New (possible) Nighttime Ride Changes

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Manncab

New (possible) Nighttime Ride Changes

Post by Manncab » Jul Tue 26, 2005 4:52 pm

I just heard the news :lol:

omg.....i getting giggly just thinking of how this is gonna be....

ok i just composed myself.umhummm ok when PoC goes in for its rehab the whole ride is gonna be split into a daytime and a New Nighttime ride

for the daytime its gonna be much of the same stuff as you see now except for bigger cannon blasts and better movements of the robots

but nighttime :twisted:

this is what got me excited the ride will stop just after sundown for 30 min so its "New Track" will be turned on and the robots pirates converted
on this "Nighttime" version what will it be ? :twisted: well lets just say scary all the pirates will be the evil skeletons from the movie and darker with only the full moonlight to see, well you say to yourself thats not to scary. Well all the replaced skeletons are aware of your precence and they will try to take your stuff and girls. :twisted: the new track will put you right next to the Black Maraia so the pirates can almost reach you and the cannon balls from the fort explode right next to the boat. then you go behind the rest of the ride track (daytime )to a new area which is presently the maintace area to a deeper darker island of the pirates and they don't like you being there. becouse they can see you and almost reach you. Jack Sparrow is said to save the day and put you back onto the right track just before a horrable fate is about to take your lives....

where did i hear this well if you subscribe to any of the disney themed podcasts you have heard this before...all i can say is if this works and it is a scary as disney imaginears say its gonna be ... I can't wait !!!! becouse if it works in Disneyland then its comming to WDW :lol:

larasound
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

HECK YEAH

Post by larasound » Jul Wed 27, 2005 9:38 am

Wait.... No that is not believable. I think it sounds cool, but I never heard of a ride changing at night, it would be a first. So how do you REALLY know? Sounds like a rumor to me. It would take a long time to build that new "track". They hardly changed anything in Space Mountain and that took 2 years. Could be cool, but I wont get my hopes up.

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Wed 27, 2005 9:41 am

Well, some rides do (or will) change at night, a la Space Mountain / Rockit Mountain. This bad rumor has been around since early May. I have heard lots of people talk about it, but not one mention from someone at Disney. There are even some cool photoshopped ride posters going around. Until you see a press release from Disney, don't believe the hype.

BTW, I listen to several podcasts. Which one was it on?
-Club33Hopeful

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Wed 27, 2005 9:50 am

Art:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/pirates ... bean_0.htm

Just click the right arrow a few times. There are 4 pictures.
-Club33Hopeful

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jul Wed 27, 2005 11:01 am

"Pirates of the <i><b>Scare</i></b>ibbean?"

Sorry, my B.S. alarm is going off pretty hard.
~Steve

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jul Wed 27, 2005 12:37 pm

Well, I have always said I am a fan of the old rides, and love the attraction the way it is, fresh paint and slight update to fix the walls etc, would be great, but totally revamped, not sure how I would feel about that. It is one of the true originals and it holds so much nostalgia. Alas, I am in the minority. I pray they don't change the name, that would disappoint me tremendously! I can see where the special effects of a "cooler" looking skeleton ghosts and adding more animated skeletal pirates would appeal to the masses.
Gee aren't any of the great original rides sacred?? Guess not. :(
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jul Wed 27, 2005 12:50 pm

setting something like this to go on after dark would be easy just setting some small changes and setting it to go off without a human having to go in and unbolt and rebolt stuff. We'll see I wont hold my breath

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Wed 27, 2005 1:23 pm

This article dates all the way back to January, and was the source of these rumors:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles ... hp?ID=1263
-Club33Hopeful

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Thu 28, 2005 10:02 pm

bostoncg wrote:Well, I have always said I am a fan of the old rides, and love the attraction the way it is, fresh paint and slight update to fix the walls etc, would be great, but totally revamped, not sure how I would feel about that. It is one of the true originals and it holds so much nostalgia. Alas, I am in the minority. I pray they don't change the name, that would disappoint me tremendously! I can see where the special effects of a "cooler" looking skeleton ghosts and adding more animated skeletal pirates would appeal to the masses.
Gee aren't any of the great original rides sacred?? Guess not. :(
I agree with you. That's why I think day/night versions are a GREAT idea.
Keep the old ride during the day and change it at night.

You can still see the old stuff but also get something new that'll draw more lines.

I hope it's not rumors
Last edited by subsonic on Jul Fri 29, 2005 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

podcast

Post by bryceran » Jul Fri 29, 2005 10:19 am

You said you heard it in a podcast. I would like to see which podcast because I subscribe to the Insider, gears behind the ears, and the disneyland ones. I have not heard any. Are there more podcasts? Can you send me the link you got that one from?
I think that is a sweet idea. It would be great to bring more people in and would defineatly make me wait longer for pirates at night.

larasound

Post by larasound » Jul Fri 29, 2005 8:51 pm

Moderately good idea....not going to happen

COOOOLkid

Post by COOOOLkid » Aug Sun 07, 2005 11:59 pm

Pirate of Scaribean sounds like a good idea, and it could possibly happen. They can advertise this with RockIt Mountain after the 50th celebration is over to draw more guests.

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » Aug Mon 08, 2005 12:55 am

I'm not buying it. No way, no how. This was one of Walt's rides, it's not something the higher-ups would take lightly to tampering with, especially if they aren't sure how the west-coasters will react to a day/night ride change. If anything, I'm predicting that if (and it's a very big if) they choose to go ahead with the idea, they'll wait until space/rockit has some time to settle in and see how the market reacts. Still, I'm not holding my breath.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Aug Mon 08, 2005 1:41 am

Aww OK. I got excited and now im back to normal. Even if it's not true- I like the idea of day/night versions of rides. It puts interesting twists on things and can change the mood of an attraction. But please don't mess(too much) my Pirates! I love it the way it is.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bryceran » Aug Mon 08, 2005 2:04 am

I think preserving the way it is now during the day should be fair to all those who love the park. I think that changing it at night may seem like Disney is betraying itself, but I think it goes along right with what Disney said himself. Disneyland will never be completed (you know that one) as long as their is imagination left in the world. I think it would make a great addition, help park attendance, be a popular hit, preserve the original while adding more, and all that good stuff. I say if it is true, go for it.