Moderator: Moderators

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Aug Sun 23, 2015 1:51 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
SeattleSuz wrote:I was able to get my second day. We have friends that are going to meet us there around 11/11:30 as soon as we land and are going to basically hang out with us and do rides and stuff until dinner. Then we will have the whole next day from RD to HP ending. :)
Yay! :goofy_bounce:
What Amy said.

I hope you have a great time!
Thanks!! I'm sure happy to be going on my birthday!!!
:ccat:
Image Image

vintif
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by vintif » Sep Fri 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Splash, Pirates, Thunder Mountain Space Mountai,, Indiana jones...DCA - Toy Story, Soaring, Gladiator Spring Racers,,,,
Disneyland always gives us something to look forward too!!!

SeattleSuz

Post by SeattleSuz » Sep Tue 08, 2015 10:41 am

vintif wrote:Splash, Pirates, Thunder Mountain Space Mountai,, Indiana jones...DCA - Toy Story, Soaring, Gladiator Spring Racers,,,,
I think we will definitely do all of the those with the exception to Toy Story mania, because we did that at WDW and it was OK, but not really worth the long wait.
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 08, 2015 12:56 pm

SeattleSuz wrote:
vintif wrote:Splash, Pirates, Thunder Mountain Space Mountai,, Indiana jones...DCA - Toy Story, Soaring, Gladiator Spring Racers,,,,
I think we will definitely do all of the those with the exception to Toy Story mania, because we did that at WDW and it was OK, but not really worth the long wait.
They say the wait for DCA's Toy Story Midway Mania isn't so long. Although when we were there the waits were still well over an hour, but that was near the holidays and I think a lot of locals were there as well. Worth a look anyhow when you go to see if the wait isn't too long.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Tue 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Amy wrote:
SeattleSuz wrote:
They say the wait for DCA's Toy Story Midway Mania isn't so long. Although when we were there the waits were still well over an hour, but that was near the holidays and I think a lot of locals were there as well. Worth a look anyhow when you go to see if the wait isn't too long.
When we were there in July it wasn't horrible, but it was still a rather long wait. 30-45 minutes. So it just depends on how badly you want to play the games, if that length of time is worth it. The times weren't anything even remotely approaching the WDW crowded day wait times.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

SeattleSuz

Post by SeattleSuz » Sep Tue 08, 2015 1:40 pm

cy1229 wrote:When we were there in July it wasn't horrible, but it was still a rather long wait. 30-45 minutes. So it just depends on how badly you want to play the games, if that length of time is worth it. The times weren't anything even remotely approaching the WDW crowded day wait times.
That's not too bad. But I doubt DH will want to wait for that, since we've already done it at WDW. We shall see though. DD wants to do California Screamin very badly, so I think that will be the top attraction at DCA for her.
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 08, 2015 7:03 pm

SeattleSuz wrote:
cy1229 wrote:When we were there in July it wasn't horrible, but it was still a rather long wait. 30-45 minutes. So it just depends on how badly you want to play the games, if that length of time is worth it. The times weren't anything even remotely approaching the WDW crowded day wait times.
That's not too bad. But I doubt DH will want to wait for that, since we've already done it at WDW. We shall see though. DD wants to do California Screamin very badly, so I think that will be the top attraction at DCA for her.
California Screamin' is awesome! And that attraction has both FP and single rider line so that helps with the wait as well. Radiator Springs Racers would be my first choice for a FP though.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Tue 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Amy wrote:
SeattleSuz wrote:
California Screamin' is awesome! And that attraction has both FP and single rider line so that helps with the wait as well. Radiator Springs Racers would be my first choice for a FP though.
Mousekedittos to everything Amy said. Get your RSR fastpasses first thing. And remember, the fastpasses distribution is in a different location. Exactly what that is escapes me at the moment... But a cast member will cheerfully tell you and 6472626273746473828291910 other people where to find it.

I.
Love.
California.
Screamin!!!!!!!!! Totally could have ridden over and over again.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

SeattleSuz

Post by SeattleSuz » Sep Wed 09, 2015 10:20 am

Yeah i am thinking that RSR will be our FP for DCA. California Screamin will probably be one that DD and I ride more than once, with DH watching silently from the sidelines. ha ha
Image Image