How bad is traffic to Disneyland?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Slimmer Kimmers
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

How bad is traffic to Disneyland?

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Fri 24, 2007 12:05 am

Hey all! We're not really familiar with southern California traffic and we're hoping for some pointers. We will be moving to northern LA, probably the Simi Valley area. Anyone live near there that could tell us how long it will actually take to get to Disneyland? I know I can't go with what Google Maps says....1 hour? It's gotta be longer than that with traffic! Any help would be great! Thanks! :D

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Aug Fri 24, 2007 10:15 am

I'd say minimum 1 hour from Simi. But it depends on the time of the day and day of the week. Pretty much the only day that usually does not have traffic is Sunday. Most other days you can expect to hit some around downtown during the morning commute.

Welcome to SoCal!!

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Fri 24, 2007 11:01 am

Thanks! I appreciate the info! I'm sure the traffic won't seem too bad since we'll be going to Disneyland! :mickey:

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Aug Fri 24, 2007 11:45 am

Hey, I live in the Bay Area, so it's about 5.5-6 hours to drive to Disneyland... be glad you won't be dealing with that :D
~Steve

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Fri 24, 2007 12:10 pm

spaulo wrote:Hey, I live in the Bay Area, so it's about 5.5-6 hours to drive to Disneyland... be glad you won't be dealing with that :D
Ouch! Sorry, spaulo! We're actually originally from Oregon and it would take about 13-14 hours to get to Disneyland, so I can sympathize with the long drive! For some reason though, the drive never seemed that long to me....maybe because all I could think about was the destination! :D

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Aug Fri 24, 2007 4:31 pm

Yea, I would say that sundays are definitely the best days to go. Traffic usually doesnt seem too bad on that day. Normally simi valley is typically about an hour away...with traffic your looking at 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Which im sure is an improvement from 13-14 hours, heh!

With all that aside, welcome to beautiful southern cali! You will definitely love it here...i never plan on leaving. Especially with DL being 15 mnutes away from me. If you plan on being a regular there, I suggest the southern california resident annual passport. Its one step above the southern cali select passport. This passport gives you some sundays with all saturdays, peak dates, and holidays blocked out. And its only about $159 versus the deluxe which is right around $230 i believe. Great value for what you get!

Slimmer Kimmers

Post by Slimmer Kimmers » Aug Sun 26, 2007 1:40 pm

bvillalta wrote:Yea, I would say that sundays are definitely the best days to go. Traffic usually doesnt seem too bad on that day. Normally simi valley is typically about an hour away...with traffic your looking at 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Which im sure is an improvement from 13-14 hours, heh!

With all that aside, welcome to beautiful southern cali! You will definitely love it here...i never plan on leaving. Especially with DL being 15 mnutes away from me. If you plan on being a regular there, I suggest the southern california resident annual passport. Its one step above the southern cali select passport. This passport gives you some sundays with all saturdays, peak dates, and holidays blocked out. And its only about $159 versus the deluxe which is right around $230 i believe. Great value for what you get!
Yes, we actually will be taking advantage of the Southern California Annual Passports. We're lucky to have at least our two oldest children's birthdays fall on days that aren't blocked out. The Deluxe Passes were getting just a little too expensive anyway! Thanks for all the input on traffic down there. We're super excited to make the move to sunny southern Cali and especially to have Disneyland so close! Even if it takes 2 hours from where we'll live we won't care! Thanks again for the info! :D

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Tue 28, 2007 5:52 pm

This is kind of a side story, but when I was young and we would get to the park before they opened the parking lot, there would be a line of cars all the way down the old entrance. I'd always call it a "Disneyland Jam" and it was such a great way to get excited about the rest of the day. I think even the traffic going to Disneyland ends up being a little more bearable because of where you're going.