King Arthur Carousel Horseman

What's The Best Restaurant For Good Quality Food In The Park

Post by dennis » Jul Fri 07, 2006 1:37 pm

THE OLD BBQ JOINT WAS GOOD OVER BY THUNDER MOUNTIAN, BUT I THINK IS GONE

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Jul Fri 07, 2006 1:59 pm

OH. I think I remember that one. I heard the best quality restaurant is Club 33. But never having experienced it, I would have to say Blue Bayou. But one day I will go to Club 33.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

dennis

Post by dennis » Jul Fri 07, 2006 3:15 pm

I have not been to Club 33, I heard its great from some "people" in the industry. I have been to Blue Bayou two times and while I love the atmosphere, the food was a disapointment when I went. I want to go back to DL for the holidays and was looking for something good.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Fri 07, 2006 4:10 pm

Hey dennis, apparently the newly-revamped Cafe Orleans is supposed to be very nice. Also, while not technically "in" the parks, if you want real good food, don't miss the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, and (my personal fave) Granville's Steakhouse at the Disneyland Hotel.
~Steve

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Jul Fri 07, 2006 4:15 pm

Napa Rose does offer very fine cusine. But... :shock: for something that's affordable in the parks I would turn to the Blue Bayou :roll: as I'm sure everyone would
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

ttztotdca50
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by ttztotdca50 » Jul Sat 08, 2006 8:31 am

Blue Bayou. Definately. The food is excellant, and the atmosphere of being right by Pirates of the Carribean is certainly magical.
Eleka Nahmun Nahmun Atum Atum Eleka Nahmun

Sub Ride Count: 1

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Jul Sat 08, 2006 11:14 am

Breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace. The pancakes were just amazing my last trip. The time before the Cinnamon Roll was awesome, but it was only so-so the last trip.

Best part: Getting to watch RoA, Mark Twain, use real silverware and plates.

Blue Bayoo just stuffs way too many people in and rushes everything. The food is prepared already and while the atmosphere is nice, its pretty noisy really.

skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Sat 08, 2006 4:02 pm

The Blue Bayou. We also enjoy eating at the Plaza pavillion knowing that Walt had such a dream for that little resturaunt.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 10, 2006 12:23 am

I LOVE the Blue Bayou for only two things, the atmosphere and Monte Cristo sandwich. Other that that, I think the food is overpriced for the quality of it.

My top choices are:
The Mexican Restaurant next to Big Thunder
Red Rocket's Pizza Port (The salads and Alfredo Chicken are great)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Mon 10, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah, the Chicken Fettucini Alfredo at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port is not only VERY good, but there's enough of it to feed 2 adults for under $10 (well, maybe get small salads, too)
~Steve

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Tue 11, 2006 12:23 am

I forgot to mention that. My wife and I share it, no problem.

Cutie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Cutie » Sep Fri 22, 2006 2:55 am

Ok firstly, I know this thread was last posted on like 2 months ago, but I havent been posting on the forum long so I have a lot of stuff to read, sorry lol.

Ive only been to DL a couple of times so far, so I havent eaten in too many of the restaurants. I tried to get into the Blue Bayou when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but they were fully booked. I keep hearing good things about this Monte Cristo sandwich, so I was hoping to try it but nope, it wasnt to be that time :(

I did however eat at the Jazz Kitchen, which isnt actually inside DL its located in Downtown Disney, but I would highly recommend it for some excellent food and great service. I went there twice and was very pleased each time. The group of people I was with all had something different to eat & each person said how good their food was.

If you go there, try the Double Chocolate Bread Pudding.....OMG its amazing. A little tip though, share it with someone else as its way too much for one person, but well worth it.

Jazz Kitchen
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/cutie-awe/Winnie_sparkle.gif[/img]

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Sep Fri 22, 2006 11:10 am

Cutie wrote:Ive only been to DL a couple of times so far, so I havent eaten in too many of the restaurants. I tried to get into the Blue Bayou when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but they were fully booked. I keep hearing good things about this Monte Cristo sandwich, so I was hoping to try it but nope, it wasnt to be that time :(
They now sell the Monte Cristo sandwich at the French Market

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Fri 22, 2006 12:15 pm

subsonic wrote:
Cutie wrote:Ive only been to DL a couple of times so far, so I havent eaten in too many of the restaurants. I tried to get into the Blue Bayou when I was there a couple of weeks ago, but they were fully booked. I keep hearing good things about this Monte Cristo sandwich, so I was hoping to try it but nope, it wasnt to be that time :(
They now sell the Monte Cristo sandwich at the French Market
Sweet! I always go to the French Market, so I'll definitely try it next time.

The last time I was at Disneyland, I tried to make reservations at Blue Bayou, but they were booked. But we did get in because they were doing walk-ins.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Sep Sat 23, 2006 4:23 pm

i think that the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square is an awesome restaurant because it is inside of the Pirates of the Carribean ride and that ride is totally awesome! some more awesome restaurants in Disneyland are as follows: El Zocalo in Frontierland because they have great Mexican food and its ride next to Thunder Mountain so you can see the train go by, The Hungary Bear in Critter Country because their food is good and its right next to the water and right across the way from Tom Sawyer island and is kind of hidden so its not usually too crowded which is a pretty nice change, Pizza Port in Toomorrowland because its buffet style so you can eat a few pieces of pizza and their pieces are really big and food thats pretty tasty to the mouth (just remember its NOT all you can eat pizza!), The Bingal Barbeque in Adventureland because all of their food is a kabob with amazing sauce and its right across the way from Indiana Jones so you can eat their food while in line so you have something to do, and last but not least a pinoccio burger restaurant in Fantasyland with outstanding and big burgers and really good apple pies. :mickey:
I do stuff sometimes.