What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The Park

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

acgonzales
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by acgonzales » Apr Thu 10, 2008 12:24 pm

For me it's the French Market or Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square. Their food is always good and I have never had an issue with the food...
"You will always remember today as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Skipper Dave
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Skipper Dave » Apr Sat 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Oh the French Market by far. The french dip...the rice & beans...fried chicken. MMM.

garyman
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by garyman » May Mon 19, 2008 6:34 pm

I like the mexican place next to Big Thunder. :ariel:

Never to old for Disney!

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Depends what you are craving, but the best burgers in either DL or DCA are at the Taste Pilots' grill located in DCA. You get to put your own toppings on it, and they have a pretty large assortment of toppings.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:46 pm

proudcanuck wrote:Depends what you are craving, but the best burgers in either DL or DCA are at the Taste Pilots' grill located in DCA. You get to put your own toppings on it, and they have a pretty large assortment of toppings.
The toppings bar at Taste Pilot's grill is very much like the toppings bar at Cosmic Ray's in WDW. Love when you get to choose your own toppings :D

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Fri 29, 2011 2:52 pm

I constantly come back to Clam Chowder in a bread bowl. Doesn't matter if it's at DCA or DL (French Market) it's awesome with a tad of Tabasco sauce. Making my mouth water.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Fri 29, 2011 6:06 pm

It doesn't hurt that it all probably came from the same kitchen. :D

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Amy wrote:
proudcanuck wrote:Depends what you are craving, but the best burgers in either DL or DCA are at the Taste Pilots' grill located in DCA. You get to put your own toppings on it, and they have a pretty large assortment of toppings.
The toppings bar at Taste Pilot's grill is very much like the toppings bar at Cosmic Ray's in WDW. Love when you get to choose your own toppings :D
I love that toppings bar. And I love their ordering system, too. Very 21st century.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re:

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 12:00 pm

subsonic wrote:I LOVE the Blue Bayou for only two things, the atmosphere and Monte Cristo sandwich. Other that that, I think the food is overpriced for the quality of it.

My top choices are:
The Mexican Restaurant next to Big Thunder
Red Rocket's Pizza Port (The salads and Alfredo Chicken are great)
DUDE THOSE ARE MY FAV TOO!
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 02, 2011 2:42 pm

I love the Broccoli Cheese soup in a bread bowl!!!!

But as far as a restaurant goes, I like either Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe (hello loaded baked potato soup and turkey sandwich on pretzel bread.) in DL and Taste Pilot's Grill at DCA. We used to love the Cucina Cucamonga at DCA, but they changed the menu all around (and even it's location) and it's not the same. We loved getting the nachos since they were big enough for us to split.

As a side note, for as much as we have always loved the Blue Bayou for its amazing atmosphere, it has lost much of its charm to us since the whole world knows about it now. It's crowded, noisy, ever more expensive and the food quality isn't what it used to be. :(

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Mon 02, 2011 4:39 pm

MmeLeota wrote:As a side note, for as much as we have always loved the Blue Bayou for its amazing atmosphere, it has lost much of its charm to us since the whole world knows about it now. It's crowded, noisy, ever more expensive and the food quality isn't what it used to be. :(
You know, I quite agree, on every thing you say about Blue Bayou. It's also so hard to get in a reservation because people can call from outside the park and book one months in advance. I miss the days of entering the park in the morning and rushing over there to make a reservation.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 02, 2011 4:47 pm

They only allow a month here? (Never made reservations for in park dining myself) That's a far cry from the 6 months or whatever they allow at WDW.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 02, 2011 5:17 pm

subsonic wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:As a side note, for as much as we have always loved the Blue Bayou for its amazing atmosphere, it has lost much of its charm to us since the whole world knows about it now. It's crowded, noisy, ever more expensive and the food quality isn't what it used to be. :(
You know, I quite agree, on every thing you say about Blue Bayou. It's also so hard to get in a reservation because people can call from outside the park and book one months in advance. I miss the days of entering the park in the morning and rushing over there to make a reservation.
That was always the fun of getting there in the mornings! I miss it too! :( Once they allowed advanced reservations, everything changed.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 02, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm partial to Redd Rockets Pizza Port and Cafe Orleans. I haven't eaten much anywhere else, haven't tried the Hungry Bear now that they updated the menu but I do love the corn dog cart.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Mon 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Hungry Bear used to be one of our favorite snack places. We loved the onion rings!!! Back in the day at DCA we liked the chicken finger place for a snack too.
When DCA first opened, we found ourselves eating over there more than at DL. The lines were practically non-existant and the food quality seemed a bit better too. Then as the years went on, the food became basically the same quality at both parks.