never stay off-site again.

I doubt they could pull that off at WDW, since there are so many hotel rooms. Maybe they could do it only for the deluxe hotels, at the risk of protests for creating a class system.

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Nov Fri 30, 2007 9:54 am

disneyland2006 wrote:in DCA, definitely Soarin' California
in DLR, Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones ride did not have much of a line the whole day I was at DL. I did not make it over to DCA to see Soarin.

jumrungle
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by jumrungle » Nov Fri 30, 2007 4:00 pm

I'm sure this has been said a zillion times by now, but Peter Pan is the worst. No doubt at all. I've never walked on that ride in my life.

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Feb Wed 13, 2008 3:21 am

A couple of long line scenarios from my experience...

Soarin' Over California - 90 minutes - Soarin' Over CA is one of my top three favorite rides in Disneydom, but even I wouldn't do it at 90. However, I was with longtime friends who hadn't been on it and knew they wouldn't be able to come back for a long time after and FastPass was out. This holds the record for longest line I've waited in.

Sun Wheel - 40 minutes - Man, is thing a SLOW loader or what? Fun ride, terrible wait.

Peter Pan - multiple times over 40. You know Peter Pan is bad when...the Thunder Mountain CM at WDW pokes fun at you for having a FastPass to Peter and you say, "Clearly, you've never seen the lines for California's version. We'd kill for FastPass on that thing!"

Indiana Jones - one time nearly got the record of 90 due to a breakdown, but it fell just short.

Mulholland Madness and Splash Mountain are other repeat offenders.
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Wed 13, 2008 5:52 am

Lately it's been the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage since it's still new. Space Mountain and Splash Mountain usually have long lines.

At DCA it's definitely Soarin' Over California. Mullholland Madness is pretty crazy, too.

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Feb Wed 13, 2008 9:52 am

When we went to DL in 2005, I about DIED having to wait in a 30 minute line at POTC. The other one was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Who knew? We FP Indiana Jones and I remember walking through the queue thinking it must be the longest line I've ever seen!! Anyway, I have a rule (granted, it was created for WDW): if I can't FP it and the line is more than 30 minutes, then I skip it and come back later. I guess that means no attraction is worth the wait? No, that can't be it. Must be that I am just too impatient?