Disney Blog LIVE Stream of PAINT THE NIGHT Electrical Parade

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disney Blog LIVE Stream of PAINT THE NIGHT Electrical Parade

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Did anyone watch the live streams of the new PAINT THE NIGHT electrical parade premiering tonight at Disneyland? What was your thoughts? Some great technology with the LEDs, but the parade seem very short - just under 20 minutes.

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Disney Blog LIVE Stream of PAINT THE NIGHT Electrical Pa

Post by daluke » May Sat 23, 2015 1:29 pm

I thought it was hard to tell because of the quality of the video stream. You couldn't really tell details...but the quantity and quality of lights looked incredible.

Also, were those embedded video screens? Like on the Monsters Inc float, or the Truck from Cars - those looked really sweet.

And the final float pieces with Goofy, Donald, Minnie and Mickey looked very good!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Blog LIVE Stream of PAINT THE NIGHT Electrical Pa

Post by Amy » May Sun 24, 2015 8:00 am

Wow ~ looks pretty amazing! I love all the pretty lights :D
Tinkerbell sure is in for a wild ride isn't she?
I have to agree with you daluke ~the semi truck from Cars was very cool ~ Slinky Dog from Toy Story was pretty neat too, although I'm surprised Woody wasn't lit up more ~ he was sort of hard to see.
I really liked Sorcerer Mickey's float at the end as well ~ neat how they had the display on the light curtain in front of the float :D
I also thought it was a bit strange how they had Mike on the back of the Monsters float with just his eye animated though. Looked a bit weird, at least on video. Maybe it looks better in person.
My favorite might have been one of the simplest ~ I loved the spinning jellyfish :lol: