Hooray for me?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Hooray for me?

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Ok ok ok ok ok you all won't believe this. I promise.

I'M GOING BACK TO ANAHEIM NEXT MONTH!!! YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat:

But the sad thing is, I'm going alone. Boooooo! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm going to be attending a training seminar M-F 2/22-26, so of course I'm flying in on 2/20 and leaving 2/28. I have three days available (2 and a half, really) to go do some Disneylanding.

Who's around that wants to meet up? I can't imagine enjoying myself all that much by myself all those days. I know I'm going to miss having Jeff with me, and not being able to take the girls. So who's in?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Hooray for me?

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Yay for a return trip much sooner than you had anticipated! I wish I could go too ~ but there is no way I would get away without Figment, and I don't know that I could swing another vacation so soon anyhow.
Um, have you messaged Ms. Swann on FB? I would think she would be fun to hang out with there. And maybe Sub would be around ~ that would be awesome as well! Guessing there is one Cali dwelling Subber you might not want to hang out with though ;) although perhaps you two would get along swell after meeting in person! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 13, 2016 11:06 am

Have you checked the refurbishment schedule for DL/DCA when you'll be there? I just saw a post on FB and it had several DL/DCA attractions down for refurbishment. Not sure how many of those are just a regular refurb and how many will be lengthy due to the Star Wars expansion. I can't believe how many are down at once!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Amy wrote:Have you checked the refurbishment schedule for DL/DCA when you'll be there? I just saw a post on FB and it had several DL/DCA attractions down for refurbishment. Not sure how many of those are just a regular refurb and how many will be lengthy due to the Star Wars expansion. I can't believe how many are down at once!
This is what I found:

Mark Twain Riverboat - Closed for Refurbishment
Sailing Ship Columbia - Closed for Refurbishment
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - Closed for Refurbishment
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island - Closed for Refurbishment
Jungle Cruise - Closed for Refurbishment
Autopia - Closed for Refurbishment
Fantasmic! - Closed for Refurbishment
Disneyland Railroad - Closed for Refurbishment

Which seems like it's all for Star Wars. And truth be told, I'm ok with missing most of those. Kinda bummed about the railroad and Jungle Cruise, but what are ya gonna do? We didn't do the Sailing Ship Columbia or Davy Crockett's Canoes when hubby and I went in July but the scenery seemed the same as the Riverboat so I didn't feel like we were missing much.

DCA is only closing the river ride, which I wouldn't go on anyway. I don't like to get SOAKED on any ride unless I'm at a water park in my swim suit.

I think I'll plan on doing one day at DLR and one day at DCA, or if I get a 3-day ticket, do the rest of my Saturday (flying day, flight lands about noon PST) at DCA and two days at DLR, and in that case I won't park-hop. Or, maybe I'll just do a single day at DLR and be done with it. I still haven't decided yet. It seems slightly pointless to do any of this without a family member with me. I'm ok with sight-seeing when I have a day on a work trip (as in, Hawaii, hellloooo) but for some reason spending a lot of time at DLR without the hubby or the girls seems wrong.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 13, 2016 2:39 pm

Ok, yup, those were the ones I saw as well, and most of them do seem to be related to the Star Wars expansion. Did you go on Autopia when you were there? That really is cute and the little off-road section they have is a fun change from the WDW Speedway.
I would feel a little guilty about being at a Disney park without someone to enjoy it as well, but I would still do it ~ it is sort of fun to just go where you want to, when you want to, and do whatever you'd like. The only bad part is being bored in lines. And DL folk don't seem to be chatty in lines like WDW guests are, so if you're wanting to strike up a conversation, that usually doesn't happen :(

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Jan Thu 14, 2016 12:50 pm

I'm in! Gives me an excuse to finally go instead of just thinking about it and putting it off.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Thu 14, 2016 2:39 pm

JenMuse wrote:I'm in! Gives me an excuse to finally go instead of just thinking about it and putting it off.
Changing my screen name to "JensExcuse"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. :) Looking forward to meeting you!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 19, 2016 9:04 am

Ok I'm going to make this officially unofficial. Let's get together on Sunday Feb 21. How about we meet at 11 am at the hub? PM me your phone number and I'll send you mine so we can communicate. And if you're going to be there all day, awesome, let me know and we can hang. I'm not a morning person but if I have a good reason to get up I can be persuaded. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 19, 2016 2:04 pm

cy1229 wrote:Ok I'm going to make this officially unofficial. Let's get together on Sunday Feb 21. How about we meet at 11 am at the hub? PM me your phone number and I'll send you mine so we can communicate. And if you're going to be there all day, awesome, let me know and we can hang. I'm not a morning person but if I have a good reason to get up I can be persuaded. :lol:
Yay! I wish I could be there, have a lot of fun with everyone! :goofy_bounce:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Jan Wed 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Bah! All the Hilton hotels near DL are booked that weekend so much for free hotel stay using Hilton points. Time to investigate travel agent rates at the DL hotels. And then laugh and start hitting up friends in orange county for a sofa. :)

I enjoy DL but a 3 day weekend there costs almost as much as an entire week in WDW.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 20, 2016 1:53 pm

JenMuse wrote:Bah! All the Hilton hotels near DL are booked that weekend so much for free hotel stay using Hilton points. Time to investigate travel agent rates at the DL hotels. And then laugh and start hitting up friends in orange county for a sofa. :)

I enjoy DL but a 3 day weekend there costs almost as much as an entire week in WDW.
Hope you can find a decent deal. I was surprised at how much DL hotel/ticket prices had increased since the last time we were there before our trip in 2013 too!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 20, 2016 4:51 pm

JenMuse wrote:Bah! All the Hilton hotels near DL are booked that weekend so much for free hotel stay using Hilton points. Time to investigate travel agent rates at the DL hotels. And then laugh and start hitting up friends in orange county for a sofa. :)

Check out the Hyatt Place. It's new. I used Hyatt points for our stay but if I remember right, the rate wasn't horrid.

I'm staying at the Anaheim Marriott Suites. Or something like that. Further down Harbor from the Hyatt Place. It's where my work training is being held.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by ZenMondo » Jan Sun 24, 2016 9:32 pm

I did Disneyland solo for the first time last April. But I admit I was not solo the entire day. There were friends in the park, but they all wanted to couple-off and I was left on my own for several hours. It actually was kind of nice. While Disneyland is great to share with those you love, there can be a little bit of magic when you are on your own too.