Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Wed 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Ooohhh new update.

Mickey's Fun Wheel LEDs have been networked and 45 minutes before WOC starts a public wifi network will go live in the area. Guests will be challenged to match their phones to the wheel. Winner/fastest time gets control of the next round of lights.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... challenge/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Ooohhh new update.

Mickey's Fun Wheel LEDs have been networked and 45 minutes before WOC starts a public wifi network will go live in the area. Guests will be challenged to match their phones to the wheel. Winner/fastest time gets control of the next round of lights.

That sounds fun! Hopefully my phone will still have some juice by that time of night so I can play! :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Well if you would stop sending "down south" selfies all day you might have some power. :D

Oh, they appear to still be filming stuff since a lot of light rigs were still up/being set up, but it looks like they might be doing night segments since work was still being done during the day.

That also reminds me, the animation lobby has opened again and I am not sure if they kept the movies updated prior to the renovation but now they are featuring new, more recent films in the lobby.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Sat 16, 2013 8:49 am

I guess us old (gas passers) should think about upgrading from a flip phone... :oops: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 16, 2013 11:22 am

Goofyfan wrote:
I guess us old (gas passers) should think about upgrading from a flip phone... :oops: :goofy:
Or you can just hope you are next to someone that will share their phone to let you play :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 3:24 pm

I wonder, with the View filming this week at DLR. Do they film the show the day before? Since there is such a time difference, the park isn't open yet and even if it were the crowds would probably be sleepy since it would require pre 7-AM arrival.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I wonder, with the View filming this week at DLR. Do they film the show the day before? Since there is such a time difference, the park isn't open yet and even if it were the crowds would probably be sleepy since it would require pre 7-AM arrival.
Someone posted on facebook about Demi Lovato and Kobe Bryant (I think) being on stage today, so I suppose you could check the show schedule and see whether that aired today or if it comes on tomorrow. I don't watch the show so I don't know...
EDIT: I just checked the show schedule online and it mentions Demi as being a guest host every day so that's not very helpful I guess :lol: And it didn't mention Kobe or any other sports star at all :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Let me check the police blotter to see if any white women were (allegedly) choked. :D

Edit, so far none have come forward and the schedule has Kobe (who has a house by my parents) on later in the week

Thursday: Patrick Dempsey from ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy; NBA champion Kobe Bryant; Darby Stanchfield, Jeff Perry and Columbus Short from ABC’s Scandal. Demi Lovato guest co-hosts.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Let me check the police blotter to see if any white women were (allegedly) choked. :D

Edit, so far none have come forward and the schedule has Kobe (who has a house by my parents) on later in the week

Thursday: Patrick Dempsey from ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy; NBA champion Kobe Bryant; Darby Stanchfield, Jeff Perry and Columbus Short from ABC’s Scandal. Demi Lovato guest co-hosts.
Ok, so obviously I don't read very carefully when it comes to sports stars :roll: I would think they tape at least 2 episodes back to back, if not more. And you might be surprised at how early people will get up to go see their favorite celebrities. As for me, I'll be on the attractions with shorter queues while all the audience peoples are sitting there enthralled by their small screen idols ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 10:47 pm

"Oh lets get up at 4 AM to go to a taping of the View", said no one, ever.

There is also another factor you forget, sunlight. While there is heavy artificial light to make the leathery ladies of the View look less crypt-keeperish, if they were filming anytime before 8-ish, the sun would still be rising, making editing quite difficult. Also, if they were open for the taping, they probably wouldn't have any rides, shows, or shops open since the focus is on the old bags. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 19, 2013 7:29 am

Here is a blurb on the taping from the official website. Interesting to note that if you requested and won tickets to the show, you also received a one day park hopper ticket!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ber-18-22/

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Yeah, they probably need to give out the tickets since attendance is still low this week I think, and it wouldn't look good to have half the seats empty.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Nov Tue 19, 2013 6:15 pm

"Mom! I don't want to watch the creepy old ladies! I want to go meet the cartoon characters!"
"Junior, when you get to be my age, you'll see that there's no difference between the two."

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 19, 2013 6:34 pm

"Mom, what is a 'race traitor' and why do they keep calling that fat lady one?" :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 20, 2013 1:17 am

http://micechat.com/48182-world-of-color-winter-dreams/

Latest update from Micechat: Viva Navidad brings cultural holiday fun as Winter Dreams light up the night at Disney California Adventure, etc.