New Stream - Future Land!!

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

BleuLlama
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

New Stream - Future Land!!

Post by BleuLlama » Aug Tue 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi all! Just wanted to announce a new, awesome stream named "Future Land".

It's a collection of music from Epcot's Future World, Magic Kingdom (and DL)'s Tomorrowland that all has a certain "feel" to it. All instrumentals, all awesome music...

What you won't get: There are no on-ride audio recordings. There's no lyrics. There shouldn't be anything where you hear a human talking. :)

You can get to it through the usual methods, although the iOS app is still broken. Sorry about that. ;)

Many thanks to all involved on making this happen. To Jimi for the hosting of Future Land (as well as MainStreet now, and possibly others in the future), and many, many thanks to those on IRC (kristen, Subsonic, jimi, and the rest) for helping cull through the days and days worth of material to hone it down to the 25ish hours of material over the past months, into the stream that currently is known as Future Land. None of this would have been able to happen without them.
1978: WDW MK, River Country -- Fort Wilderness
1985: WDW MK, EPCOT, River Country -- Polynesian
2011: DLR, DCA (one day)
2012: WDW Poly (one evening)
All of that, and part of me is still there.

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Re: New Stream - Future Land!!

Post by acp » Aug Tue 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Just a quick note, it should now show up in the Windows and Android apps. If it doesn't, the following will make it happen:

- Windows app: Either quit and re-load the app, or click "Refresh Stream List" in the bottom left of the window. If it still doesn't show up, you may be using an old version of the app, in which case you can get the latest version (1.8.5 from here).

- Android app: Either quit and re-load the app, or press the menu button on your device, and choose Refresh Stream List. If you don't have the Refresh Stream List menu option, update the app to the latest version (1.6) using Google Play.

Good job, Bleu and others :)
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » Aug Tue 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Can't wait to try it out! The locations sound right up my alley and yeah, sometimes, I just don't want to hear any humans talking. :)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Tue 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I find myself tuning in to Future Land almost every morning. I haven't listened SR this much in over a year. I'm glad we came up with it.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Aug Tue 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Just started listening to it. I think this it going to be awesome!
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 3:26 pm

This is great! Between this and Yesterland, I am pretty much set. Great job, everyone!

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by captianbubble » Aug Tue 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Yes can't wait to listen to it on the iOS app will work On the next update!
Disney World Here I Come!

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » Aug Tue 27, 2013 7:11 pm

junebug1233 wrote:This is great! Between this and Yesterland, I am pretty much set. Great job, everyone!
I was just going to say, with Yesterland down, this is my favorite stream. Is Yesterland up? I can never seem to connect, it's been that way for months.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 27, 2013 7:43 pm

jrcohen wrote:
junebug1233 wrote:This is great! Between this and Yesterland, I am pretty much set. Great job, everyone!
I was just going to say, with Yesterland down, this is my favorite stream. Is Yesterland up? I can never seem to connect, it's been that way for months.
I haven't tried to listen to the Yesterland stream on my phone in forever. I am looking forward to when Future Land will be available on the iOS though. That is about the only time I can listen to Sub is when I am in my car. It sounds awesome!

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Aug Wed 28, 2013 12:42 am

Ooh, there's some mind readers somewhere! Future Land is perfect for me, loads of good memories. Thanks!!
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 28, 2013 8:19 am

Just realized I am sitting at home on the computer and I could be listening to the new stream ~ nice!! Love it :D

DearlyDeparted
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DearlyDeparted » Aug Wed 28, 2013 8:35 am

Dole Whip. Request Line. And now Future Land. I just don't have enough ears for all this goodness!! :mickey:
Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding...

junebug1233

Post by junebug1233 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 8:36 am

jrcohen wrote:
Yesterland always works for me on my computer, I listen to it every day. I don't often try to listen on the app, but I don't believe it works for me.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Wed 28, 2013 9:58 am

junebug1233 wrote:
jrcohen wrote:
Yesterland always works for me on my computer, I listen to it every day. I don't often try to listen on the app, but I don't believe it works for me.
I listen to Yesterlnand all day at work, every day. Now I am listening to Futureland.... wow it's great! My favorite parts of Disney music are from Tomorrowland and EPCOT Future World! What a great addition! Thank you so much for all the hard work.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok one more thing.... I now appear to have ssadd (Sub-Sonic Attention Deficit Disorder) I keep hopping between Yesterland and Futureland, afraid I might miss something! :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

jmksd5
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jmksd5 » Aug Wed 28, 2013 10:45 am

Such a great stream, perfect for the work day, not to mention most of these are favorites anyway. Thanks,