The Worst Line... (Longest!!!)

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Sep Thu 28, 2006 8:54 pm

subsonic wrote:
Halvogirl wrote:i asked a cast member once why it didn't have one, he said it was because people would buy the pictures and not want a stranger in it. i pointed out that splash had the same feature and a single line and he just starred at me.
It could be that on Space you'll be sitting next to someone as opposed to Splash where you're in front/behind them.
At WDW Splash Mtn is side-by-side seating, and Space Mtn is single file. 8)

All four lines are interesting, and I appreciate the time I get to spend with family and friends while waiting in these particularly long lines.

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Nov Tue 21, 2006 11:45 am

Oy. The first time I rode Splash Mountain was at WDW long before the days of FastPass. We stayed in that line for 2 hours and missed the parade AND fireworks. I was livid by the time we left and did not think it was worth it.

Since then, though, with the advent of Fast Pass, I've come to enjoy Splash. It's one of my favorites now, but I agree with others who don't care to wait more than 15-20 minutes standby and will only use a FP otherwise.

I'd have to say that the worst long lines to stand in are any attractions in Fantasyland. At both DLR and WDW they're uninteresting and cramped and usually teeming with restless little ones.

disneygirlygirl
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneygirlygirl » Mar Sun 25, 2007 6:44 am

I think the worst ride line I have ever experienced was when Indiana Jones opened....so at the beginning the outside queue didnt look so bad....then I thought I was gettin close when I entered into the first building..boy was I ever wrong. I have never twisted and tuned down so many caves, caverns, dig site and a movie hall to find out that around the next corner was another mile of waiting. *Sigh* Just thinking about this line makes me tired :?
I do have to say though I remember those little decoder cards they gave out at opening which were fun to do until you realized that you could read the inscriptions on the walls without the card...Boo...but I give credit for the thought :mickey:
I wanna go to Disneyland!!

XOXO - Disney Girly Girl

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Thu 29, 2007 7:44 pm

Did DL last Saturday and did the longest wait I ever had for Space Mountain: 80 minutes. Whoa. And this from a guy that used to go to DL multiple times/week when I lived in socal. It was a big test of patience but the person I was with had never been there and the Fast Passes were gone.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

treebeliever
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by treebeliever » Mar Sat 31, 2007 3:31 pm

I guess the worst ones are the ones you do on your own. I would never do Indiana Jones at Disneyland though, unless I have a FastPass. While it has a great queue area, the fact that you still have to line up outside the temple is really insane, in my opinion.

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Breton » Apr Sun 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Yeah I would probably say the longest I have waited before in WDW is either for Space Mountain or for Splash Mountain 60-75 mins. Our family surprisingly enough has never used FASTPASS.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Apr Sun 08, 2007 11:40 pm

To this day my most vivid memory of the worst line was Big Thunder Mountain at WDW, I was stupidly in the stand by line which was moving by a snail's pace since much preference was given to FastPass users. I remember it took about 30 minutes outside to make it inside the building. Then when we finally made it inside the building we had about 30 mins go by before a perfect Florida summer downpour begins, by this time, my brother and I had waited long enough that we weren't going to back out on the ride now. Thanks to the rain, the standby line started moving as quickly as a FastPass line (thanks to no more FastPass'ers wanting to ride BTM in the heavy downpour). I remember getting utterly soaked, but still enjoying the ride, but that had to be the worst standy line I have ever waited in at a Disney Park, bar none!

/rant
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

realcal
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by realcal » Apr Tue 10, 2007 10:24 pm

Storybook Land by far is the longest wait for the pay-off! We finally waited so that our daughters would quit wondering what it was all about. They no longer ask to wait for that attraction. Whewwwww!
A very merry unbirthday to you!

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Wed 18, 2007 9:25 pm

Clear out to the hub? I was there the second week IJA was open... the line went pas the Jungle Cruise through Adventureland, out to the hub, curled back in to Frontierland, went past Big Thunder Mountain, and halfway up the walkway to Fantasyland.

And yet we waited. 3 and a half hours. Great ride, though.
~Steve

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Thu 19, 2007 9:50 am

I was just searching through my DL 50th pics and I was reminded of the line to get in in the morning. That thing was huge!!!! I know it was a once in a long, long while that it happens but it was still the longest line I have ever seen for a Disney. It snaked all throughout DCA. I mean seriously, 25,000-30,000 people in line to get into DL. I got in line at about 3:00am because I had to fly in and drive from LA to Anaheim. I would do it again if I could, maybe when MK turns 50......Anybody want to join me?????
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Thu 19, 2007 9:52 am

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:I was just searching through my DL 50th pics and I was reminded of the line to get in in the morning. That thing was huge!!!! I know it was a once in a long, long while that it happens but it was still the longest line I have ever seen for a Disney. It snaked all throughout DCA. I mean seriously, 25,000-30,000 people in line to get into DL. I got in line at about 3:00am because I had to fly in and drive from LA to Anaheim. I would do it again if I could, maybe when MK turns 50......Anybody want to join me?????
I'm in!
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

realcal

Post by realcal » Apr Thu 19, 2007 10:03 am

disneygirlygirl wrote:I think the worst ride line I have ever experienced was when Indiana Jones opened....so at the beginning the outside queue didnt look so bad....then I thought I was gettin close when I entered into the first building..boy was I ever wrong. I have never twisted and tuned down so many caves, caverns, dig site and a movie hall to find out that around the next corner was another mile of waiting. *Sigh* Just thinking about this line makes me tired :?
I do have to say though I remember those little decoder cards they gave out at opening which were fun to do until you realized that you could read the inscriptions on the walls without the card...Boo...but I give credit for the thought :mickey:
We were there the week it opened and they had an extended queue line out near the Carnation Music area (before you get into Adventure Land). We waited for two hours, then the ride broke down, we decided to wait one more half hour. Once we were in the caverns, it broke down three more times. Four and a half hours in line for one ride. We were insane for waiting that long. We only rode five rides that day. OUCH!
A very merry unbirthday to you!

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Apr Sun 29, 2007 11:22 pm

I can remember when Indiana Jones opened up in 95! The line was ending up by the Enchanted Tiki room!!!!

Hathaway
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Hathaway » Apr Mon 30, 2007 11:33 pm

I remember mty first trip to DL as a pre teen and Star Tours had just opened. The line was crazy. All the way back down Main Street. My parents and family friends refused to wait in that line. It made me sad. Of course, I have now ridden it multiple times on both coasts, but when you are 10 and in love with Star Wars . . .

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Tue 01, 2007 2:03 pm

I wonder what the "official" longest line that Disney has ever created is. As in the distance from the actual queue entrance to the point where you board the ride. Anyone have any info on that?