The Worst Line... (Longest!!!)

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

The Worst Line... (Longest!!!)

Post by Just Believe » Sep Tue 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Now I think we can all agree that no matter what Peter Pan will NEVER :shock: have a short line, making it one of the longest lines at Disneyland Park. Although the E-Ticket rides do get really bad like, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, sometimes Splash Mountain and how about Pirates? Is that become a long line now due to the rennovation? Anyways FEEDBACK PLEASE?
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Sep Tue 05, 2006 10:28 pm

As far as long line to poor payoff goes, I'd say gadget's go coaster. Don't forget about Alice in Wonderland, that line is weaksauce too.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Wed 06, 2006 10:51 am

On the flipside, there's this thread as well:
Which attraction is worth waiting hours for?
viewtopic.php?t=1664

I think Dumbo has the least payout. That line is always long as well and all you do is go in circles at a low height. Bring back Rocket Jets!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 06, 2006 10:55 am

I love Peter Pan, LOVE IT.

But I won't wait more than 15-20 minutes for it, no way. Always do it first thing in the morning before lines get long.

The line that always amazes me is Splash Mountain. Within an hour of the park opening on anything remotely looking like a warm day (i.e. like 75% of the year) the line hits 60-70 minutes and goes up from there. I love Splash Mountain, but I gotta be honest... if it weren't for FastPass, I may never ride it!
~Steve

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Thu 07, 2006 1:18 pm

All the lines in Fantasy Land are horrible.

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Not worth it

Post by soccermouse » Sep Fri 08, 2006 2:53 pm

Mulholland's Madness is a long line to ride a ride you can find at any second-rate amusement park. At least you are rewarded for the wait with most of the lines in Disneyland.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Sep Sat 23, 2006 3:50 pm

It's a Small World has the worst line scenery and involement ever! It's nothing but bushes and a march around the clock every 15 minutes. And then the ride itself is pretty repetative! That would have to be the worst for me personally.
I do stuff sometimes.

Cutie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: Not worth it

Post by Cutie » Sep Sun 24, 2006 6:27 pm

soccermouse wrote:Mulholland's Madness is a long line to ride a ride you can find at any second-rate amusement park. At least you are rewarded for the wait with most of the lines in Disneyland.
I agree totally! For me this was the worst ride I went on. Constantly being thrown around corners while you are squeezed into one of those tiny awful cars with another adult (my boyfriend is 6"4), and having my knees & legs squashed is really not my idea of fun at all. We were so glad when it was eventually over & we coud get off the ride. Strangely enough though, there were more adults in the line than children. Im sure we werent the only ones who left in pain.
I cant imagine that ride would be fun even if you had the whole thing to yourself. Im sure its a lot of fun for the kids though......I guess :?

I always find that Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Indiana Jones always have huge lines. I usually try to hit those up as soon as the park opens though, then later on I just get a fast pass for them.

I waited in Line for Indiana back in May of this year for about an 1.5 hrs, Nobody seemed to be moving at all and we were stuck in those tunnels for ages. When we did eventually get right inside to where we were almost on the ride, they then told us there were some technical problems and the ride would now be closed, lol. This was why it was taking so long in the line because they had to keep stopping the ride for various reasons. We were given some tickets though to use as fast passes on any rides for that same day which was kinda cool. I know these things happen and its nobody's fault really, but some people were getting so angry and abusive towards the cast members as if its the end of the world or something. I just thought "Wow just chill out a bit"
:roll:
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/cutie-awe/Winnie_sparkle.gif[/img]

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » Sep Sun 24, 2006 6:56 pm

Are we talking present and past? If we can count past I would say Rocket Rods had one of the longest lines (even though it was one of my favorite rides). If I have to name a current one I'd say Splash Mountain. The only way I do that ride is with a short line (even though it is also one of my favorite rides).
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Mon 25, 2006 11:16 am

Nah, the only way to do Splash Mountain (and I mean ONLY) is with FastPass.
~Steve

soccermouse

Rocket Rods

Post by soccermouse » Sep Mon 25, 2006 1:36 pm

slotofkit wrote:Are we talking present and past? If we can count past I would say Rocket Rods had one of the longest lines (even though it was one of my favorite rides). If I have to name a current one I'd say Splash Mountain. The only way I do that ride is with a short line (even though it is also one of my favorite rides).
I waited for 1.5 hours once for Rocket Rods and was not all that impressed. I am glad, however, that I did it. That was the one and only time that it was actually running during my next 3 visits before they closed it for good.

slotofkit

Post by slotofkit » Sep Tue 26, 2006 12:34 pm

spaulo wrote:Nah, the only way to do Splash Mountain (and I mean ONLY) is with FastPass.
Don't forget about single rider! I use that one at times.
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Tue 26, 2006 1:17 pm

I'm never there in a situation where single rider makes sense... always in a big group of friends or family, or just with me and my fiancee, so it's not like we're gonna split up!
~Steve

Halvogirl

Post by Halvogirl » Sep Wed 27, 2006 2:13 pm

I hate the wait for space mountain, yes it is amazing and i love it dearly, but come on! Thank heaven for fastpass, but i do wish it had a single rider line. i asked a cast member once why it didn't have one, he said it was because people would buy the pictures and not want a stranger in it. i pointed out that splash had the same feature and a single line and he just starred at me.
Yes, this is my happy place! Well, when not in my happy place.

It's official, The family is visiting Disneyland in October!

http://www.halvomassage.com
http://www.facebook.com/halvomassage

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Thu 28, 2006 10:45 am

Halvogirl wrote:i asked a cast member once why it didn't have one, he said it was because people would buy the pictures and not want a stranger in it. i pointed out that splash had the same feature and a single line and he just starred at me.
It could be that on Space you'll be sitting next to someone as opposed to Splash where you're in front/behind them.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z