What you love most about your vists to Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

larasound
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

What you love most about your vists to Disneyland

Post by larasound » Jul Tue 26, 2005 11:34 am

I love watching people. The mood in the park is different from any other place in So Cal. People from all over the world, generally in a good mood. Old people acting like kids and kids with wide-eyed amazement. I love to sit with my wife and observe. I was in the park Sunday and they had the trashcan that rolls around tomorrow land and talks to guests. What a great human experiment to see people react to this oddity. They look inside, chase it around, run from it and laugh. All the range of human emotions, crazy to observe, Plus the park stays the same (for the most part), I get older and change, but Main Street USA is the same as it was when I as 10.

bryceran
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bryceran » Jul Fri 29, 2005 11:45 am

I like the sight, sound, and smell of Disneyland. Man, I love getting the churros and the lemonades and just waiting in line as I talk to my wife. I remember when I was about 12 I moved from So Cal to Michigan and got a paper route. One day I had to stop in front of one guy's house because it smelled just like the Pirates of the Caribbean.
You can ride all the rides but you can't get enough of just being in the atmosphere.

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Fri 29, 2005 12:13 pm

Memories of the past. No other place do I feel so connected to my childhood. Hopefully my kids will take their kids to the parks and feel the same way.
Last edited by Club33Hopeful on Jul Sat 30, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Club33Hopeful

larasound

Post by larasound » Jul Fri 29, 2005 8:15 pm

Yeah, your right. It really is all about the memories.

LaughinPlace
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by LaughinPlace » Sep Sun 11, 2005 12:03 am

i love the cast members. the ones like a few people that i met up in the disney gallery last month when i went. they gave me the GREATEST experience at disneyland that i've ever had in my life, and that's tough to do considering i've been there over 200 times probably. it's a long story to tell but that's what makes my day. when cast members are the nicest people and they talk to you about anything and they'll converse with you. it's just awesome

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Fantasrick » Sep Tue 27, 2005 11:13 am

I enjoy the parades in the middle of the day.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Tue 27, 2005 1:37 pm

A whole bunch of things. It's not just the rides, but the memories and fun times you create with friends and family. I do love the sights, smells, food, the excitement of stepping into a ride after waiting in line, the quiet time while you're by yourself, the joy on people's faces after witnessing a show, and other good stuff. Disneyland leaves a lasting impression on you no matter how old you are.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Wed 28, 2005 11:05 am

Club33Hopeful wrote:Memories of the past. No other place do I feel so connected to my childhood. Hopefully my kids will take their kids to the parks and feel the same way.
I couldn't have said it better myself! So I thought I would just quote ya!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 28, 2005 12:47 pm

Ditto on that. My grandparents took my parents to the park (not together, of course, they didn't meet until their twenties!), my parents took me to the park many times... my girlfriend's parents took her... so yeah, hopefully, some day, we'll take our kids.

What am I talking about "hopefully?" There's a better chance of my future children getting tired of the place, we'll go so often!
~Steve

soccermouse

Post by soccermouse » Oct Thu 06, 2005 10:59 am

Because I am a teacher, a coach and because I have lots of church responsibilites, Disneyland is one of the only places that I have to get away from EVERYTHING. I don't carry my cell phone, I start to relax and I begin to feel like I am part of the Fantasy.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Oct Thu 06, 2005 3:18 pm

soccermouse wrote:Because I am a teacher, a coach and because I have lots of church responsibilites, Disneyland is one of the only places that I have to get away from EVERYTHING. I don't carry my cell phone, I start to relax and I begin to feel like I am part of the Fantasy.
Ya know- I might try leaving my cell phone behind. Just to see what it's like not being connected anymore. Take that technology!
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Oct Fri 07, 2005 9:58 am

:shock: I don't know if I can leave the cell phone behind, oh the anxiety. But then again back in the day I got along just fine with out one when I didn't have one. And what could be so important that someone who need to reach me while I was at Disneyland, they would all know that is my favorite place on earth as to not bother me while I am there......ok, I might try it when I am there in December.....or at least consider it :wink:
My bf will have his, he owns an operates his own business so he has to have it on 24/7 365, or at least he thinks he does :P
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

sunburnt_brain
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by sunburnt_brain » Oct Sun 09, 2005 10:57 pm

What I love about Disneyland is Carnation Plaza Gardens. I love watching the older couples swingin' with the young couples to the live swing bands.

I'm also a huge fan of Main Street. Just for the people watching aspect. Very fun.
---

Sir! You're going to have to get out of that tree!

Saxxy36
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Saxxy36 » Oct Fri 14, 2005 3:16 pm

I love it when the park gets kinda cold at night. I go and buy hot chocolate and I make my way over to the castle. I'll find a bench and sit there with a great view of the castle drinking my hot chocolate. The sight is so beautiful with all the lights and the disney music playing in the backround. I really do feel like I am in a fantasy. Luv it!