Which land do you think needs most help in new advancements?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Jul Tue 24, 2007 4:19 pm

Tomorrowland could use some updates as well as Critter Country. Also, every time I visit Toon Town it seems like the "hill" behind it that has the words "Toon Town" on it is more faded than the last time I was there. Honestly, I thought Disney was good at repainting things so they stayed looking new? Anyway, so that area could use some help.

Also, DCA needs something. I mean, the park is cool and all and has some fun attractions but the overall atmosphere doesn't seem to have the same "magic" that Disneyland does. It kind of reminds me (and please don't hate me for saying this) of an upscale Six Flags (atmosphere wise, not ride wise). So I would like to see some details added to that park to make it feel more "Disney".

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jul Tue 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Slimmer Kimmers wrote: Also, every time I visit Toon Town it seems like the "hill" behind it that has the words "Toon Town" on it is more faded than the last time I was there. Honestly, I thought Disney was good at repainting things so they stayed looking new?
When were were there two weeks ago they had scaffolding up in Toon Town behind Roger Rabbit. IT looked like they were going to be doing some painting or something to the cartoon hills.

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Jul Tue 24, 2007 9:34 pm

disneylandmom wrote:When were were there two weeks ago they had scaffolding up in Toon Town behind Roger Rabbit. IT looked like they were going to be doing some painting or something to the cartoon hills.
That's good. Hopefully the next time we go we will be able to enjoy the fresh paint before it fades again!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Thu 26, 2007 11:55 am

Tomorrowland does not look very futuristic anymore. Other than the cartoon theming Walt Disney World's has moved to, I think WDW's Tomorrowland looks so much better.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Thu 26, 2007 5:25 pm

subsonic wrote:Tomorrowland does not look very futuristic anymore. Other than the cartoon theming Walt Disney World's has moved to, I think WDW's Tomorrowland looks so much better.
From reading here and on other sites this is the one in most need. Mice Age had a really good series on this a while back with before and after pictures.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

ralberts
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ralberts » Jul Fri 27, 2007 7:05 am

Disneys America wrote:I agree that Tomorrowland needs the most work. I think it would be interesting to bring CoP back from Florida (updated, of course) in place of Innoventions. A whole generation of Californians have never seen this classic attraction and it would be new to them, and it appears that the folks at WDW are trying to kill it slowly anyway.
Amen, the CoP would be great to bring back and update. Maybe new management will consider something like this in the future. We can all cross our fingers and hope.
Randall

indysoarin19
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by indysoarin19 » Jul Sun 29, 2007 1:00 am

For Disneyland, Tomorrowland definitely needs the most work, but it would be interesting to see what they could do with the Frontierland area by Fantasyland. The rest of the Westside has maxed out its space, I think.

For DCA, Paradise Pier is being fixed first, but Pacific Wharf and Frisco should follow.
Fixing cars as an Autopian mechanic!

blinkereye123

Post by blinkereye123 » Aug Sat 11, 2007 11:05 pm

Hi folks. I guess it's unanimous that Tommorowland is the land is most need of catching up, (betcha never thought we'd be saying that!), but ther is alot to work there with. I also think that Adventureland could use some sprucing up; most notably the Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room. Compared to the IJA they look almost quaint, but not in a good way. I also guess I'm not alone in saying that SOMETHING needs to be done with DCA if not in idividual lands than a complete overhaul! Anyway I'm sure the company will come to its senses eventually and start taking chances again, (God willing). Til next time, peace.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sun 12, 2007 9:36 am

blinkereye123 wrote:Hi folks. I guess it's unanimous that Tommorowland is the land is most need of catching up, (betcha never thought we'd be saying that!), but ther is alot to work there with. I also think that Adventureland could use some sprucing up; most notably the Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room. Compared to the IJA they look almost quaint, but not in a good way. I also guess I'm not alone in saying that SOMETHING needs to be done with DCA if not in idividual lands than a complete overhaul! Anyway I'm sure the company will come to its senses eventually and start taking chances again, (God willing). Til next time, peace.
If you look through the post, you'll see Disney is going to put 1.5 Billion into DCA in the next few years! (YES They Said 1.5 BILLION!)
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Aug Sun 12, 2007 11:04 am

I would agree that tomorrow land needs some help it just seems to lack that exciting futuristic feel. But I don't want to complain about my favorite park. They could change nothing and I would still return time after time with the same excitement. :)

skipper

Post by skipper » Aug Thu 16, 2007 12:32 pm

For me it has to be tommorow land. We dont spend much time in this land because of the lack of attetion grabbing attractions.

DisneyChris
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by DisneyChris » Sep Sat 15, 2007 8:47 pm

What About Frontierland????
No Keel Boats
No Dance Hall Girls
No Native America references

Where is the "Tribute to America's Historic Past"

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Sep Mon 17, 2007 11:36 am

I agree with IndySoarin that the Big Thunder Ranch area needs a something done there. I would love if they even just brought the Ranch back, as it's such a great area and was nice and tucked away. The BBQ was a favorite eatery of my family. I think it would help with DisneyChris's comments too, if they just created a ranch area with some horses and other animals, and maybe some cast members to walk around dressed as cowboys, frontiersmen and native americans. I think it would be cool to allow people to just walk around and speak with people in character.
I also think it's really difficult to make Tomorrowland feels furutistic without having it be a retro-ish 60s type futurism. I like the themeing as it currently stands, I feel they just need to do a little more with the space, like do something with the rocket rods/people mover track and maybe replace innoventions, as I don't think it's that major of an attraction for people.