Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 17, 2010 9:30 pm

MadEye wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Honestly, I think it's odd that they are planning to start the work on July 27th as that is a Tuesday, rather than have the 25th as the last day and start working on it on Monday the 26th.

*shrug* but who am I to say anything???? I'm just following Disney's usual pattern of "begin refurb on a Monday, open again on a Friday"
They shut down Rock N Rollercoaster at WDW on Saturday for a 5 day refurb...
Interesting....

Well the Monday/Friday thing was the pattern I noticed at DL for several years, but I have noticed irregularities lately...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 18, 2010 12:42 am

I thought Star Tours should run throughout most of the summer. I was believing both would be (WDW and DL) set to close following the farewell party on Aug. 14 2010 in WDW. However, I guess Disney wants to make the party that much more meaningful or they just want to open it up in DL before WDW.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Tue 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Len90 wrote:I thought Star Tours should run throughout most of the summer. I was believing both would be (WDW and DL) set to close following the farewell party on Aug. 14 2010 in WDW. However, I guess Disney wants to make the party that much more meaningful or they just want to open it up in DL before WDW.
WDW's the only one I know that does the Star Wars weekends so it'd make sense that they'd close the DLR one earlier. As for the WDW, I think they may stay with their October date unless they decide to change it.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Wed 19, 2010 12:13 am

elizabethswann wrote:
Len90 wrote:I thought Star Tours should run throughout most of the summer. I was believing both would be (WDW and DL) set to close following the farewell party on Aug. 14 2010 in WDW. However, I guess Disney wants to make the party that much more meaningful or they just want to open it up in DL before WDW.
WDW's the only one I know that does the Star Wars weekends so it'd make sense that they'd close the DLR one earlier. As for the WDW, I think they may stay with their October date unless they decide to change it.
I am really thinking that will be moved up to coincide with the farewell party. They aren't going to want to leave the attraction open for a good two months following the farewell party. It would really make it seem useless to have that event in the first place.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 19, 2010 9:22 am

Star Tours in WDW will close in connection with a Star Wars convention in Orlando. Big party, separate ticket admission (of course). I've seen details about on the web. From the mouseplanet website:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9248/Walt_Di ... date#endor

Correction: according to the most recent update to mouseplanet, Star Tours in WDW will close Sept. 08, so it should be open most of the summer:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9254/Walt_Di ... #startours

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Wed 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I had a feeling it'd close after the summer. Thanks for the update!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 19, 2010 8:32 pm

mindflipper wrote:Star Tours in WDW will close in connection with a Star Wars convention in Orlando. Big party, separate ticket admission (of course). I've seen details about on the web. From the mouseplanet website:

Wow, $75! Guess it was a good thing I wasn't hoping to go to this!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Yep, it's a pricey, but what do you expect the Mouse Empire? Maybe we need to send in some rebel reinforcements to knock the price down...

Image Image Image

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Wed 19, 2010 11:31 pm

Good idea, mindflipper. Let's recruit a bunch of people to make this happen.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Thu 20, 2010 1:21 pm

MadEye wrote:
They are going to close it after the Star Wars Celebration V convention in Orlando. They have a hard-ticket party to say goodbye to Star Tours 1.0 as part of the convention in August.
I'm hoping they'll keep it open a bit longer after that. 2 reasons: 1. it's rumoured they'll be closing TSMM for a couple of weeks at the end of August. That park needs at least one kids ride open at all times. 2. we'll be there Aug. 22-28. I want to wave goodbye to Capt. Rex! :cry:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Have you checked the WDW home page to see what rides will be down around that time? It would help clear up the rumor on TSMM being closed!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Also, check mouseplanet.com. They have a weekly WDW update that also lists which attractions will be closed and when.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Oh, I forgot about that! Thanks for that mention!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Fri 21, 2010 12:04 am

mindflipper wrote:Star Tours in WDW will close in connection with a Star Wars convention in Orlando. Big party, separate ticket admission (of course). I've seen details about on the web. From the mouseplanet website:

Correction: according to the most recent update to mouseplanet, Star Tours in WDW will close Sept. 08, so it should be open most of the summer:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9254/Walt_Di ... #startours
Okay that makes sense. They will close it down after labor day. I guess they really want to make sure it goes through to the end of the busy season.
- Len90

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Fri 21, 2010 1:54 am

That makes sense there, Len. It'd be easier to get things started after everyone goes back to school for the new year.