What line is worth waiting hours for?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Splashlover
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Splashlover » Jun Sun 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Everyday at DL, the lines are always long! I remember when I got a ticket for pirates of the Caribbean, and it took forever to get to the ride. About an hour later we got to the ride, I enjoyed it after waiting for an hour. Even the Fast pass lines are long, and their suppose to be fast. Their about as slow and long as the normal line.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Jun Mon 05, 2006 2:10 am

I don't mind wiating in long lines. As long as you have an attack plan for the rest of the day. Plus you have to know what to do to entertain yourself while waiting in line. Have you heard of hidden mickeys? they are everywhere And you can spend the valueable time looking for Hidden Mickeys or Planning out the rest of the day or eating (that's always important). You also can try to go at less populated times of the year. I have been to the park where you could walk on the rides over and over again. And i have also been to the park When the wait times for lines are 105 Minutes. There websites you can find where it tellse you the number of people in the park at certain times of the year. I think the most upopulated time is during thanks giving and the end of the school year. So keep looking you will find ways to get through it. But there is no avoiding it no matter how hard you try.
I do stuff sometimes.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Mon 05, 2006 12:06 pm

The last few times I've been to Disneyland have been after Labor Day and at Valentine's... so I guess I've been spoiled. Between fastidious use of FastPasses, and a general understanding of what to "get out of the way" early, before lines develop (Fantasyland dark rides, I'm looking at you), we never wait more than 30 minutes in line.

Of course, I also go often enough and individual trips are usually long enough (3-4 days) that if a line is too long, we just ignore that ride and move on... there will always be time to ride it again...
~Steve

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Mon 05, 2006 7:29 pm

I think Disney makes long waits much more pleasant than most parks. Great theming to keep your eyes wandering and distract you from the wait and the smelly tourists on either side.

Universal's IOA is the only non-Disney park I can think of where they spent as much time theming the queue as the actual ride.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jul Mon 03, 2006 7:16 pm

I don't really mind waiting in lines at Disneyland because some or most of their lines is an attraction itself. Now on the other hand, having a plain queue line is boring. A line I really don't mind waiting for hours is Indy, and maybe Space Mountain (Waited 3 hours when it reopen on that very day). Man I miss that July 17th day, it was a blast and I didn't mind waiting in the lines as well. 8)
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

piratepauly
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by piratepauly » Jul Mon 03, 2006 11:27 pm

as long as my wife and friends are in line with me, the wait isn't so bad,as long as it isn't toooo long. lol, We waited 4 hours back when Indy first opened, don't know if I could do that again.

Just Believe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Just Believe » Jul Tue 04, 2006 5:39 pm

when i was younger, i thought waiting in line was one of the best parts of the ride. The excitment is being built up and you're then able to socialize with people around you and your family. Now that we are all use to Fastpass we are now spoiled by a 40 min wait! :| (no joke) :lol: Thanks to this new technology, we are now spoiled by quick fast paced lines with a few minutes of waiting!
Do you think have enough time to go the bathroom before the next show?

We can't you old fool, WE'RE BOLTED TO THE SEATS!!!

-Statler & Waldorf
Muppet Vision 3D

Hathaway

Post by Hathaway » Jul Wed 05, 2006 5:21 am

Compared to the nightmare that Six Flags can be when it is crowded, I am all in favor of the Disney method. But I do love the anticipation of a ride while waiting in a queue. (I am secretly eight years old when I am at a Disney theme park. Except I meet the height requirements.)
-- Kungaloosh!

fecns
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by fecns » Jul Wed 05, 2006 4:10 pm

one good thing about standing in some lines are you get to see some of the stuff on display That can be interesting

skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by skipper » Jul Sat 08, 2006 1:49 pm

We usually go in the off season so I really havent had to wait to long for a ride. Except in October the line for Haunted Holiday was over 45 minutes. But that only happend once to us usually we breeze through that as well.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 10, 2006 12:25 am

Is this thread worth keeping open? NOBODY likes to wait in long lines. Perhaps the title should be changed to "When is a long line worth waiting for?"
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

kristen
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kristen » Jul Mon 10, 2006 9:42 am

You don't know long lines unless you waited on line for Rocket Rods. What a strange queue. Up stairs, down stairs, narrow hallways, the entire Circlevision theatre, blacklight versions of our favourite vintage ride vehicles, feeling like you're in a dungeon below Tomorrowland, and then somehow popping up at the old PeopleMover load. All this in 2-2.5 hours. I waited on line for Rocket Rods twice during my last trip to Disneyland. I'm glad I did, because now it's gone.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Mon 10, 2006 10:31 am

subsonic wrote:Is this thread worth keeping open? NOBODY likes to wait in long lines. Perhaps the title should be changed to "When is a long line worth waiting for?"
Good point, Sub. I think there are several topics here: when is a long line worth waiting for; how to avoid long waits; what queues keep you entertained during long waits; what ride would you never wait an hour for?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Tue 11, 2006 12:27 am

I changed the topic.

And I'll answer. Any new E-ticket attraction. I waited in line 3 hours for Indy, 1.5 for TOT, 3 for Splash, 2.5 for new Space Mountain.

Woah, that's a lot of time added up.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Tue 11, 2006 10:52 am

yeah that's a work day, with a commute ;-)
~Steve