What line is worth waiting hours for?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Wyntuck » Nov Tue 13, 2012 9:44 pm

the wave of the future is to have activity areas and when it's you're turn, you're texted or buzzed or something... (see the New Dumbo at WDW)

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Nov Fri 30, 2012 9:59 pm

I wonder if they have a significant amount of people who don't show up for their buzz because they found something else to do. I think the natural flow of things keeps congestion lower and overall waits tolerable.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sat 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I personally don't really think anything is worth spending hours in line for. I would rather wake up early as fast pass it or just go on a non peak day. However it seems like if I was to wait an hour for an attraction it would probably right now be Radiator Springs Racers.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Len90 wrote:I personally don't really think anything is worth spending hours in line for. I would rather wake up early as fast pass it or just go on a non peak day. However it seems like if I was to wait an hour for an attraction it would probably right now be Radiator Springs Racers.
Did you finally get to ride RSR??

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Sun 02, 2012 8:56 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:I personally don't really think anything is worth spending hours in line for. I would rather wake up early as fast pass it or just go on a non peak day. However it seems like if I was to wait an hour for an attraction it would probably right now be Radiator Springs Racers.
I did! Disney allowed fast passes to be valid the following day so I rode it yesterday. It is an amazing attraction and I really wish Disney brings some of this technology to Florida.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Sun 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
I did! Disney allowed fast passes to be valid the following day so I rode it yesterday. It is an amazing attraction and I really wish Disney brings some of this technology to Florida.
Oh good! I'm glad you were able to get a chance to ride it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
That is great!

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Tigger Fan » Mar Wed 06, 2013 11:17 am

When DL open the Jolly Holiday bakery which replaced the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, people were waiting up to 4 hours to buy something. Then some were getting back into the line to buy more. I guess I will never understand people and what they are willing to wait for.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:When DL open the Jolly Holiday bakery which replaced the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, people were waiting up to 4 hours to buy something. Then some were getting back into the line to buy more. I guess I will never understand people and what they are willing to wait for.
Never been to this bakery, but your comment made me chuckle. I love good pastries as much as the next gal, but agree, FOUR HOURS?! :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Wed 06, 2013 3:40 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Tigger Fan wrote:When DL open the Jolly Holiday bakery which replaced the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street, people were waiting up to 4 hours to buy something. Then some were getting back into the line to buy more. I guess I will never understand people and what they are willing to wait for.
Never been to this bakery, but your comment made me chuckle. I love good pastries as much as the next gal, but agree, FOUR HOURS?! :)
unless it was a drink from the fountain of youth...I don't think anything is worth that long of a wait

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

GeoffS

Post by GeoffS » Mar Wed 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Really, what were they selling? Even the hand-made candy canes aren't worth that, especially since they sell them in multiple places in the parks.

darthblixt
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by darthblixt » Apr Fri 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Gadgets go coaster, its exhilarating and definitely worth the wait

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 05, 2013 4:31 pm

darthblixt wrote:Gadgets go coaster, its exhilarating and definitely worth the wait
Gadget's Go Coaster is along the lines of the Barnstormer Great Goofini at WDW right? It's a cute coaster, but pretty short. I don't know that I would wait in a super long queue to ride it.
Toontown is definitely something I'm looking forward to at DL! and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin :D

GeoffS

Post by GeoffS » Apr Fri 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Toon Town is neat because of all the details in the entire land. Try opening doors, looking in mailboxes, pressing buttons, and just about anything will give you a response. Sometimes small crowds form around a single gag while someone cycles through multiple responses.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 05, 2013 11:23 pm

GeoffS wrote:Toon Town is neat because of all the details in the entire land. Try opening doors, looking in mailboxes, pressing buttons, and just about anything will give you a response. Sometimes small crowds form around a single gag while someone cycles through multiple responses.
I remember that. It is fun to play in there. DL Toontown was always a bit better imagineered than WDW's Toontown.