it's a new small world

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 20, 2008 12:13 am

I bid good luck to those going on Friday or sometime this weekend. If you want to avoid the long lines, try the early entry, during parades/fireworks (though more people would probably take that route), or before the park closes.

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » Nov Thu 20, 2008 12:17 am

Thanks! haha, I'm sure it will be crazy but it was the only weekend that both my mom and I could go. It's our birthday present to each other. We are going Friday to Monday so hopefully we will get to do everything we want to.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Nov Thu 20, 2008 10:59 am

Ugh... I hope it doesn't suck. :( I'm sure kids today will think it's great because it's now just a mish-mash and blend of everything else Disney lacking theme and originality.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Thu 20, 2008 12:07 pm

abrcrmbegrl20 wrote:I'll be going there Friday when it opens and I'm sure lines will be crazy but I still want to see the changes.
Oh, please take pictures or video if you can. I would like to see how it turned out. Though, I am scared.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Bullwinkle
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Bullwinkle » Nov Thu 20, 2008 8:19 pm

The boats are Fiberglass and not painted...the weight issue is true
"Just remember, six out of seven Dwarfs are not Happy"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 8:49 am

abrcrmbegrl20 wrote:I'll be going there Friday when it opens and I'm sure lines will be crazy but I still want to see the changes.
Take some pics and post them if you can, I'd like to see the new boats :D and whatever other changes there might be. Thanks!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Fri 21, 2008 9:53 am

disneydreamer58 wrote:
Take some pics and post them if you can, I'd like to see the new boats :D and whatever other changes there might be. Thanks!
If you do a google search for darkbeer smugmug and look in his theme park section you can see lots of photos. I also read in his post (on another forum) that there are candy cane scents in the ride near the Holland section.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 10:28 am

disneylandmom wrote:
disneydreamer58 wrote:
If you do a google search for darkbeer smugmug and look in his theme park section you can see lots of photos. I also read in his post (on another forum) that there are candy cane scents in the ride near the Holland section.
Nice, I will have to check that out. That is one thing I like about Miceage is all the photo's people post in their reports. I can never get enough pics from the parks!

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Fri 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Looking through darkbeer's pictures. it doesn't look like too much has changed. I thought WDI had the inspired idea to raze the rainforest and build America with Mickey and friends in its place. I haven't seen anything on Save the Rainforest or re-imagineering. Was the grassroots movement successful, did we actually convince Disney management that their ideas are stupid and idotic, is there actually a ray of light in the dark, gloomy fog that has been WDI these so many years?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Fri 21, 2008 12:23 pm

agingerbugg wrote:Looking through darkbeer's pictures. it doesn't look like too much has changed. I thought WDI had the inspired idea to raze the rainforest and build America with Mickey and friends in its place. I haven't seen anything on Save the Rainforest or re-imagineering. Was the grassroots movement successful, did we actually convince Disney management that their ideas are stupid and idotic, is there actually a ray of light in the dark, gloomy fog that has been WDI these so many years?
Well this is the small world holiday version. Maybe after they change it back to the other version we will see those changes??

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Fri 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks to whoever posted the pictures! I'm so thrilled to see that Jungle Blossom the Hippo (my mom's absolute favorite) is still in her pond. Thus far it looks like no Disney characters unless I missed something. Hooray for one of my favorite rides!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Nov Fri 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Thanks to whoever posted the pictures! I'm so thrilled to see that Jungle Blossom the Hippo (my mom's absolute favorite) is still in her pond. Thus far it looks like no Disney characters unless I missed something. Hooray for one of my favorite rides!
Well I didn't post the link but just how to get there because he has so many good pictures that I thought if you all got there you'd get to see the others as well. (I'm never sure if I should post links on here. So thanks agingerbug for doing that. ) There are also pictures on that site from the filming of the Disneyland Christmas parade.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 4:01 pm

disneylandmom wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:Looking through darkbeer's pictures. it doesn't look like too much has changed. I thought WDI had the inspired idea to raze the rainforest and build America with Mickey and friends in its place. I haven't seen anything on Save the Rainforest or re-imagineering. Was the grassroots movement successful, did we actually convince Disney management that their ideas are stupid and idotic, is there actually a ray of light in the dark, gloomy fog that has been WDI these so many years?
Well this is the small world holiday version. Maybe after they change it back to the other version we will see those changes??
Loved the open letter to the WDC from the Blair Family about the change of the Rainforest area to now have an "Up With America" addition see part of that letter ....
quote "the addition of the Disney Characters and the “Up with Americaâ€

Magical Wonder
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Magical Wonder » Nov Fri 21, 2008 7:24 pm

I was at Disneyland for my first time last year around Christmas. I love what DL does to It's a small world at Christmas time. The building is so impressive. I heard that they had to refurbish the attraction - so it's about to open again, or has it already opened. I'm confused.

abrcrmbegrl20

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » Nov Tue 25, 2008 12:20 am

I got back from my trip today and it was a lot of fun. I rode Small World and it was nice. There are scents. I didn't read every post on here but there is a Christmas tree smell and candy cane smell. Other than that and the boats I didn't see any difference. I did it first thing yesterday morning during early hotel guests hours because the crowds were crazy for it.