Food tips

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Aug Fri 10, 2007 7:00 pm

That sounds like a dish I saw at the River Belle terrace
River Belle Barbecue Platter - St. Louis pork ribs and barbecue chicken, served with barbecue beans, coleslaw, sliced apples and cornbread. $11.99

I've gotta try that but I read somewhere that they would be closing for refurb. anybody know if this is true?

acgonzales
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by acgonzales » Aug Sun 12, 2007 8:09 pm

We always stay at the Embassy Suites and every Embassy Suites has cook to order breakfast that come free when you stay in one of their rooms. We usually eat breakfast at the hotel and that saves some $$$ right there. Then we eat a late lunch so we wont have to worry about the dinner rush and then we usually get some snacks at night. With three of us in our family; me, my husband and son, we usually spend about $40, no more than $60/day in the park on lunch and snacks. :mickey:
"You will always remember today as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" - Captain Jack Sparrow

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 13, 2007 12:52 pm

disneylandmom wrote:That sounds like a dish I saw at the River Belle terrace
River Belle Barbecue Platter - St. Louis pork ribs and barbecue chicken, served with barbecue beans, coleslaw, sliced apples and cornbread. $11.99

I've gotta try that but I read somewhere that they would be closing for refurb. anybody know if this is true?
The Riverbelle is closed for refurb (the Bengal BBQ will remain open, but as thought originally would be closed), and will open sometime . Here's the blurb from MousePlanet's latest DLR Update:
Riverbelle Terrace closed August 19 until December for remodel.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070813xx
Thanks for mentioning the Riverbelle BBQ Platter, I had completely forgotten about that! They did try to bring it over to the Riverbelle, although the quality and amount of food isn't anywhere near the Rancho Del Zocalo one. But you could probably still split that plate between two people.

coasterphil
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by coasterphil » Aug Mon 13, 2007 9:57 pm

My suggestion would be to just eat taffy and funnel cakes all day, but thats probably not going to help you all that much. Works for me though. :lol:

chefbuns
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by chefbuns » Aug Mon 20, 2007 2:59 pm

I get around the parks on about $45.00 for all food. First, bring a medium sized water bottle with you and refill it at the waterfountains all day, that save $2.75 a bottle to drink. Also, get breakfast before you get there. Also, I know that I am going to want all my snacks, popcorn, churro, etc. so I don't eat lunch I just snack as I get hungry. Also the turkey legs are huge and big enough to share for $7.50 if you need a protein fix. Then I either eat at The French Market in New Orleans Square or at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland FOR DINNER, both have real food (not burgers and fries) for about the same price I would pay for the burgers and fries.
Last edited by chefbuns on Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:32 pm

chefbuns wrote:Also the turkey legs are huge and big enough to share for $7.50 if you need a protein fix.
These are the grossest things in the world. They had them in WDW first, but DL's got 'em too...

People walking around in the hot L.A. summer sun just chomping on a big fat leg of greasy meat...

Eff that.

And I'm no vegetarian, believe me... turkey is yummy. But the whole "turkey leg at the theme park" phenomenon baffles and gags me...
~Steve

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Mon 20, 2007 3:39 pm

spaulo wrote:
chefbuns wrote:Also the turkey legs are huge and big enough to share for $7.50 if you need a protein fix.
These are the grossest things in the world. They had them in WDW first, but DL's got 'em too...

People walking around in the hot L.A. summer sun just chomping on a big fat leg of greasy meat...

Eff that.

And I'm no vegetarian, believe me... turkey is yummy. But the whole "turkey leg at the theme park" phenomenon baffles and gags me...
While I'm neither here nor there on your turkey leg sentiment, I must applaud you on the correct spelling of "Eff that". It's quite rare to run across someone on the internet who appropriately spells "eff". Very nice sir.