Exclusive "Club 33" in New Orleans Square

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Jan Thu 10, 2008 4:26 pm

My girlfriend was able to go to Club 33, She liked it. Next time we go out there we might try to got there... thats if the family she was friends with still have the membership.

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Jan Fri 18, 2008 10:56 am

I have a friend that lives in So Cal and he thought it would be funny to send me a picture from his cell phone of the Club 33 sign and then ask me if I could guess where he had lunch. Well, of course, I was insane over it --- tons of questions. Finally, he came clean. But, he said that while he was goofing around in front of the door, a CM opened the door and asked if him if he was a member. When he sheepishly replied, no, the person gave him an exclusive Club 33 pin. Kind of neat.

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Jan Fri 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Calypso wrote:When he sheepishly replied, no, the person gave him an exclusive Club 33 pin. Kind of neat.
That's pretty neat! I saved the napkins from the bathroom (with "33" logo), the drink swizzle stick, the mint wrappers, and the pen that came with the check. The mint wrapper is now in my scrapbook. Sick, I know.
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Jan Fri 18, 2008 2:13 pm

I got to go there once. A co-worker of my father's had her retirement party there, and there were like 20 people from her group there together. Honestly, it was so long ago that I don't remember it much.

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bryceran » Jan Fri 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Does anyone know if you can bid on a dinner there on eBay or something? That would be funny.

saritajuanita
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by saritajuanita » Jan Sat 19, 2008 3:13 am

Jelloforme wrote:Does anyone know if you can bid on a dinner there on eBay or something? That would be funny.
Likely not. Disney is quite controlling about how memberships can be used. They will allow the sale of a reservation at a charity auction with prior approval (I've seen them on the list before), but certainly not for profit. I don't know where you live, but if you live in SoCal somewhere, a charity benefit would be the best place to try. They auctioned a reservation for six(?) off last year at the Orange County Assistance League benefit.

ETA: you live in Utah (duh, I checked your listing) - so, I dunno. Got any friends in Orange County?
"Pretty soon we'll be underwater - I mean, under<i>way</i>."

"Careful of the little ones folks, if they latch on to you they'll bleed you dry for the next 18 to 24 years."