10 Year Anniversary Today!

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

10 Year Anniversary Today!

Post by subsonic » Feb Wed 12, 2014 12:37 pm

It's Subsonic Radio's 10th Anniversary!!!

Well, technically it's not. Subsonic Radio's Shoutcast station went live around November 2003 but the site and forums didn't go up until today, 10 years ago. This is based on my join date! memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

Wow. In retrospective it's been quite interesting. People have come and gone. Those who once used to be regulars in the chat, and close to me, I haven't seen in ages. However, new people have joined the ranks and I can now consider to be my friends. Users have stepped up and organized meets on their own. Most recently, running races together throughout WDW. It's fantastic that there's this amazing, tight community that continues to grow, makes friends, and be a part of the Subsonic Radio family.

I've seen a wide range of emotions of people dealing with deaths and illnesses to births and survivals. Happiness from people traveling across continents to visit other Disney parks, family, and friends. The joy people get from visiting this site and hearing feedback that it brings back memories.

There have been babies born, sometimes multiple. Including myself, with a 5 year old son who visits Disneyland many times a year. He asks me to play music from the parks while we're driving; Space Mountain being his top request.

I had never imagined that Subsonic Radio would last this long nor grow to this amazing community. I am very proud of this site I started over 10 years ago, but it wouldn't have been possible for it to expand without the selfless time, support, and effort so many of you have put in. You know who you are; I hope you understand how much I appreciate all that you have done for this site.

Thank you all. Here's to the next 10 years!
- Subsonic
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: 10 Year Anniversary Today!

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Wed 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Happy birthday, SSR! :)

Having found the site sometime around November 2009, I haven't even experienced half of those 10 years (and I won't claim that I've been around the whole time) - but I always enjoyed being on the streams, on the forums, and on the chat.
Thanks to you, Subsonic, for starting it all and to all the other contributors for making it possible - and keeping it that way in the future :)

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Feb Wed 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Happy Anniversary Subsonic Radio!!! Even though I've only been on here a mere 2 years, I can't imagine life without you!!!! I've gotten so much joy from listening to the music and connecting with some amazing Disney fans!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping make my days fun and exciting with a Disney soundtrack!! :mickey: :D

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Feb Wed 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Apparently my join date was 14 March 2004. Now I feel old. :?
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by sockfire » Feb Wed 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Woot 10 years!!

Pretty amazing. I thought we'd get shut down in the first year :) I guess we can stop worrying about that now.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 12, 2014 2:30 pm

I am so happy you put together this site ~ and it has been up and running for 10 years now! I have met some wonderful people here, both online and in person, and love that my sub family keeps growing and expanding :D
To all the administrators, and stream hosters, and everyone else that keeps Subsonic Radio up and running ~ Thanks for all you do! :D

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Feb Wed 12, 2014 5:42 pm

Happy Anniversary Subsonic.

Without having found this site many years ago, I would not have known just how awesome many of the background/area musics really are, how important they are to making Disney Parks what they are, and how much listening to them can salvage a bad day.

Thanks for everything, and here's to another 10 years. :D

-Giz

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Feb Wed 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Gizmata wrote:Happy Anniversary Subsonic.

Without having found this site many years ago, I would not have known just how awesome many of the background/area musics really are, how important they are to making Disney Parks what they are, and how much listening to them can salvage a bad day.

Thanks for everything, and here's to another 10 years. :D

-Giz
Wow, now there's a name I haven't seen in a while! Hi Gizmata!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Happy Anniversary Subsonic Radio!!!!
Here's to another 10+ years of fabulous music, fantastic friends, and magical memories!!!

I believe we first heard Subsonic via Live365, long before we even thought to check out the website....and I can't believe it's been almost 5 years for us. I mentioned this on Facebook, but I will also mention it here:
The same night that we became members of Subsonic, we also became members of another Disney fan site (also a smaller site...not one of the giant/well known ones). Nearly 5 years later, Subsonic Radio is the one we associate with.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Feb Wed 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Happy 10th Anniversary to Subsonic Radio! If it wasn't for your website and reading lionsleepstonight CP Blog, I may have never got interested in doing the Disney College Program. Thank you for your wonderful 10 years of playing Disney Theme Park Audio & Music and making new friends in the process!

Even though I don't post as much as I used too, I still listen to this website most of the time on my iPhone app and absolutely love it.

here's an interesting fact: the monster sound show audio is from my family vacation video from 1995! 2 of the participitants are Ken & Sue (my parents!) I uploaded the video to a friend to post online like 10 years ago and i guess the audio got leaked which is a pretty neat tribute :)

And I can't believe I've been a member for over 9 years!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 12, 2014 8:50 pm

I joined September 25, 2008! It seems like so much longer than 5 1/2 years.... Sub is a part of my every day life! I have made many friends that I hope to see at the next WDW Subsonic meet-up. Here's to the next Subsonic chapter!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Happy Anniversary SSR!!! I joined in '07 and have met some amazing people b/c of this site!!!! Time sure does fly when you're having fun!!! :D Thanks to all of those that make this site possible and to all of my Sub family! Cheers!!!!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Wed 12, 2014 11:45 pm

I joined in 2010 after looking up Disney Park Music in the search engine. I clicked on the site and was not able to hear the streams. I went into the chat to see if anyone there could figure out why it wasn't playing for me. I don't remember who it was that helped me, but they took the time to figure out it was on my end. After that, I have been a loyal listener and can honestly say that Sub is a part of my morning routine getting the kids ready for school every day.

Over the years I have met many of you, including the great Sub himself, moderators acp, rdeacon and Len90. I have grown very close to several regular members. I have been on Disney trips with them and am planning future trips with others soon. Even planning a cross country trek later this year.

I can't thank Sub and his team enough for the impact this site has had on my life. I look forward to many more years and more friendships to come.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 13, 2014 3:09 pm

My hubby told me about Subsonic, and my world hasn't been the same ever since! My girls think I'm a loon because I listen to Disney all day while working, but my response is that it keeps me singing inside and puts me in a better mood. :)

Thank you to all the time, effort, and energy that everyone puts into this site to make it what it is. 'Tis true, the best things in life really ARE free (well free for us anyway... :lol: )

I'm hoping to be able to meet a bunch of you again sometime soon but with one in college and another four years behind her, we won't be doing a lot of Disney traveling for awhile. But some day, we will meet in person. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Fri 14, 2014 1:06 am

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful site! I am so happy to be apart of it from 2007 and I was able to meet some wonderful friends on here that I'm still friends with via Facebook. Here's to more years on this great site! At least I was finally able to request songs to celebrate the other day. :D