Pixie Hollow

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Pixie Hollow

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Does anyone know if they still have the water and light show at Pixie Hollow in Disneyland?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlqKnnGmxU

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Pixie Hollow

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sat 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Pretty sure it still operates, since it is an automated show, like the observatron, it won't show up on the schedule.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Pretty sure it still operates, since it is an automated show, like the observatron, it won't show up on the schedule.
Thanks ~ knew it was fairly old by this point so wasn't sure if it was still there or not. Forgot to look the last time we were there. It looks cute :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sun 28, 2016 3:31 pm

I just realized, I think you may be missing paint the night, if you hadn't seen it yet. They only announced it a few weeks back that they were going to be "ending" the parade after the summer with a brief return for the holidays and then do a temporary replacement at the start of the year for the MSEP.

What is going to happen to the parade is unknown, some say it is being shipped off to WDW some thing to DLRP for their big celebration. The parade didn't fail, but it sounds like they are not planning on building any additional copies.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I just realized, I think you may be missing paint the night, if you hadn't seen it yet. They only announced it a few weeks back that they were going to be "ending" the parade after the summer with a brief return for the holidays and then do a temporary replacement at the start of the year for the MSEP.

What is going to happen to the parade is unknown, some say it is being shipped off to WDW some thing to DLRP for their big celebration. The parade didn't fail, but it sounds like they are not planning on building any additional copies.
We are indeed going to be missing it. Sounds like it ends 9/5 and we'll be there on 9/25 and 9/27. Hoping they will have fireworks on that Sunday as it sounds like there isn't anything running on weeknights. Looks like World of Color has one show on each night we are there. Hopefully we will be able to talk my brother and sister-in-law into staying for both of those. :ccat:
Pretty sad not to be able to see Fantasmic or ride the Railroad either :( But will definitely take the rare-ish opportunity to walk across the tracks that they have set-up yet :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I just realized, I think you may be missing paint the night, if you hadn't seen it yet. They only announced it a few weeks back that they were going to be "ending" the parade after the summer with a brief return for the holidays and then do a temporary replacement at the start of the year for the MSEP.

We are indeed going to be missing it. Sounds like it ends 9/5 and we'll be there on 9/25 and 9/27. Hoping they will have fireworks on that Sunday as it sounds like there isn't anything running on weeknights. Looks like World of Color has one show on each night we are there. Hopefully we will be able to talk my brother and sister-in-law into staying for both of those. :ccat:
Pretty sad not to be able to see Fantasmic or ride the Railroad either :( But will definitely take the rare-ish opportunity to walk across the tracks that they have set-up yet :D
OH NO!! Big. Fat. Bummer. Paint the Night is amazing. Hopefully they have the MSEP for you...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 29, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm not holding out hope for any evening shows other than World of Color. MSEP doesn't finish up at WDW until 10/9 :( I am curious how quickly they are able to ship it across the country and have it back up and running though. I wonder if they are already auditioning for MSEP performers in DL?