Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Post by momeja » May Sun 23, 2010 4:05 pm

elizabethswann wrote:That makes sense there, Len. It'd be easier to get things started after everyone goes back to school for the new year.
Okay, I'm breathing again, Miss Swann. The reason I've been voting for Capt. Rex in the current games is a kind of fond farewell to him. Even though I'm excited about the new ride, I'll miss having PeeWee scream, "Comets?! COMETS?!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Sun 23, 2010 6:04 pm

momeja wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:That makes sense there, Len. It'd be easier to get things started after everyone goes back to school for the new year.
Okay, I'm breathing again, Miss Swann. The reason I've been voting for Capt. Rex in the current games is a kind of fond farewell to him. Even though I'm excited about the new ride, I'll miss having PeeWee scream, "Comets?! COMETS?!"
Let's hope for your sake that they'll keep him around and ask PeeWee to do a new version of him!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Tue 06, 2010 3:38 am

Well, it's almost time for Star Tours to close and be upgraded. July 25 is the last day for everyone to take a lightspeed trip to Endor before they close it down until May of 2011 for upgrades. Anyone making plans to go on it before it closes?

Here's also an article that came with the latest Micechat update on it: http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-bl ... ll-b-7178/

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 06, 2010 5:39 pm

We're making sure that we get to ride it a couple of times this week since it "could" be the last time....

I only say "could" because I just found out about a D23 event where members will take the last flight after the park closes. If we could possibly be lucky enough, we just might make the trip out for one last flight with Captain Rex. But we're planning that this week will be it for us :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 06, 2010 6:20 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We're making sure that we get to ride it a couple of times this week since it "could" be the last time....

I only say "could" because I just found out about a D23 event where members will take the last flight after the park closes. If we could possibly be lucky enough, we just might make the trip out for one last flight with Captain Rex. But we're planning that this week will be it for us :(
Wow, if you can make it to the D23 event, that would be neat! Do it for all of us who have D23 memberships but never can make it to events in Cali :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 07, 2010 2:23 am

Make sure you'll take plenty of photos in the process too!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 07, 2010 9:38 am

MmeLeota wrote:We're making sure that we get to ride it a couple of times this week since it "could" be the last time....

But isn't Chernabog40, your DH, a huge Star Wars fan? How could he pass up being there for Captain Rex's final flight? :shock: :? :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 07, 2010 1:37 pm

mindflipper wrote:

But isn't Chernabog40, your DH, a huge Star Wars fan? How could he pass up being there for Captain Rex's final flight? :shock: :? :wink:
Trust me, he had the same thought process as I did as soon as I told him about it. We're going to try for it...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Good luck with it, MmeLeota. I hope the two of you can get one final chance to see it!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 07, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm sure you've gotten this already, but here is a link to the D23 special events coming up...
http://d23.disney.go.com/expo.html
Monday 7/26 is the Star Tours Final Flight Event... from 10 pm to midnight... and it's free! :D
Ticket distribution starts 7/14 at 10 am PDT, and I imagine they will go quickly!

momeja

Post by momeja » Jul Tue 13, 2010 10:33 am

Mme. L., if I lived in So. Cal, I would absolutely keep my D23 membership because there's so much you could do with it. (mine was birthday present from DH but I'm not renewing it because it's so much money and all we can get is the mag.) This event sounds great! Please report back if you go.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 13, 2010 9:15 pm

We made sure to go on it twice two weeks ago when we were in DHS. I also made sure to take lots of pictures of the queue and whole area as we made our final trip to Endor.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 19, 2010 9:57 pm

I wish we lived in SoCal, however we don't. We were willing to drive 4 hours just for the event.

The 14th came and I was ready to go...you had to send an email with certain information (membership #, name, guest name...etc) at exactly 10am. So I did...I had a time stamp of 10:04 (that's because I didn't know ahead of time that this was going to be an email thing, or else I would have been prepared). About 30 seconds later, I got an automatic response saying that the message couldn't be delivered. After a few minutes of panic, I saw that they had technical difficulties with the email so they were going to re-do the tickets the next day.

This time I was ready...email set up and just waiting for the email address (figuring it would be a different address to prevent anyone from cheating). I went to the site about 5 minutes til 10 to be ready to open the page at 10 for the email address. But guess what??? No address!!!! I refreshed the page...nothing!!! I went out of the page and back in...no email address!!! I refreshed again and saw that the site had been updated with "This event is sold out". NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Apparently the address must not have been located in the same place as the day before and I just didn't see it, as obviously others were able to get in.

I'll never know if the address was the same or not, but I'm wishing that I had sent it anyway to the address from the previous day...maybe we would have had a chance. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...it wasn't meant for us to go.

So, Tuesday was our last flight with our dear friend Capt. Rex. We got some pics of the loading area and had gotten several pics of the queue area on our last trip so we're covered.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Tue 20, 2010 3:59 am

I'm glad to hear about your trip reports! I won't be able to go on the ride before my birthday since it's in August but I wish I were able to take my stepdad so he could experience it one more time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 20, 2010 5:54 am

MmeLeota wrote:I wish we lived in SoCal, however we don't. We were willing to drive 4 hours just for the event.

The 14th came and I was ready to go...you had to send an email with certain information (membership #, name, guest name...etc) at exactly 10am. So I did...I had a time stamp of 10:04 (that's because I didn't know ahead of time that this was going to be an email thing, or else I would have been prepared). About 30 seconds later, I got an automatic response saying that the message couldn't be delivered. After a few minutes of panic, I saw that they had technical difficulties with the email so they were going to re-do the tickets the next day.

This time I was ready...email set up and just waiting for the email address (figuring it would be a different address to prevent anyone from cheating). I went to the site about 5 minutes til 10 to be ready to open the page at 10 for the email address. But guess what??? No address!!!! I refreshed the page...nothing!!! I went out of the page and back in...no email address!!! I refreshed again and saw that the site had been updated with "This event is sold out". NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Apparently the address must not have been located in the same place as the day before and I just didn't see it, as obviously others were able to get in.

I'll never know if the address was the same or not, but I'm wishing that I had sent it anyway to the address from the previous day...maybe we would have had a chance. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20...it wasn't meant for us to go.

So, Tuesday was our last flight with our dear friend Capt. Rex. We got some pics of the loading area and had gotten several pics of the queue area on our last trip so we're covered.
Oh, that is too bad MmeLeota! I know you were hoping to get there for that event. :(
At least you got to ride it here close to the end though :D and take some pictures for memories...