Monsters Inc. the ride - I went on yesterday

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Thu 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Maybe the CM's take turns in the control booth saying stuff through the mic. All the CM's may just rotate in and out.

bq2
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by bq2 » Apr Fri 21, 2006 8:07 am

Thanks for the input guys! We've been tryng to get over to DCA during our last Two visits. We have not quite been able to get over there. Maybe next time.

DisneyManInSeattle
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Apr Fri 21, 2006 12:40 pm

I highly doubt they pay someone to sit and talk through her though
This is my understanding on how it works. Unfortunately it is a let down when you go by her and she says nothing!

-mark

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Apr Sat 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Roz definetly talks to you, though I have heard it is either a pre-set random statments that are vague, or controlled by a cast member when they have one available.

Its worth a bit of a wait like Sub said, but not over 30 min really, though I have never seen the movie so I really had no idea what to expect.

Superstar was a 1 out of 10, Monsters Inc is 7 out of 10, Pooh is 2 of 10.

Just my opinion though. :)

-Giz

Brina78
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Brina78 » Apr Mon 24, 2006 2:45 am

I love Monsters Inc. ride! It's soooo adorable! The line is horrid to wait in, though. Wish they have overhead coverings like they do for Soarin' and then get rid of those flower bushes. They bring bees and then they buzz around everyone! Back to the ride, I love it to bits and feel that Roz is set up to respond to every car at the end. The last time we went, I sat in the front, Mom in the second row, and my sister in the third. Roz said to Mom, "Hey, lady, yeah you in the second row! I like your glasses. Wanna trade?" Mom smiled, shook her head and said, "No, thanks!" As we pulled away, Roz yelled, "Fine! Be that way!" Now, what if Mom didn't answer her? Would Roz have said something else? Who knows! It's still funny! :lol:
"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."-- Walt Disney on Disneyland

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » May Tue 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:Is it one of those rides that will stay unique to Disneyland or do you guys think it will get replicated for the Studios or something in the future?
There are rumors that it is heading to WDW and will either be in Tomorrowland (replacing Timekeeper) or the Studios. Also, Tokyo Disneyland has confirmed that it is opening a version of the ride in their Tomorrowland.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Tue 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Tomorrowland? It doesn't seem to fit...
I hope they'll devote a whole soundstage to Pixar at the Studios, they have a lot of empty ones right now...or they could replace Millionaire :lol:

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » May Tue 02, 2006 7:40 pm

Perhaps Monsters Inc. is replacing Sounds Dangerous? Or am I wrong in hearing that it's closing? I wouldn't be too upset if that were the case, especially for a fun ride like everyone seems to say Monsters is.

I hope they don't put it in place of Timekeeper. Is that officially gone now? I really enjoyed that show. Sure, it was no thrill ride, but we got to travel through time with Jules Verne!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

theCaptain
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by theCaptain » May Sun 21, 2006 3:11 am

i noticed roz was pretty keen on who was in the cars as well... found this

"The attraction's ending features an Audio-Animatronic version of the CDA leader from the film, Roz, and she can "ask" the riders questions, controlled by a park cast member backstage."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters%2 ... _Rescue%21

wikipedia is such a great resource, TONS of history on all the parks rides, i can get lost on that site for hours ;-)

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Jun Sun 04, 2006 8:48 pm

I have never been on the Monster Inc. ride. Did you guys think it was good? Do you have any tips for me at all about the ride? I am going to DL in a few days, so I am going to go on it. I'm sure it will be fun.
I do stuff sometimes.

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jun Sun 04, 2006 8:57 pm

I can't wait to try this at some point - hope it makes its way to Disney World.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Mon 05, 2006 1:50 pm

I thought it was good. Nicely done, especially re-using the building and layout for SSL.
-Club33Hopeful

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Oct Wed 03, 2007 10:31 am

It is my nephews FAVORITE ride. He likes the little tv's in the cars (left over from Superstar Limo). He thinks they are little computers, he's 3. I like it too. It is definately an improvement over superstar.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

FlyingMouse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlyingMouse » Oct Wed 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Roz.

When we went by her, she rattled off something in Spanish, and then said "Betcha didn't know I was bilingual". It made my brother and me laugh.

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Oct Tue 16, 2007 2:10 pm

We just went on it for the first time on Saturday and the little TVs in the cars weren't working. What are they supposed to do? Also, we didn't notice Roz saying anything "specific" to us. She mentioned that we'd all be in some witness protection program but it seemed like a pretty generic statement. She then said, "Sir, you will now be known as Clarence." I didn't know that that she could specifically "talk" to people though. I guess she could have been referring to my husband. But there was a car behind us with a man, also. We're going again this Saturday so I'll pay more attention! :mickey: