Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 9:56 am

:lol: :lol: Good one, 99soulz!!! :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, I've always liked that name. One day if I have a son, it would be one of my top 5 names to choose. Welcome to the Forum, Luke!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Considering it's going to be closed for less than a year, I can't imagine them changing everything. (it took over 2 years to redo the track for Space Mountain)

I love the "tour" idea and hope that they are not going to focus specifically on pod racing. I too would be very disappointed.

It would be awesome to visit all the places on the posters in the exit...always wanted to go to Hoth :)

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Oct Sat 31, 2009 10:25 am

mindflipper wrote::lol: :lol: Good one, 99soulz!!! :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, I've always liked that name. One day if I have a son, it would be one of my top 5 names to choose. Welcome to the Forum, Luke!!!
I always liked that name for a boy too. We had 2 girls so it never came into play.

kschn3671
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by kschn3671 » Oct Sat 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Im sure they didnt spend all this money to then get rid of it

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 06, 2010 4:52 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... dor-party/

They are finally going to close both the Star Tours in Disneyland and Hollywood Studios in October 2010 and it will reopen sometime in 2011.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Thu 06, 2010 5:05 pm

It will be both saddening and exciting for this. I honestly think the new Star Tours will be open before summer time. It will be nice to have the attraction lifted out of the 1980's. However, it is going to be saddening to see what has IMO become a classic go away. I really enjoy going to Endor!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 06, 2010 5:21 pm

I don't care who loves it or hates it...I am totally gonna miss flights to Endor!

I really wish we could go to this event! DH would have a cow!!! :shock:

elizabethswann

Re: Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, looks like they're going to close the Star Tours in DLR sooner than intended. I found this on the latest Micechat update.

Disney announced last week that Star Tours in Disneyland will close July 27 to begin work on Star Tours 2, nearly three months earlier than its original October date.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Mon 17, 2010 3:31 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Well, looks like they're going to close the Star Tours in DLR sooner than intended. I found this on the latest Micechat update.

Disney announced last week that Star Tours in Disneyland will close July 27 to begin work on Star Tours 2, nearly three months earlier than its original October date.
I wouldn't doubt it if WDW closes theirs shortly after the Star Wars Weekends. It was a 5 minute wait this past weekend and the film just looks old and grainy. It needs the update.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 17, 2010 3:34 pm

NaCler wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Well, looks like they're going to close the Star Tours in DLR sooner than intended. I found this on the latest Micechat update.

I wouldn't doubt it if WDW closes theirs shortly after the Star Wars Weekends. It was a 5 minute wait this past weekend and the film just looks old and grainy. It needs the update.
It would make sense that they would close it after the Star Wars weekends. Don't want to ruin the fun.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Mon 17, 2010 5:37 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
NaCler wrote:

It would make sense that they would close it after the Star Wars weekends. Don't want to ruin the fun.
They are going to close it after the Star Wars Celebration V convention in Orlando. They have a hard-ticket party to say goodbye to Star Tours 1.0 as part of the convention in August.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 17, 2010 6:47 pm

MadEye wrote:They are going to close it after the Star Wars Celebration V convention in Orlando. They have a hard-ticket party to say goodbye to Star Tours 1.0 as part of the convention in August.
Are they charging extra for those tickets or is it part of the entrance fee for the parks and you need to request the tickets beforehand?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Mon 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I haven't heard yet. I hope not.
― Dr. Seuss

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Honestly, I think it's odd that they are planning to start the work on July 27th as that is a Tuesday, rather than have the 25th as the last day and start working on it on Monday the 26th.

*shrug* but who am I to say anything???? I'm just following Disney's usual pattern of "begin refurb on a Monday, open again on a Friday"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Mon 17, 2010 9:01 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Honestly, I think it's odd that they are planning to start the work on July 27th as that is a Tuesday, rather than have the 25th as the last day and start working on it on Monday the 26th.

*shrug* but who am I to say anything???? I'm just following Disney's usual pattern of "begin refurb on a Monday, open again on a Friday"
They shut down Rock N Rollercoaster at WDW on Saturday for a 5 day refurb...
― Dr. Seuss