Dateline Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Dateline Disneyland

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah, it wasn't just the club that was in violation of OSHA or ADA stuff, which is why the railings have been going up like crazy lately.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, it wasn't just the club that was in violation of OSHA or ADA stuff, which is why the railings have been going up like crazy lately.
I've noticed a LOT of new railings in photos from the parks lately. Some of them blend in really well, others not so much.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Yes, and the die hard Disney fans are very much like tourists when it comes to the rails. They would rather sacrifice worker safety over their own personal enjoyment. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yes, and the die hard Disney fans are very much like tourists when it comes to the rails. They would rather sacrifice worker safety over their own personal enjoyment. :D
I do believe in worker safety, but I do wonder sometimes at what they come up with for railings. Certainly with the shops they have they can make the railings functional and beautiful all at the same time :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 11, 2013 10:04 pm

They have to make railings for everything at the same time, but they only have a finite amount of time to stylize them, so some of the railings are less attractive but temporary.

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Sep Thu 12, 2013 12:25 am

Dateline has done a good job of documenting the timeline on the railings. You can see temporary now clearly as a stopgap, with stylized coming later.

I'm still interested in hearing the official word for the courtyard. I am one of those that liked having an out-of-the-way place, but I can't expect them to not make the smart business decision. If they do use it for a dining area, I wonder how (or if) they will keep it hidden. Can't have a bunch of tourists gawking at Kobe while he eats outside.

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Sep Thu 12, 2013 11:40 am

GeoffS wrote:I'm still interested in hearing the official word for the courtyard. I am one of those that liked having an out-of-the-way place, but I can't expect them to not make the smart business decision. If they do use it for a dining area, I wonder how (or if) they will keep it hidden. Can't have a bunch of tourists gawking at Kobe while he eats outside.
I don't think it will be used for dining. Just waiting until there is room in the club. Right now, if one or two small parties are waiting, they stand in the small downstairs lobby. If it is more than that, they are asked to wait outside near the door until there is room. The courtyard will have chairs and tables and become just a waiting area. What I am hearing, which sounds terrible, is that the current entry into the courtyard will be walled off with an opaque glass barrier.
-Club33Hopeful

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Welcome Back Haunted Mansion Holiday!

Post by mindflipper » Sep Mon 16, 2013 10:08 am

Last Friday, September 13, 2013, began the 13th season of the Haunted Mansion Holiday! (Lotsa 13's there) This year they added a spectacular new effect to the stretching room. When I think of new but dull things that get added to WDW and see this get added to DL - sorry, WDW fans, but WDW has been screwed by not having this holiday overlay! See for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0kQhULowg

Within the first 3 minutes you'll see the new effect I'm talking about - it's a shame we don't have this at WDW...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Well, I am sure you will get the new upgrade that has premiered for Soarin'.

http://youtu.be/eZ6aN5YY3cA

Now, let the butt-hurt flow through you. :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 16, 2013 7:01 pm

http://micechat.com/42470-disneyland-friday-the-13th/

Latest update from MIcechat: Disneyland kicks off Halloween Time with a very busy Friday the 13th party, etc.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Welcome Back Haunted Mansion Holiday!

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 16, 2013 8:37 pm

mindflipper wrote:Last Friday, September 13, 2013, began the 13th season of the Haunted Mansion Holiday! (Lotsa 13's there) This year they added a spectacular new effect to the stretching room. When I think of new but dull things that get added to WDW and see this get added to DL - sorry, WDW fans, but WDW has been screwed by not having this holiday overlay! See for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0kQhULowg

Within the first 3 minutes you'll see the new effect I'm talking about - it's a shame we don't have this at WDW...
That is very cool mindflipper ~ and I agree with you on the HMH. It is one of the things we are looking forward to when we head out to DL this December!! :jack:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Oh Sorry Amy, they will be shutting it down for the duration of your stay for inspections. :D

Man, it appears the pumpkin budget for this year was boosted, either that or the old ones were too faded.

One thing that always makes me wonder, since they were talking about the gingerbread houses and whatnot, why do they add sugar and spices to the mixes for the display pieces that will not be consumed? Sugar might get a pass since it has some structural and browning properties, but spices would not make any contribution. Additionally, like the candy kitchen, the smell isn't actually from the item displayed but rather a scent cannon. I have no idea why they like to claim it is "the real scent", I guess it would just be easier to lie than explain what a scent cannon is.

If they didn't play ghost-train at that dance party, then all members of the planning committee should be set afire and kicked into a wood-chipper.

Also, it must suck having to design menus for fall when it can get in the 100's on some of the days, so no one is going to be lining up to buy hot beverages.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't imagine they are really shutting it down while I am there ~ not nice Wizz :evil:
I scanned through the update rather quickly, but I didn't notice where they were talking about the gingerbread. I wouldn't think they would add the spices because as you pointed there won't be anyone consuming the gingerbread. Maybe they just include them in the recipe in case someone wanted to try to replicate the recipe ~ in a much smaller quantity of course ;)
I completely forgot about Toontown still being in DL ~ yay! :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Every year, for HMH (they also used to do a full scale one in the hotel as well) they make a new gingerbread house, which triggered the memory of them talking about their recipe that has to sit for 90 days prior to baking (it has so much honey that it won't spoil). As part of the thing they noted they add spices to the mix. For one that is on display and within feet of people, they might benefit from adding spices, or just use the scent cannon, since people can smell it. But for the HMH one it is behind the plexiglass wall and so far away that no one could smell it, so they use the scent cannon that smells like the "Mother's Iced Oatmeal Cookies" that used to be common in stores around here.

Don't worry, I will be sure to make sure toontown and HMH are closed for your visit. :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Hmmm, I think the blogger also doesn't quite understand luxury goods/services when complaining about the court of angels. This won't squeeze any extra money out of members since there will not be any increases to the club. They also fail to realize that the entire reason people join clubs, buy luxury watches, and drive high end cars is not just for their own enjoyment while using them but rather so that they can allow you to see/know that they are doing something that you cannot do. The entire allure of club 33 is simply that it is off limits, they could be serving McDonalds food and washing it down with warm PBR and people would still want to be a member. There are equally, if not better, establishments at DLR but they do not have that added bonus of being able to say "I was here and you weren't".