What Disneyland will be like in 50 years...

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

ickymouse

Re: I see some of you did

Post by ickymouse » Jul Tue 26, 2005 3:12 pm

larasound wrote: "... My wife and I made plans to be there for the 100th. God willing we will be a young 78 years old".
-What Disneyland will be like in 50 years...

Sleeping Beauty's Castle - will be changed into the Pippy & Skooter (From "Pippy & Scooter's Excellent Space Blast!") Fantasy Space-hut-merchandise center (Disney Execs in 2055 will deem that Sleeping Beauty, much like the Swiss Family Robinson, is no longer "Current" or "hip" or "Relevant" - even though they sell the DVD's - which in 2055 will be the size of a Quarter and cost that much - through the roof - and tear down the beloved iconic Castle, much to unheard protest of the fans, because they know, more than anyone, that what the Guests want is more Plush Toys & Princess Costumes).

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Pirates of 2055 will break free of their archaic, Animatronic Moorings and actually run and jump all around the scenery. In 2052, one Pirate will actually malfunction and jump into a boat, giving an elderly San Bernardino Woman a massive Coronary. Disney will cover the tragedy up with a lot of smoke & mirrors and dispel rumors that it is just an "Urban Legend of the Park", much like the "Wheelchair" of the guest that died in the Haunted Mansion of fear.

Tomorrowland: Will actually be changed to "Mickey's Carnival Corner" - a fully state-of-the-art, Techno-Carnival-playground for kids to play in a Virtual-Reality Circus, complete with a 3-d, motion-simulator, Virtual, LED-enhanced, digital Petting zoo with the most realistic virtual animals. No more animals dying of strange diseases or mistreatment, or kids picking up lice from petting African Pygmy Goats. As the centerpiece, the former Innoventions building will become the "Riley & Skip's (from the new hit movie "Riley & Skip's Totally Rad Neptune Adventure!") Totally Blasto Space Jumper", which will essentially be a gigantic version of the air-filled jumpers you rent for a kid's Birthday party. Every bit of futuristic Tomorrowland scenery will be removed and replaced with bright, red rocket ships & fluorescent Green and chrome Stars.

The Rivers of America: Don't look for the Mark Twain Riverboat or Columbia sailing ship - Disney hired a team of researchers from Stanford in 2054 to evaluate the river craft's popularity and found that, though Walt himself wanted to have the two vessels portraying the History of Sea travel in America in the park, folks would rather see the "Sparky & Biff's (from the new Disney film, 'Sparky & Biff's Beach Blast!") Amazingly Awesome Extreme Water Sports Extravaganza!" Fantasmic! was replaced in 2021 by "Goofy's Totally Awesome and Radical Blasto Party!" - a 3-d, virtual, sensurround, pyrotechnic Dance celebration! In 2018, Tom Sawyer's Island was closed and made into storage for the massive nighttime show.

Believe! A Fireworks Spectacular: Replaced with an even more nauseatingly, sticky-sweet chorus of kids singing the theme to the new Fireworks show, "Golly gee, I sure hope my dreams and wishes come true". The new show is so big, that reportedly it can be seen from the newly finished International Space Station (in 2053).

Haunted Mansion: Deemed to be too frightening and emotionally damaging by grandchildren of Baby Boomers, whose kids, named Chrysanthemum and Fennel and Parsnip - the ghosts, skeletons and spooks are replaced with adorable, little, colorful, fuzzy animals who sing in unison about how they hate to be "Ascared". The only ghost-like characters seen here are little, bluish-white things that look like the blue things that come after you in Pac-Man. They threaten the colorful animals and are bopped on the head with tiny, fluorescent orange mallets. In a further move to make the Mansion safe for people who can't walk properly without looking for possible obstacles that might trip them, the lights all through the mansion have been turned on so bright, that you can see the layers of dried spit on all the characters in what was once the Graveyard scene (now the Happy Flower Valley scene).

The Jungle Cruise: Since Tarzan's Treehouse was replaced with Binky the Marmoset's (From "Binky the Marmoset") Rain Forest Defoliation Adventure" in 2050, the whole Adventureland area has been re-done in an effort to more closely replicate the current look of the tropical rainforest landscape. gone are the towering bamboo and banyan trees that soared into the air. In their place, souvenir stands made to look like Mountains of Logs, Food stands that resemble housing and business developments and a new flume ride, "Shecky the Beaver's Logging mill Mountain" stands proudly where the sad and dilapidated Jungle Cruise once existed. The music of Steel drum bands with members dressed to resemble displaced jungle natives, now wearing "civilized" clothing, fills the air. The Tiki Room was torn down in 2029 and in it's place now stands "the Endangered Species Pavilion" (sponsored by Petco), where children from around the world can see and learn about beautiful and remarkable Birds and Tropical Wildlife that had been long-eradicated from the planet. Now they can get "up-close-and-personal" with an (Animatronic) Toucan, Macaw and Bird of Paradise (Now extinct).

Also, the new motto of the park will be: "DisneylandPark/Resort/EntertainmentCenter/land - you won't need to go anywhere else. There's no where else to go!"

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Fri 29, 2005 12:34 am

That was quite a "blast".

Hahaha, I wonder how many sites with link to that. That's funny!

Thanks Icky.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

larasound
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by larasound » Jul Fri 29, 2005 9:22 pm

I am glad my quote inspired such creativity. Well written, lets hope that none of that comes true.

ickymouse

Dateline Disneyland 2055...

Post by ickymouse » Jul Fri 29, 2005 11:30 pm

Thanks! Yeah, let's.