Subsonic Running Club

Current News

Moderator: Moderators

Would you be interested in joining the Subsonicradio Running Club?

Yes
81%
No
3%
Maybe
16%

Total votes: 32

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Subsonic Running Club

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Congrats Rich and Leigh Ann ~ great job!

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Oct Mon 07, 2013 12:01 pm

NaCler wrote:Congrats to Richard Deacon and Leigh Ann Butler Perry for completing the Tower of Terror 10 Miler last night. Pictures are posted on the Subsonic Radio Running Club Facebook page. Make sure to like our page so you can keep track of our great Sub runners.

Sorry for the repetitive posts but I want to make sure we grow our group as much as we can. Next step tech shirts, then maybe some meet ups.
Is there any news on the tech shirt front? I have a half marathon in Houston next month, and I'd love to wear the Subsonic shirt while racing. I haven't been training nearly enough, but I have six weeks to whip myself in shape and am going to try like hell to get back down to 2:10ish.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Best of luck jrchohen!!!

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 1:25 pm

I seriously need to head over to the Sub Radio Running Club on FB!!! This sounds like something serious LOL LOL!!!!

eta...DONE!!!!!!!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Tue 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks for the support everyone. I wanted to make sure we had enough interest before making up any shirts but I think it may be time. We have a great logo thanks to Joe Fox. I was thinking about having some type of slogan on the back something along the lines of Running at Subsonic speed or something similar. Any suggestions?

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Wed 09, 2013 9:01 am

cccmouse wrote:
NaCler wrote: I think only one or two people are doing the Tower of Terror 10 miler, so our first official group event may be the Wine and Dine Half in November since a few more are registered. We'll see how fast we can get this thing rolling.

Darn it. I promised my wife that since I signed up for the Dopey in January, I would not sign up and go down 2 months earlier for the Wine and Dine. Now you are making me think about how I can weasel out of that agreement.
Come on, CCCMOUSE, you know you want to! Come join in the fun at W&D!!!!

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Oct Thu 10, 2013 9:28 am

laurie5658 wrote:
cccmouse wrote:
NaCler wrote: I think only one or two people are doing the Tower of Terror 10 miler, so our first official group event may be the Wine and Dine Half in November since a few more are registered. We'll see how fast we can get this thing rolling.

Darn it. I promised my wife that since I signed up for the Dopey in January, I would not sign up and go down 2 months earlier for the Wine and Dine. Now you are making me think about how I can weasel out of that agreement.
Come on, CCCMOUSE, you know you want to! Come join in the fun at W&D!!!!
You are right, I do want to, and I would make the trip without giving it a second thought if a) it was not sold out, and b) if I thought that it would not create family strife. We were just down there 4-5 weeks ago and will be there for a week in January so I had better be happy with that.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Oct Thu 24, 2013 11:49 am

WOW.. major activity here. Man I hate being busy and not having time for the forums. Thanks you for all the congrats on my ToT race. I told John I am hooked. What a great experience!! I'm just mad I didn't sign up for the other runs in early 2014, as now they are all sold out. Bummer. I will be running the Everest Challenge in May, and the ToT in 2014, and all the Disney races in 2015. I am signed up for the Celebration 1/2 marathon on Jan 26th. Then I need to find a Feb event :)

Running the ToT was my first race in a while (HS) and first ever at that distance. The event was amazing. Crossing the finish line felt amazing, and quite emotional.

I will have to come over for the Wine and Dine and cheer everyone on. Need to get the SR Run Club shirt before then :)

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Oct Fri 25, 2013 10:46 am

Welcome to the club Rich! I can only assume that you felt the same thing I did after crossing the line of my first race (although mine was a lot shorter). That's why we are trying to plan for a large contingent of Subbers at the 2015 events as I think it may hook some others into being active. I'm going to try and get on the ball with those shirts.

As for that Feb event... Remember the Donna Half and Full are not too far from you. No pressure... :D

Monakie78
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Monakie78 » Oct Mon 28, 2013 10:52 pm

I too am eagerly waiting on the shirts for future races. I have a 10 miler in less than 2 weeks just outside of Nashville. I know the shirts won't be ready by then, but would love to have one for later. My dream goal is to run a Disney half marathon in 2015. What's everyone's favorite Disney half marathon? Disneyland or Disney World. I may go to either place for my dream race.

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Oct Thu 31, 2013 8:28 am

NaCler wrote:Welcome to the club Rich! I can only assume that you felt the same thing I did after crossing the line of my first race (although mine was a lot shorter). That's why we are trying to plan for a large contingent of Subbers at the 2015 events as I think it may hook some others into being active. I'm going to try and get on the ball with those shirts.

As for that Feb event... Remember the Donna Half and Full are not too far from you. No pressure... :D
John: haha I know. Actually trying to get in the Princess 1/2 for Feb. I a going to try running for a Charity. That way I can get in even though its sold out.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Oct Thu 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Let me know if you do Rich. I'll be happy to run that... tutu and all!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 31, 2013 8:42 pm

NaCler wrote:Let me know if you do Rich. I'll be happy to run that... tutu and all!
:shock: Oh my goodness, you know I will hold you to this if you somehow get in!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 15, 2013 11:13 am

I think it might be time to dust off the treadmill. Remember the lady that hit our mailbox awhile back? Figment told me to watch for the school bus a few days ago when I went for my walk. I didn't have to worry about that but Mrs. Smith was driving home when I first walked down the street. That went off without a hitch, but then when I was walking the other way she was heading back out and aiming right for me :shock: It took me just a second to realize that I was in the same position as the mailbox on the side of the street and there was a truck coming the other way that she was "getting over to avoid"! Ack!!! So off into the leaves I jumped. She didn't even budge an inch or slow down so I am glad I had somewhere to get off the road to :shock:
Today I didn't encounter Mrs. Smith, but Mom had joked to watch out for the school bus. We both laughed because there is no school today due to parent teacher conferences. Anyhow, as I was rounding the turnaround at the end of the street I heard a large vehicle. I saw some trash cans and figured it was probably a trash truck, but nope, it was a school bus! Which barely fits around the small turnaround on our street. Yup, back into the leaves on the side of the road for me!
At this rate I think the stress is offsetting the benefits from my walks!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Geez Amy! Sounds like your walks could be hazardous to your health!!! :shock: Is there somewhere else safer you can go? Or perhaps the treadmill isn't a bad idea, but that can become boring. Our subdivision is extremely hilly with no sidewalks, it can be dangerous. So we either run at the VU campus or our track at the fairgrounds.

Anyway, I'm really glad you're ok!!!!