10 Year Anniversary Today!

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: 10 Year Anniversary Today!

Post by lonepalm » Feb Fri 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Sorry, I'm late. Happy Anniversary! I'm so honored to be a part of this community and so glad that I can provide the 48k request stream so those of us that need to use our mobile data to get our fix don't have to worry about overage as much LOL! I consider a lot of people here friends and look forward to many more years of listening and interacting!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 14, 2014 9:42 pm

lonepalm wrote:Sorry, I'm late. Happy Anniversary! I'm so honored to be a part of this community and so glad that I can provide the 48k request stream so those of us that need to use our mobile data to get our fix don't have to worry about overage as much LOL! I consider a lot of people here friends and look forward to many more years of listening and interacting!
Thank you so much for that 48k stream! I don't have to worry about data usage (thanks grandfather clause) but I do have to deal with buffering out here in the sticks and the 48k helps with that tremendously! :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 15, 2014 11:15 am

Happy anniversary, Sub. March 18, 2004 is my join date, and I think I originally found you after the demise of ThemeParkOne's Shoutcast stream TPOradio. I echo your sentiment, it has been amazing watching this site grow and watching post counts grow into five digits, even for some relatively newcomers. I'll never get there but plan to remain a regular and active member and moderator and am proud to say so.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by captianbubble » Feb Sun 16, 2014 10:59 am

happy anniverssary subsonic radio!
I have been a member sence June 2012, and I found you through a web search tried to find Epcot Innoventions music.
Anyway1, here's to the future and you for another 10 years and counting! Cheers!!!!
Disney World Here I Come!

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Feb Thu 20, 2014 2:22 pm

WOW, November 28, 2005 (My dad's birthday? hmmm)... I really thought it was before I moved in Aug of 2005 but it has still been a long time! Happy Anniversary/Birthday Subsonic Radio! I can't begin to express how much better my life has been with the streaming audio and the people in it. I have actually met many of the 'regulars' in chat and several forums members. I had the opportunity to be at WDW when acp and Subsonic were both there and trust me when I say that brought out several others. Mega-Stars like that bring people out like Moths to a Bugzapper!

I wished I could contribute more but without Fios I am limited. I echo every word that has been stated in the previous posts before me. Reading how impactful SR has been to so many actually had me well up some tears. I encourage more to stop by chat and say hi but PLEASE wait a few moments for a response. We are usually there but sometimes need to finish a phone call or an email. Here is to many more years and many more friends!!

playasong
Casting

Post by playasong » Feb Thu 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you and Happy Anniversary ! While I'm not here as frequently as I want, it is so great to come back each time !!! The music and all the site contents are so special to me and my family - may there be another 50 years !!

Deacon8luez
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Deacon8luez » Feb Fri 21, 2014 7:01 am

Happy Anniversary and thank you for the all the good times you've reminded me of by playing these stations.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Feb Sat 22, 2014 9:20 am

Happy Birthday SR!! I missed the first year and a half and feel poorer for that! When I first joined I was VP of a "books on tape" company and only had to think for other people so I had plenty of time during the day to be on the Boards of SR. Since I actually have to work for a living now I don't have the time to be as active, but I still listen at some part of every day!

Since I've joined I've had 2 houses, 4 jobs, 4 cars, 5 game systems, 6 computers, been to WDW 3 times, but had only ONE internet radio station! Here's to the next 10 year for my net laughing place - the happiest place on the web - Subsonic Radio!

dnmglenn
Casting

Post by dnmglenn » Feb Tue 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Happy Anniversary, as this is one of the ways I am able to make it until our next WDW trip. Like right now I am listening to soarin and just can't wait to go back. Thanks for the memory jogging. :D

Vieux Carre
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by Vieux Carre » Feb Wed 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Happy Anniversary Subsonic Radio! Thank you for all that you do and the substantial work that must go into the maintenance of the site. SR gives me the opportunity to bring back fond memories as a former Cast Member at Disneyland, but most particularly, as a young father taking my bride and our little daughter to WDW. I'm sure many folks feel the very same way. All the best!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 03, 2014 4:45 pm

I feel so bad I didn't post anything sooner. In the midst of six straight weeks of having at least one exam :(

Happy 10th anniversary to this AMAZING site. I joined up back in March of 2008 and will be coming up on my 6th year here already (can't believe it has been that long). SR for me has been something I really can't live without. I am always listening to the streams when I study for background music. Subsonic Radio got me through senior year of HS, college, and now I am conquering post grad with the help of some great study music. Over the past few months I have not been on the forums much, only because I just don't have time to come on here and post. From this board I have been privileged to meet some amazing people both at the parks and even in random places. I just recently was able to hang out with Ravenscroft for dinner in South Jersey. In addition to meeting some of the members, I am proud to say I have made some great friends thanks to this site.

Sub, thanks for creating this happiest place on the internet and here is to the next 10+ years.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Mar Fri 07, 2014 3:02 pm

I can't believe this year will be my 10th Year (Aug 13, 2004). So many great memories, I remember when we had a few people relaying the streams.

I have loved seeing this community grow in so many ways.

Keep up the great work

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Wed 12, 2014 3:55 pm

:figment: Whoohoo! Happy 10th Anniversary!

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Mar Wed 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Happy Anniversary. Nothing makes me happier than listening to the music on Subsonic (although actually BEING in the Parks listening to the music live is pretty great :lol: ). If more people knew this site existed, it would probably be overwhelmed with listeners! Thanks, Subsonic, for all you have done and accomplished in ten years. 10 years of Magic and here's to ten more!
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo