What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The Park

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Oct Tue 03, 2006 8:53 pm

bigthunderlover wrote:i think that the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square is an awesome restaurant because it is inside of the Pirates of the Carribean ride and that ride is totally awesome! some more awesome restaurants in Disneyland are as follows: El Zocalo in Frontierland because they have great Mexican food and its ride next to Thunder Mountain so you can see the train go by, The Hungary Bear in Critter Country because their food is good and its right next to the water and right across the way from Tom Sawyer island and is kind of hidden so its not usually too crowded which is a pretty nice change, Pizza Port in Toomorrowland because its buffet style so you can eat a few pieces of pizza and their pieces are really big and food thats pretty tasty to the mouth (just remember its NOT all you can eat pizza!), The Bingal Barbeque in Adventureland because all of their food is a kabob with amazing sauce and its right across the way from Indiana Jones so you can eat their food while in line so you have something to do, and last but not least a pinoccio burger restaurant in Fantasyland with outstanding and big burgers and really good apple pies. :mickey:
El Zachlo offers the best Mexican food in the parkand probably the whole resort.
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

ambiguity123
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by ambiguity123 » Oct Tue 24, 2006 11:05 am

Talk about ressurecting dead forums, but I just recently started to post here again:

We absolutely love the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. It is incredibly wonderful; it is incredibly expensive. For a nice meal in the parks, we really like the Trattoria over by the wine country tours. They have some good lasagne and interesting ones too. The price isn't horrendous either. I think it was around $10-12 per person for us. Not bad for Disney.

For cheap food, my wife and I will sometimes share the chicken strips at the Stage Door Café or in the Golden Horseshoe show. $8 for a basket and that feeds both of us.
DisneyBakers

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Absolutely

Post by soccermouse » Oct Thu 26, 2006 11:41 am

spaulo wrote:Yeah, the Chicken Fettucini Alfredo at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is not only VERY good, but there's enough of it to feed 2 adults for under $10 (well, maybe get small salads, too)
This is now my favorite for a sit-down meal. I have never eaten in the Blue Bayou and I suspect my kids would not be all that excited about it. Someday I will get to experience the park with just my wife and I hope to try lots of things I just can't with kids.

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » Oct Thu 26, 2006 11:54 am

I have my personal preferences on this subject Ive pretty much been to every resturant in DL and well I had a bad experience in Blue Bayou. I still love it for the experience but I probably wouldn't go back there to eat lunch. I like The French Market for their Fried Chicken *rubs tummy* Yeah good Southern cooking that I miss :( Theres this one resturant in Downtown Disney thats this like Cajun food place and I cant remember the name but they have some really good Gumbo...

I have tried a lot of them but yeah I guess my vote has to go for:
( Inside Disney ) French Market
( Downtown Disney ) Rainforest Cafe'

MM137 :mickey:

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Aug Thu 30, 2007 1:01 pm

I think for value, quality and quantity your best bets are Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, Blast Off Chicken Fusilli is a must have, and the other great food location for the money is the French Market in New Orleans Square. Almost every meal there comes with a side salad and the portions are plentiful as well as very tasty!!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Sep Tue 11, 2007 10:10 pm

subsonic wrote:The Mexican Restaurant next to Big Thunder
I sat at a table at that restaurant (I forget the name it was at the time) while my dad and sisters rode Big Thunder the day it opened to the guests. I'm pretty sure they were on the first train. May have been the second, though. Definately one of the first two. Anyhoo, I was something like 7 or 8, and too scared to ride.

Dad still makes fun of me sometimes about that.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Sep Tue 11, 2007 10:36 pm

I can never remember the name of it but the place in NOS that sells the soup in the sourdough bowls, I absolutely love them, and get one everytime I go to DL
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 12, 2007 11:14 am

Moviemaker137 wrote:Theres this one resturant in Downtown Disney thats this like Cajun food place and I cant remember the name but they have some really good Gumbo...
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. For southern-style cooking, there is also House of Blues.
~Steve

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Yeah this is old but doesn't matter to me.

Storyteller's Cafe is AMAZING. The food is so good and so is the service. We went on Saturday and our waiter was so helpful. He was really nice.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Feb Tue 05, 2008 4:08 pm

capnjacksparrow wrote:Yeah this is old but doesn't matter to me.

Storyteller's Cafe is AMAZING. The food is so good and so is the service. We went on Saturday and our waiter was so helpful. He was really nice.
Buffet is awesome too! Also, the Orange Creme Brulee will make you weep openly it's so good.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 05, 2008 9:37 pm

danimal3114u wrote:
capnjacksparrow wrote:Yeah this is old but doesn't matter to me.

Buffet is awesome too! Also, the Orange Creme Brulee will make you weep openly it's so good.
My mom and I were really tempted to try the buffet out but we'll probably do it the next time we go.

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Feb Wed 06, 2008 12:54 am

For the record: the Mexican restaurant near Big Thunder is Rancho Del Zocolo.

My pick for eating at the park is Catal (I know, it's not <i>in</i> the park, but it's close enough). They offer a three-course prix fix menu for $25 or so that was awesome the last time I was there. There's also a large and fairly reasonable wine selection.

In the park, I'd have to go with Cafe Orleans for dinner and the Riverbelle Terrace for Lunch (good sandwiches).
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Feb Wed 06, 2008 6:29 am

I like the Plaza Inn. The food is pretty good, and the restaurant is in a good location for watching the parades.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Wed 06, 2008 3:16 pm

cap396 wrote:I like the Plaza Inn. The food is pretty good, and the restaurant is in a good location for watching the parades.
I love the food there though it's been years. I keep wanting to eat there again.

SimplyMagical
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by SimplyMagical » Apr Sat 05, 2008 1:34 pm

I Love the Storyteller's cafe breakfast buffet, for the AMAZING creme brule, and the atmosphere.
In the park the Bengal BBQ, Pizza Port, and Boudin Bakery restaurant(I'm not sure if thats what its called, but its the bread place in Fisherman's warf that sells the bread bowls) are my faves. They all offer vegetarian options for those veggie-lovers in the group, such as your's truly :mrgreen: , the food is high quality, and reasonably priced.
If you've never been, the Blue Bayou is an experience. It is *very* expensive and you often have to wait a while for a table near the bayou, but the food is great, and the atmosphere is fantastic.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3943/userbar609791gh9.gif[/img][/url]