I hate people - A Disneyland essay.

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Brina78
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Brina78 » Feb Wed 22, 2006 4:11 pm

I think we only brought a stroller with us one time when my sister and I were real little. It must have been when I was about 2, the youngest I've gone to DL. After that, I was walking on my own and begging to be carried whenever I got tired!

realcal, I love your example of a bigger stroller. SUV/Hummer-type? :lol:
"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."-- Walt Disney on Disneyland

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Feb Wed 22, 2006 10:59 pm

My mom used to want to bring me in a stroller when I was young because she didn't think me little legs could handle it, however my father was always the one who had to push me and carry the stroller around when I wasn't in it :lol:
Many parents bring those SUV/Hummer strollers that can accomodate the entire contents of their hotel room, as well as their children
:lol:
All I had was 4 wheels and a spot to sit

realcal
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Stroller-zilla

Post by realcal » Feb Thu 23, 2006 12:33 am

I haven't seen this one at DL yet, but I am sure it is coming...

Brina78
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Brina78 » Feb Thu 23, 2006 1:02 am

:shock: How would that even fit through the main gates, let alone the narrow walk-ways?!
"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."-- Walt Disney on Disneyland

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Feb Thu 23, 2006 8:50 am

People with those kinds of strollers must be over compensating for something :!: :shock: ha ha ha I mean come on, no-one needs one THAT BIG!!!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Feb Thu 23, 2006 10:10 am

They should be required to get a liscense to drive that in a Disney Park! :shock: Shock absorbers!? :lol:

dmandavids
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by dmandavids » Mar Thu 09, 2006 2:45 pm

I'm in my early 20's and I don't act like that. It is pretty sad.

kristen
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kristen » Mar Thu 09, 2006 2:58 pm

I've seen some ridiculously large strollers at WDW. I love when people think they're the size of an umbrella stroller and try to bring it on a crowded bus at MK closing time. They sit them on people. It's fun. :evil:

pumpkinhead
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by pumpkinhead » Apr Fri 21, 2006 1:22 pm

Ok, I am 16 and let me just say this, I am in no way affiliated with the Teenage demographic (other than my age). There is NO excuse for the way some of them act and I am disgusted when people assume behavioral stereotypes based on age.

And yes, all my friends call me "old man" when we go to Disneyland.
-But I keep them in line thank you very much.

That said I would like to indulge you in one of the many reasons I hate people.

I hate stupid people.
-People who walk around map in hand running into things and people.
-People who are too old to be in fantasy land, then mock it as if it was trying to impress them.
-People on Haunted Mansion who try to quote Paul Frees' narrative... and fail miserably.
-People who don't understand the Fast-Pass system then complain because the time on their ticket is in a few hours, (come , on there are instructions on the park map)

I hate ignorant/rude people.
-People who talk through Pirates.
-People who cut in line / hold spots for other people.
-People who walk through planters, pee on walls ect.
-People who destroy Disney property by accident.

And number one on my hit list.
-People who destroy Disney property on purpose. (They should be tied onto one of the Small World boats and sent through for eternity.)

Dang, Im angry..
PH
Last edited by pumpkinhead on Apr Fri 21, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

realcal

Post by realcal » Apr Fri 21, 2006 2:40 pm

WOW!

Perhaps we should narrow it down to only allowing blond-haired, blue-eyed Germans into the park as well.

To assume that it is the poorer, financally-restricted visitors that are rude, obnoxious and in the Parks is ludicrous. I get the feelling that you are referring to people of other ethinicities as well. Often the rudest visitors are the parents with the $300 strollers and the bratty "daddy-will-buy-me-anything-I-want" rich kids. It sounds like maybe you have some issues with people who aren't EXACTLY like you.

Disney should be about BROADENING our views and horizons, not narrowing our tolerance.

pumpkinhead

Post by pumpkinhead » Apr Fri 21, 2006 5:22 pm

realcal wrote:WOW!

Perhaps we should narrow it down to only allowing blond-haired, blue-eyed Germans into the park as well.
-That would be sad, i couldn't get in.

-And my worst experiences in Disneyland invoved a very german (pale, blonde and blue eyed) looking kid who vandalized something in HM.
realcal wrote:To assume that it is the poorer, financally-restricted visitors that are rude, obnoxious and in the Parks is ludicrous. I get the feelling that you are referring to people of other ethinicities as well. Often the rudest visitors are the parents with the $300 strollers and the bratty "daddy-will-buy-me-anything-I-want" rich kids. It sounds like maybe you have some issues with people who aren't EXACTLY like you.
-In no way do I mean or assume that the people messing around in the parks are from lower economic classes, or diferent races. I only expressed some of the things that irritated me. You are right on about the $300 stroller moms though, gah they are bad! The only reason I suggest a possible price increase would be so that people would look at a trip to Disneyland as the privilege it is and hopefully act more accordingly.

-I am not racist, I hate all who come between me and Disney equally.

-And yes I do have Issues with people who don't treat Disneyland as the privilage it is!
realcal wrote:Disney should be about BROADENING our views and horizons, not narrowing our tolerance.
-True, but should we, the paying customers and lovers of all things Disney need to tolerate vandalism and other things that come between us and the enjoyment of Disneyland?

I am truely sorry if any of my opinions angered or hurt you in ANY way. I was just expressing my views based on past experiences in the Parks.

PH

realcal

Post by realcal » Apr Sun 23, 2006 8:58 pm

Having grown up in a very intolerant environment, I am hyper-sensitive to labels and generalizations, probably too sensitive. We then lived for ten years in California where we were exposed to a diverse and rich cultural mix of people and experiences.

No harm, no foul! I should have walked away from the keyboard...

My apologies for not giving you more credit. Disneyland is my escape from most of the "evils" of society. You are certainly welcome to express your views and opinions.

As I stated earlier in this thread, "A bad day at Disneyland is better than most any other day anywhere else.".

ellison
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by ellison » May Thu 18, 2006 10:18 pm

I honestly believe that when we react negatively to something that is obviously stupid and disrespectful we attract more of the same thing. Hence why WE have good days and bad days. Its hard not to get worked up when someone is ruining the experience for others and at the cost of others. If you have ever had a bad day at the park, head over to main street cityhall building next to the fire station and let them know what happened. They will will cheer you up.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Jun Mon 05, 2006 2:38 am

Why pay the money if you are just going to destroy it. I've heard of all the hard work the custodial staff and castmembers do while the park is closed at night. Picking up every little piece of trash, polishing brass and even sometimes repainting. Thank you for all your hard work, custodians. If it wasn't for you Disneyland would be just another amusement park.

PS I totally involuntarily smile when I walk through those turnstiles too. And that sound of fairy dust or a little whistle. It definately sets the mood.
I do stuff sometimes.

disneygirlygirl

Post by disneygirlygirl » Apr Wed 11, 2007 12:48 am

Wow! That essay makes me so sad. Its horrible that people are treating Disneyland like this. I have SO much respect for that wonderful place and how much work Walt put into it. Society has completely forgotten its past...and its really really sad. Im only 24 and it makes me sick to see people my age acting this way...I cant belive that parents would let their kids act that way in public. I have always wanted to work at Disneyland but its people like that that would ruin the magic for me...I would probably get fired real quick for yelling or laying the smack down on dumb disrespectful people! Grrr! :evil:
I wanna go to Disneyland!!

XOXO - Disney Girly Girl