15%
Mickey's Toontown
No votes
Never been to DLR, only WDW/DLPR/TDLR/HKDLR/etc
10%

Total votes: 126

zenmondo

Post by zenmondo » Jan Mon 02, 2006 3:38 pm

I said tomorrowland, but it is the Tomorrowland I remember from my trips. I have not been to the park in 14 years or so. So its the Yester-Tomorrowland that got my vote. If I went back today, I have a feeling New Orleans Square would get my vote, since Pirates and Haunted Mansion are some of my favorite rides.

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Jan Fri 06, 2006 10:38 pm

The older Tomorrowland, with PeopleMover in service still would be a good choice... But really - with the park right now, NOS or Adventureland - both are excellent. The rides are good but the actual experiance of just walking around in the land is also a big factor for me and those two are just so well themed. The whole park is great but those areas are places you just feel immersed in the land.
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Dr. G
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Dr. G » Jan Sat 07, 2006 1:20 pm

Critter Country for me - mainly due to Splash Mountain. We will purposefully schedule trips to So. CA and Disneyland around the Splash Mountain refurb schedules. I absolutely love that ride.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jan Sat 07, 2006 2:35 pm

My vote goes to New Orleans Square. It is so much like really being in New Orleans! Even the food options are fantastic. On top of that, the classic Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion are both there. The Disney Gallery is a fun and quiet break. If only I were a member of Club 33, now that would make this land perfect!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

TrojanGrad

Post by TrojanGrad » Feb Sun 12, 2006 3:25 am

No votes for Toontown!!!

While I didn't vote for it either, I can't believe that NOBODY voted for it. Now I want to change my vote to make it feel better. =)

ttztotdca50
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by ttztotdca50 » Feb Sun 12, 2006 9:33 pm

Ah, the world of the future... definately my favorite land.
Eleka Nahmun Nahmun Atum Atum Eleka Nahmun

Sub Ride Count: 1

Sarah Turp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Sarah Turp » Feb Mon 13, 2006 1:21 pm

New Orleans Square definately has the best rides and the Haunted mansion gives the place a great atomosphere, but I do love frontierland as well. It never used to be be my favouite land, but over the years it has really grown on me. There's just something about it that ! love!
Stitch is Back!!!

Brina78
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Brina78 » Feb Tue 21, 2006 4:03 pm

I love New Orleans Square the most and grew to love it over time. Just so everyone knows, for a very brief period, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion will be closed at the same time! When Pirates closes on March 6, we won't have Haunted Mansion until March 11. Those will be five saaaaaad days. :(

As for Tomorrowland I only love it for one reason and that's Space Mountain. If it wasn't there, I would hardly bother going to that land. Oh, and I have a confession for the poor Toontown land. In the early nineties, that was my favorite land due to the fact that I was trying to find Bonkers as much as I could! He was my favorite Disney Afternoon character and difficult to get pictures with in Toontown. I'm pretty sure all of those characters are gone for good at this point, and that's unfair to them.
"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."-- Walt Disney on Disneyland

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Apr Wed 05, 2006 11:00 am

Hmm, it was hard to choose since I really like Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but in the end, I chose Adventureland because of Indy, my fav. ride in Disneyland.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

CA Screamin Dude

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Apr Thu 06, 2006 7:47 pm

Recently, I've actually grown fond of Adventureland. I think it's the most laid back land, which reminds me of DCA, so it becomes my favorite.
Administrator, [url=http://www.visionsfantastic.com/]Visions Fantastic[/url], www.visionsfantastic.com.
[url=http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/][img]http://www.visionsfantastic.com/CASD/CASD-vfmediabar.gif[/img][/url]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Apr Fri 07, 2006 3:53 pm

Laid-back? Adventureland? Heh, not when the crowds flood the thin little walkway, and there's a line at the Jungle Cruise, and people shopping, and AHHHHH!!

I like Adventureland and all... one of the most classic attractions right next to one of the most advanced... but really, it's soooo small and prone to stroller-clutter. Plus "Tarzan's Treehouse" sucks. Bring back the Robinsons!
~Steve

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Apr Sat 08, 2006 11:22 pm

I always have a problem getting through adventureland, of course I always have a problem getting through frontierland as well. But they are the only ways to get to my favorite land NOS. I would take the train but I can never get a seat next to the exit on the sideways cars and nobody wants to move so I can get out. :P

And YES BRING BACK THE ROBINSONS!!!!! If they are going to keep the music from the movie they should have the same theme. Tarzan sucks in comparison, there I said it too.

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Apr Sun 09, 2006 9:31 am

I couldn't agree more! The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was a favorite of mine. Such a marvelous way to live! All the details in the treehouse were so perfect. Tarzan just isn't the same.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

artbaum
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by artbaum » Apr Sun 09, 2006 6:30 pm

Well, New Orleans Square has Pirates and the Haunted Mansion... two classics!

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Mon 10, 2006 8:19 am

Definitely New Orleans Square. If you've ever been to the real New Orleans, NOS is even more spectacular. The attention to detail is amazing.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney