Monsters Inc. the ride - I went on yesterday

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Oct Tue 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Yea...this is definitely a great dark ride. Ive never been on superstar limo to compare the two. But from the sound of it...didnt seem like a great ride to begin with. Anywho...for anyone visiting DCA, definitely give this ride a shot. Great characetrs and lighting for sure! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

HSolo29
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HSolo29 » Oct Tue 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Absolutely love this ride! The theming was really well done and just an overall great experience!

About Roz, she had us crack up when we rode this summer. I forget the exact statement, but she said something about my dad that had us laughing for a while. No way that was a generic statement. :P
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

weluvmovies.com
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by weluvmovies.com » Oct Wed 17, 2007 1:55 am

superstar limo was bogus... the great thing about monsters inc for me was that my 1yo daughter could just watch the little tv on the car and not notice the monsters on the ride, even though I was tempted to just grab her forehead and make her look at the ride we waited in line for.

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Nov Sun 23, 2008 10:11 pm

I have been on this ride several times with my family but have never noticed Roz saying anything specific to us. Recently we went on the ride and we finally got a response from her that wasn't generic. We had our kids sit in the front rows so my husband and I could sit next to each other and enjoy some cuddle time. ;) And yes, we exchanged a couple of quick kisses. Well, when we got to the end of the ride Roz says, "Hey! You two in the back row! I'm watching you two. Always watching!" I'm glad we finally got a personalized response from Roz but I have to admit I was a little embarrassed. :shock:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Sun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

I thought it was fairly decent. I've only gone on it once though I've never been on the Superstar Limo but I thought the Monsters Inc. ride was all right. I just liked Roz at the ending since she pointed out my sister who was wearing her Mickey ears.

proudcanuck

Re: Monsters Inc. the ride - I went on yesterday

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:28 am

My kids absolutely love this ride! it's very colorful, and the story line always makes us laugh. Roz and the end is just the icing on the cake. My only complaint is how loud it can be in there. i wish it could be turned down just a tad.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 11, 2011 8:12 am

proudcanuck wrote:My kids absolutely love this ride! it's very colorful, and the story line always makes us laugh. Roz and the end is just the icing on the cake. My only complaint is how loud it can be in there. i wish it could be turned down just a tad.
You might want to consider taking ear plugs next year. I keep mine stashed in my backpack and put them in when I know the attraction is going to be loud.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 8:40 am

I wish they could find a place at DHS to install this ride...(and get rid of the Laugh Floor from MK)....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Well, with ours it was just a direct replacement of a failed theme (this one isn't doing that well but at least some people are riding it).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 12:21 pm

After DCA, they made improvements on it and released it at TDL. I figure, they can do some more work on it and add to DHS as part of the Pixar Place area.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 11, 2011 1:07 pm

The one thing I really hated about both SSL and Monster's Inc was the start of it. You go down the exact same tunnel at a speed slower than walking and are filled in on the story.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The one thing I really hated about both SSL and Monster's Inc was the start of it. You go down the exact same tunnel at a speed slower than walking and are filled in on the story.
Is Monsters Inc running on the exact same track as SSL? I know that's what they did with Dreamflights and Buzz Lightyear over at WDW MK - both run on the original "If You Had Wings" attraction track from way back when...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes, it was a redressing rather than a new ride and some setpieces/backgrounds were left behind from the old attraction as well.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yes, it was a redressing rather than a new ride and some setpieces/backgrounds were left behind from the old attraction as well.
At least with Buzz they gutted most of the Dreamflights ride. The only room that remains the same in all three is the large projection room towards the end.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Mon 11, 2011 2:26 pm

mindflipper wrote:I figure, they can do some more work on it and add to DHS as part of the Pixar Place area.
The rumor is that the MI ride that will be coming to WDW Pixar Place will be a coaster based on the scene with all the doors on tracks.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.