Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » May Wed 02, 2007 9:19 am

Before Fastpass it was always pretty bad

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Wed 02, 2007 10:37 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:I wonder what the "official" longest line that Disney has ever created is. As in the distance from the actual queue entrance to the point where you board the ride. Anyone have any info on that?
While I don't know for sure, I gotta figure Indiana Jones Adventure is up there... even if you don't count the switchbacks in the "jungle" area, and just start counting from the ramp up to the temple...

WDW's Pirates has a long walk to get to the ride as well... so does Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Last edited by spaulo on Aug Sat 18, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Steve

ldzny
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by ldzny » May Thu 03, 2007 5:27 pm

The little coffee trolly in the plaza is pretty bad in the morning... They need more coffee shops! Actually when we were there at Christmas all the dining options in the morning were really busy. Nothing worse than waiting in line when you are hungry...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt your what?" ~ Tow Mater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Fri 10, 2007 5:20 pm

I'd have to agree with what a lot of posted about Peter Pan being consistently long. It is a great ride though, and I am always happy to see that there's a long line. I like thinking that there are parents going on the ride with their kids for the first time and introducing the next generation to the ride and movie. My parents still tell me stories about how my eyes got really wide when I flew over London the first time when I was a baby. Also, the queue line music is awesome (and Treasured).
I remember when Indy first opened, and the line went through all of the regular queue, across Adventureland, into Frontierland, zigzaged in the main Frontierland plaza, and started up by where Big Thunder's exit. Truly the longest line I have ever seen. Luckily, my family would hit the ride about 30 minutes before closing, and the line was only half an hour. :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 11, 2007 1:15 pm

It always feel like the rides in Fantasyland (WDW) have the longest ques. It could be because you are in the sun for so long.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Aug Sun 12, 2007 1:17 am

When we were there last week, the longest line we waited in was for Splash and that was only listed at 50 min. But I would say that is nowhere near the worst queue. For me, that is reserved for the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The length of the line itself wasn't too bad, it was the constant feeling of being claustrophobic. Factor in the midday sun shining directly overhead and you're left with a very bad setup. It'll take a lot to get me in that queue again.
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Sun 12, 2007 12:21 pm

The last time we went was in 2005 and the longest line we waited in was Peter Pan. We waited at least 45 minutes, which at the time, seemed insane for a Fantasyland ride. But my kids had never been on it before and I had forgotten how great it is so it was worth it.

I do remember when Indy opened but I only remember the line reaching the Tiki Room. I remember standing in that line with my little portable spray bottle fan trying to stay cool. But once we got inside it was much cooler and at least we had stuff to look at. :mickey:

disneypinnut
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by disneypinnut » Aug Sun 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Dumbo always has a long line. I am always amazed at the wait for this classic ride.
[b][i][color=darkblue]All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.[/color][/i][/b][b]- Walt Disney[/b]

[img]http://shuttleworthusa.com/images/magic%20kingdom%20at%20night%20small.jpg[/img]

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Aug Mon 13, 2007 12:07 am

Well, this thread was started long before the Nemo subs opened, but for me, that takes the cake. I've been to DLR twice since it's opened to the general public and the line for that ride is SCARY. Easily 2-3 hours long and with really nothing to look at besides the poor saps in line for the Matterhorn. lol. Well, at least waiting for the seagulls to start crying out "MINE!" is amusing enough. And if there's a band playing in that square (the name escapes me), I guess that could help pass the time. My advice? If you've got the time to sleep in the next day, don't bother getting into line for this one until just before park closing and you just might get away with waiting for under an hour!

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Aug Fri 17, 2007 3:37 pm

RiaLucia wrote:Well, this thread was started long before the Nemo subs opened, but for me, that takes the cake. I've been to DLR twice since it's opened to the general public and the line for that ride is SCARY. Easily 2-3 hours long and with really nothing to look at besides the poor saps in line for the Matterhorn. lol. Well, at least waiting for the seagulls to start crying out "MINE!" is amusing enough. And if there's a band playing in that square (the name escapes me), I guess that could help pass the time. My advice? If you've got the time to sleep in the next day, don't bother getting into line for this one until just before park closing and you just might get away with waiting for under an hour!
YUP!! This is by far the longest line in the park right now. When I went last, I waited 1hr and 45mins. Either be one of the first 500 people that get in the park or wait until the end of the day. The best part about waiting until the end is you dont have to be in the sun all day!

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Aug Fri 17, 2007 8:26 pm

bvillalta wrote: YUP!! This is by far the longest line in the park right now. When I went last, I waited 1hr and 45mins. Either be one of the first 500 people that get in the park or wait until the end of the day. The best part about waiting until the end is you dont have to be in the sun all day!
Exactly. And that's what I did--went at the very end of the day at about 11:45 and my friend and I waited for only about 40 minutes. It was the longest wait we had for anything all day.

tigntot
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by tigntot » Aug Fri 17, 2007 11:44 pm

whats disneyland without lines? at least thats what i kept telling myself this past july when myself my hubby and our three kids went. we went on a tues thru thurs and the crowds were quite well behaved i must say. however, splash mountain was crazy, the first nite we actually waited for over an hour for that ride, then proceeded to get wetter than we ever have gotten, they MUST have just refilled the water supply, thats all i can say! after that we just loaded up on the fast passes. but peter pan was not to be bargained with. its just the kid in me that kept calling me towards that ride, telling me that all the time and money spent on this trip would be for nothing if i didnt stand in line and wait for it, so, i did, and i drug my youngest child with me! hee hee ho ho! and it was WORTH IT :lol: oh i LOVE still being a kid at 41! have an awesome nite, all!!
Miss Tina =)

blinkereye123
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by blinkereye123 » Aug Wed 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey there. Myself personally I've always thought, and still do, think that Space Mountain has/had the longest line in Tomorrowland at least. Maybe it doesn't seem long once you're up top and the switchbacks are so close together but if you really take into account the narrowness once you're inside, not to mention the somewhat harrowing catwalk section you tend to to realize why the "chicken exits" have more than one function. The last time I went they were having their preview openings in 2005 so the line was actually extended into the Space Place area, (the restaurant itself was closed, no surprise), so that added even more trepidation to the queue. I've always felt that if they would at least cover the top area from the sun it would be a little more bearable, especially in the summer. Well, that's my two cents, peace.

DisneyChris
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by DisneyChris » Sep Sat 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Halvogirl wrote:I hate the wait for space mountain, yes it is amazing and i love it dearly, but come on! Thank heaven for fastpass, but i do wish it had a single rider line. i asked a cast member once why it didn't have one, he said it was because people would buy the pictures and not want a stranger in it. i pointed out that splash had the same feature and a single line and he just starred at me.
What exactly is the single rider line and how does it work? How many attractions have this now? I wish they had that when I was an annual pass holder and still lived in CA>

abrcrmbegrl20

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » Sep Wed 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Peter Pan is ridiculous! I never ride that ride anymore. The line is just crazy. But my favorite ride is Splash Mountain and I get FastPass for it cause there is no way I'm waiting over 2 hours to ride it!