Year of a million dreams prizes

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

yoyoflamingo
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by yoyoflamingo » Mar Sat 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Hoping, though not couting on, something like this to happen when I go Disneyland in July and Walt Disney World in August. Then again, who wouldn't want something like this to happen to them?

disneygirlygirl
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneygirlygirl » Mar Sun 25, 2007 6:24 am

Im going to DLR with my boyfriend for my 25th birthday this year in September...so Im *crossing my fingers* that I get an awesome "Year of a Million Dreams" birthday present....it would make my whole entire year :mickey: !!
I wanna go to Disneyland!!

XOXO - Disney Girly Girl

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » May Tue 01, 2007 9:13 pm

I got the fast pass thing it was pretty cool :mickey:

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jul Mon 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Cool video of 1 winner who to me won big.
<script src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/play ... ;width:480;" type="text/javascript"></script>

^If you can not see the above video click the link below

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Jul Tue 31, 2007 7:26 am

Woooo.. he really did win big ! How amazing

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Jul Tue 31, 2007 8:26 am

I got a dream fastpass and felt great about it. Couldn't use any of the tabs, but kept the intact thing as a souvenier.

Interesting points about there being no real promotion outside of the Disney fandom area. I wonder how I'd feel about it if I didn't know about the prizes and was tapped for one of the biggies.

Haven't been paying attention like I should have. Anyone know if any of the biggies are left. I guess they can give away castle stays until the end of the promo, but what about DVC memberships or cruises or the like?
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Jul Tue 31, 2007 8:39 am

Okay... just watched the video above. So at least one guy won the DVC membership. Good for him! Glad to see that they're doing this kind of thing. It really doesn't cost them that much. In fact, based on what I've heard from other DVC members, the good word of mouth is well worth whatever the cost of the free membership is. But I still wonder if there's any other big prizes still to win. Might give me some hope as I hang out in DTD this weekend.
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by soccermouse » Jul Tue 31, 2007 4:45 pm

Since I started this thread, I thought that I would post that my daughter won two more of the same Tinkerbell pins on our trip to WDW. One was marked "To Keep" and one was marked "To Give Away". She watched all week for someone to give the other one to and finally gave it to a little girl that looked like she was having a hard day. I was proud of her. Many kids would have kept both.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Jul Tue 31, 2007 7:15 pm

It sounds like they're doing an interesting job of selecting which families get prizes, put it sounds like they're picking ones that will be able to enjoy the prize, which is great! I can't wait to at least see someone get a prize, that will be fun!

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Aug Wed 01, 2007 3:55 am

soccermouse wrote:Since I started this thread, I thought that I would post that my daughter won two more of the same Tinkerbell pins on our trip to WDW. One was marked "To Keep" and one was marked "To Give Away". She watched all week for someone to give the other one to and finally gave it to a little girl that looked like she was having a hard day. I was proud of her. Many kids would have kept both.
I am proud of you as a parent for instilling the give to your kid(s) I thank you. I try to do the same with my kids and it is good to see that she realized she didn't need 2 of the same pins.

Great job and keep up the great work.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Wed 01, 2007 12:23 pm

soccermouse wrote:Since I started this thread, I thought that I would post that my daughter won two more of the same Tinkerbell pins on our trip to WDW. One was marked "To Keep" and one was marked "To Give Away". She watched all week for someone to give the other one to and finally gave it to a little girl that looked like she was having a hard day. I was proud of her. Many kids would have kept both.
That is really cool that they give out pins marked to keep and to give away. That's a very cool twist to the promotion, and makes it even more enjoyable, I think. Of course, I also agree with eagle4life :)

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Aug Tue 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Alas, I have yet to win anything....but I plan to keep going until I do!!!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Aug Tue 21, 2007 4:09 pm

Some people in the group that I went with this past week, won some princess temporary tattoos. It was...cute.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

billville

Post by billville » Aug Tue 21, 2007 4:34 pm

chefbuns wrote:Alas, I have yet to win anything....but I plan to keep going until I do!!!
I too havent won anything and im an annual passholder...lol!!

As you said chef...i plan to always keep going back and continue buying my annual pass. But I will let you all know if I win or see someone who does win.

D Rae

Post by D Rae » Aug Mon 27, 2007 9:48 pm

For what its worth, they also have a 'no purchase necessary' option for those of us who havent been able to get to the parks yet this year.......by mailing in postcards your entered into a daily drawing. I've gotten 2 of the lanyards, with the special yom pins. And for this Disney fan, it was just as exciting as getting one from the DS at the parks. :D :ccat: :hatter_bounce:
I may be growing older, but I refuse to Grow UP!