Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Star Tours Going To Crash!?!?

Post by Just Believe » Aug Wed 09, 2006 6:27 pm

What's going ON??? If they are going to rebuild it why did they take away the Fastpass for it??? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STAR TOURS GOING TO CRASH!?!?

Post by subsonic » Aug Fri 11, 2006 1:24 pm

Just Believe wrote:What's going ON??? If they are going to rebuild it why did they take away the Fastpass for it??? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!
Where have you heard this?
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Aug Fri 11, 2006 1:50 pm

Lucas has apparently made comments about re-doing the Star Tours rides at both american parks.

As for taking out the FastPass... GOOD! Too many FastPass'd rides means longer standby lines EVERYWHERE! With FP, the standbys for a revamped ST would probably be 90-100 minutes long... this way, when they re-do it, you won't see past the 60-70 mins that most rides seem to top out at (because people tend to refuse to get into longer lines than that)
~Steve

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Aug Fri 11, 2006 1:56 pm

I think i'd wait in a 90 minute line for a revamped Star Tours around the time it first opens, but then it would be based on how good it was.

Star Wars 2.0 should have a nice new high def screen up front. Maybe some additional viewports since everything would be generated in 3D anyway.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Aug Fri 11, 2006 2:45 pm

I would love for it to be in 3D so we had to wear those glasses and feel like they are shooting real astro blasters at us =) or what ever you call those lazers. How funny would it be to hear a light sabre going by your ear and seeing it in 3D. Might be too much for the kiddo's though :D
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Aug Fri 11, 2006 3:10 pm

I wonder for star tours 2.0 if they would do something more like mission space, where there's fewer people in each vehicle and make it a bit more of a personal affair. Maybe make it feel like your actually flying one of the vehicles. That would be pretty neat.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

robwhite

Post by robwhite » Aug Sun 13, 2006 7:30 pm

yeah right!!!! Star Tours is a hit!They probably did some updating or something! :mickey2:

wess_80
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by wess_80 » Aug Tue 22, 2006 7:04 am

Just don't expect the remake of Star Tours before the new indy movie comes out... it's Lucas' major priority!!!

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » Aug Tue 22, 2006 11:17 am

So then it's going to be a while huh? Too bad, I would love them to do a newer, up to date Star Tours.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Aug Wed 23, 2006 4:05 pm

Ditto... the new Indy movie does make sense for stalling the production but I think Disney should at least advertise it in order to get the public really excited.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Aug Thu 24, 2006 12:09 pm

On my most recent visit a month ago, Star Tours was never over a 20 minute wait. I'm pro-FP, but Star Tours didn't need it and it shows.

As for when it gets updated, I hope that it pushes technology, like having cutting edge presentation and sound and give parkgoers a whole new meaning to the phrase "smooth flight to Endor" or wherever the Starspeeder heads to.
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Sat 26, 2006 11:16 am

indysoarin19 wrote:As for when it gets updated, I hope that it pushes technology, like having cutting edge presentation and sound and give parkgoers a whole new meaning to the phrase "smooth flight to Endor" or wherever the Starspeeder heads to.
That's the thing for me. There's so many new technologies coming out regularly and it seems Disney isn't using any of them. I remember when attractions used to "wow" me. Star Tours when it came out wow'ed the heck out of me. The last attraction that wow'ed is still Indiana Jones. And that is now many years old. If I have to pick any attraction that Disney has built (I have not been to WDW in 8 years, so I might be wow'ed by Mission:space) that has been technically interesting I would have to say Soarin'. I've seen the big screen done many times (Back to the future ride (USH), Hanna-barbara ride (USF)) but the seating system is pretty cool.

It's just so disappointing that Disney used to go above and beyond what was out there in terms of technology. Now they just meet it.

I felt my rant went a little OT. To continue talking about Technology and Disney: viewtopic.php?t=1974
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Thu 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Okay, I didn't want to start a new post but I was lucky to find this old thread. Apparently there are more rumors going around about a "Star Tours 2" ride, basically upgrading the old one. I found a post on blogspot.com about it here:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... urs-2.html

Share your thoughts about it.

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Apr Wed 01, 2009 2:08 am

That would be amazing. Further, when I left DL one night between Feb 14-23 don't remember exactly what night, there was a CM doing polling, and one of the questions was specifically about interest in a Star Tours update, which seems somewhat promising.

The Simpsons Ride in USH would be great to model after as the ride is very dynamic and has the screen infront of the ride vehicle leading to a much greater sense of immersion!

michelesanchez
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

star wars

Post by michelesanchez » Apr Sat 04, 2009 12:06 am

being a big Star wars fan also I hope they upgrade the attraction. I was disappointed last year when I bought a star wars fan magazine and they had a full article on Star Tours -history and etc.. it was good but nothing about the future of the attraction (even though that is what they touted on their cover ....i hope they keep the same sort of thing they have now but they have a lot more planets from the movies to visit -maybe have people fly in coruscant or something -just no Jar Jar ....
michele:)