When was your last visit to Disneyland?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

garate55
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by garate55 » Oct Wed 24, 2007 11:30 am

I was there just before Christmas 2006 and have a trip planned for Nov 14-20 of this year(2007).

I also listen to all 3 of the internet radios, I know of, that play Disney stuff.
Dave

matt1611
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by matt1611 » Oct Wed 24, 2007 10:26 pm

me and my friend went back during the summer it was awsome, we got park hoppers, and spent a lot of time in california adventure

faxprincess
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by faxprincess » Oct Thu 25, 2007 10:15 am

We just got back last week! (We went October 14 - 17.)
The Halloween decor is so much fun! Loved Golden Screams, although most of the audience didn't get half of the jokes the host told. my group was the only laughing half the time! (You need to know your villains!!)

Anyway, the more I go on Holiday Haunted Mansion, the more I like it, although you can't ever beat the original.

Candy Corn Acres was so cute and clever! I just wish the Mickey's Halloween Treat wasn't so hard to attend.

My sister and I dressed our babies in their Halloween costumes (Tigger and Roo) and they were a hit! Twice we were surrounded by people who wanted to take their pictures! Good times!! Overall the whole trip was a blast!

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Oct Thu 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Candy Corn Acres? Do share the details!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Oct Fri 26, 2007 10:47 am

faxprincess wrote:We just got back last week! (We went October 14 - 17.)
The Halloween decor is so much fun! Loved Golden Screams, although most of the audience didn't get half of the jokes the host told. my group was the only laughing half the time! (You need to know your villains!!)

Anyway, the more I go on Holiday Haunted Mansion, the more I like it, although you can't ever beat the original.

Candy Corn Acres was so cute and clever! I just wish the Mickey's Halloween Treat wasn't so hard to attend.

My sister and I dressed our babies in their Halloween costumes (Tigger and Roo) and they were a hit! Twice we were surrounded by people who wanted to take their pictures! Good times!! Overall the whole trip was a blast!
Sounds like a great trip! Glad you enjoyed Golden Screams and Candy Corn acres. Great idea with the kids costumes!

NsDodgers
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by NsDodgers » Oct Sun 28, 2007 11:10 am

I last went in August because I moved from California to New York for grad school. Before that I went many many times so I am homesick and can't wait to go over thanksgiving.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Oct Sun 28, 2007 7:51 pm

I was there in September. My first time to DL, it was really fun to see the differences from WDW.

faxprincess

Post by faxprincess » Oct Mon 29, 2007 12:16 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Candy Corn Acres? Do share the details!
They have the Candy Corn acres in front of the Big Sun Wheel. They have characters come through out the day that you take pictures with. They have candy corn grape vines,candy corn tomatoes (and some others I can't think of) all growing around you. In the center is one huge candy corn you take pictures in front of. If I was smarter, I would know how to post a picture on here.

ritchie56
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by ritchie56 » Oct Tue 30, 2007 7:43 am

My last trip was July 1968. I was 11, and don't remember it very well, though I do remember my mother wishing we could eat in the Blue Bayou restaurant. I remember before we did that trip always wishing on stars and wishbones that I could someday go to Disneyland -- and when it happened, it was like a miracle. Of course, as an adult, I know how my folks must have felt--trying desperately to make their kids wish come true. I know I made sure my kids got to Disney World!

The good news is I think I am going to make it back to Disneyland next fall. I have to go to LA, and I think I'm going to take a couple of extra days to go down to Disneyland--I just don't think I can get that close and not try!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 30, 2007 8:00 am

My last trip was July 1968.
Wow!! 68 and I thought it had be long for me 78.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Oct Tue 30, 2007 8:51 am

faxprincess wrote:They have the Candy Corn acres in front of the Big Sun Wheel. They have characters come through out the day that you take pictures with. They have candy corn grape vines,candy corn tomatoes (and some others I can't think of) all growing around you. In the center is one huge candy corn you take pictures in front of. If I was smarter, I would know how to post a picture on here.
Sounds like super fun theming. Someday I'll have to make it to the parks just to see all the fantastic Halloween decorations. Thanks for sharing!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Oct Tue 30, 2007 9:47 am

Esmeralda wrote:
faxprincess wrote:They have the Candy Corn acres in front of the Big Sun Wheel. They have characters come through out the day that you take pictures with. They have candy corn grape vines,candy corn tomatoes (and some others I can't think of) all growing around you. In the center is one huge candy corn you take pictures in front of. If I was smarter, I would know how to post a picture on here.
Sounds like super fun theming. Someday I'll have to make it to the parks just to see all the fantastic Halloween decorations. Thanks for sharing!
The best thing about the giant Candy Corn in the middle is that there is a big bite out of the side of it. At random times throughout the day, Heimlich from A Bug's Life will pop out of it chewing and say something hilarious and then dissapear back into it. It's a really cool effect because you don't expect it, and it doesn't happen very often so you're usually surprised. :D

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Oct Wed 31, 2007 12:37 pm

I visited yesterday!! I got there 15 mins before gates opened, rushed to get my Annual Passport, and then we hit the park for about 4 hours. The place was pretty empty, walked on to all the rides with a minimum wait time. Didn't get to try the Nemo Subs, but I will save that for another visit now that I have got myself an AP. After I spent time in the park I headed back home, packed my bag and went to the airport and flew back to Michigan.

Overall it was a fun visit, got to do all of the rides twice that I wanted to ride, plus it had been over a year since my last visit, so it felt good to be back. Only disappointment was having to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday, since I have yet to ride the Haunted Mansion since its upgrade, and every time I have visited since the upgrade, they have had the HM Holiday going, so I really want to see the original!!
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » Nov Sun 04, 2007 1:04 pm

The last time I was at the DLR resort, was in October of last year. But we went like 9 days in one month because we kept going back and forth to L.A. So I was there for the very first night of Halloween decorations and it was PACKED.
We don't have any plans of going this year, but maybe for in February.:ccat:
Disneyland is the best!

Darren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Darren » Nov Sun 04, 2007 6:04 pm

My last trip was in 1997 or 1998. Wow, ten years ago! So much has changed since then. I think they were barely starting California Adventure. I can remember being bummed that the Peoplemover was gone and I reminisced about Adventure Thru Inner Space.