What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The Park

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They only allow a month here? (Never made reservations for in park dining myself) That's a far cry from the 6 months or whatever they allow at WDW.
Last time I called WDW (2 years back), they said it was 180 days. I've never read it's changed...

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Tue 03, 2011 3:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:They only allow a month here? (Never made reservations for in park dining myself) That's a far cry from the 6 months or whatever they allow at WDW.
Last time I called WDW (2 years back), they said it was 180 days. I've never read it's changed...
Still 180. They switched it briefly to 90, but it was a bad scene at 90 days, so they went back to 180 to spread people out - the early planner peeps from the middle planner and last minute peeps.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 03, 2011 3:46 pm

I remember someone doing that for every meal at WDW. You have to be crazy anal to plan out a meal 6 months in advance. I would love to just watch what happens if they were told they lost their table/closed for private function/we gave your reservation away. :D

momeja

Post by momeja » May Tue 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I remember someone doing that for every meal at WDW. You have to be crazy anal to plan out a meal 6 months in advance. I would love to just watch what happens if they were told they lost their table/closed for private function/we gave your reservation away. :D
Most people I know who book 6 months in advance end up changing those reservations about 20 times before their trip. I know I do that with the ones that I book, and I usually only book a couple of months ahead of time.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 03, 2011 4:20 pm

I wonder how sophisticated their system is? In the sense that is it possible for a family/couples/individuals to book tables at 3 places for the same night? Such as having one tied to your home phone, to your office phone, and a third to your cell-phone, and then they decide that night where to eat without formally cancelling their reservations.

momeja

Post by momeja » May Tue 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Yes. You can do that. The system will tell you that you shouldn't, but they don't appear to act on the doubling by canceling extras unless you really violate the rules by making several double bookings. It's cross-refed now by email address, so avoiding detection is more difficult. Better just to make the few doubles that interest you then cancel when you've decided.

Not that any of this is useful info to you, though, since you never make any dining reservations. :P